Events

Video: Big tricks on Suzuki Nine Knights contest day

· By Press Office · 0 comments

The big winner of the contest day was young-gun Adolf Silva (ESP), who claimed both ‘Best Trick’ and top spot on the podium as ‘Ruler of the Day’ of the Suzuki Nine Knights MTB 2016. The chilled jam format session saw Sam Reynolds (GBR) grab second and Nico Scholze (GER) take third place with some big tricks on Saturday 10th of September 2016.

The prize giving wrapped up an action packed week of progressive riding at Reschenpass in South Tirol, Italy, during which Austrian Clemens Kaudela boosted one of the highest mountain bike airs of all time out of the 7-meter tall quarter pipe.

Silva’s perfectly stomped double backflip over the massive ‘Big Bertha’ step up, secured him the “Best Trick” award, however it was his over all riding that put him above the pack, including a ‘Rock Solid’ on the trick jump, a trick rooted in motocross. “This was one of the best weeks I have ever had”, said the motivated shredder who was invited via wild card from the ‘FOCUS Become a Knight’ video contest, “I love this course and I tried as hard as I could. The double backflip on the big jump felt pretty scary though.” Choosing the best trick was a difficult decision for the jury, with many outstanding performances. Nico Scholze’s ‘Tsunami Flip’ earned a second best trick award and Max Fredriksson’s (SWE) ‘Backflip Barspin to Tailwhip’ third best trick.

ccs-62657-0-99654500-1473686103.jpgAdolf Silva double backflip sequence. Photo: Klaus Polzer/distillery

Sam Reynolds, course co-designer showed stunning ‘Superman’ variations, a ‘360 Flat Spin’ over Big Bertha, boosted huge airs out of the quarter pipe and tore up the flow line. “I wanted to built the best course ever for the boys to have fun. Being second ‘Ruler of the Day’ is just the cherry on top,” he said. Third-placed Scholze showed extreme versatility and Big Bike progression. “This was my first day on a Big Bike here, but it still felt pretty good. I tried what is possible with the bike and, of course, am very happy about the Tsunami Flip”, said Scholze, who was riding on a bike borrowed from his buddy Patrick Schweika (GER) as he, along with Anton Thelander (SWE) and Szymon Godziek (POL), had to sit out due to injury.

ccs-62657-0-74953000-1473686090.jpgMax Fredriksson. Photo: David Malacrida/distillery.

The new event location in Reschenpass in South Tyrol, with it’s awe-inspiring vistas, made for a super fun 6th edition of the Suzuki Nine Knights MTB. Stay tuned for the full week highlight video and for the reveal of the photo competition winning images.

For more information head to www.nineknightsmtb.com.

RULERS OF THE DAY

ccs-62657-0-54833000-1473686096.jpg

1st – Adolf Silva (ESP): Double Backflip (step-up), Superman Double Seat Grab, Rock Solid (both on trick jump)
2nd – Sam Reynolds (GBR) Holyman, Superman Seat Grab, (Step-up) Flatspin 360 (Trick Jump)
3rd – Nico Scholze (GER): Tsunami Flip (trick jump), Flip Heelclicker (Step-up), Flatspin 360 (step-up)

BEST TRICKS OF THE DAY
1st – Adolf Silva – Double Backlip (step-up)
2nd – Nico Scholze – Tsunami Flip (trick jump)
3rd – Max Fredriksson – Backflip Barspin to Tailwhip (trick jump)

ccs-62657-0-39024500-1473686112.jpgPatrick Schweika. Photo: David Malacrida/distillery

ccs-62657-0-40720300-1473686117.jpgKlemens Kaudela with the highest air. Photo: Klaus Polzer/distillery.

ccs-62657-0-58264500-1473686121.jpgAdolf Silva. Photo: Klaus Polzer/distillery.

ccs-62657-0-02565600-1473686129.jpgDiego Caverzasi and Torquato Testa. Photo: David Malacrida/distillery

Comments

There are no comments yet. Why not add yours below.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment