Events

Van Huyssteen prepares for Totalsports XTERRA PEZULA debut

· By Matt · 0 comments

Reigning Totalsports XTERRA SA Champion Carla Van Huyssteen is excited to take part in her first XTERRA race that does not feature a water discipline. Taking place on Thursday, 04 July 2013 the Totalsports XTERRA PEZULA presented by REHIDRAT® SPORT will feature a run, bike, run format.

Carla-Van-Huyssteen-MTB-pic-1.jpg

Carla Van Huyssteen during the TOTALSPORTS XTERRA Buffelspoort Full presented by REHIDRAT® SPORT earlier this year. Photo Credit ~ Cherie Vale / Newsport Media

“I’ve heard about XTERRA PEZULA and the week of festivities that goes with it and thought that it looked amazing,” says Van Huyssteen. “Personally I think XTERRA PEZULA could be tougher than regular XTERRAs that start with a swim, as the initial run is a killer. That is what XTERRA is all about. There will always be a challenge. I think my toughest competition on the day will be Jolande De Villiers, she’s pretty tough. After XTERRA PEZULA I’m hoping to take part in a few European XTERRAs, but my focus will be on the XTERRA World Champs in Maui”.

Top competitors in the Totalsports XTERRA men’s race will include Dan Hugo, Stuart Marais, Kevin Evans, Bradley Weiss, Theo Blignaut, Daniel Carleton and Kent Horner.

Follow us on Twitter: @xterrasa

Like our FaceBook page: Stillwater Sport & Entertainment

All entrants can look forward to stocking up on energy at the much loved Bokomo Breakfast Zone that will open at 07h00 at PEZULA Private Estate Field of Dreams (Knysna), while the REHIDRAT® SPORT Recovery Zone will be a welcomed oasis for Warriors after a tough day of racing.

Awesome prizes up for grabs will include a KTM Ultra Sport 29 mountain bike (valued at R11 995.00), a

Totalsports voucher (valued at R2 500.00), an ISUZU 4×4 Academy Voucher, x1 SUUNTO AMBIT2, x1 SUUNTO QUEST, x1 iON Action Camera and more.

For further information on the TOTALSPORTS XTERRA presented by REHIDRAT® SPORT please contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com. For more information on the Pick ‘n Pay Knysna Oyster Festival visit www.oysterfestival.co.za.

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment