Events

[Video] Greg Minnaar – One Life

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 19 comments

Who is Greg Minnaar? What are his roots? Why is Pietermaritzburg so pivotal in his success? And what is OneLife? We’ll attempt to answer these and other questions about the two-time Downhill World Champion and three-time World Cup Champion with this OneLife short.

http://vimeo.com/73418053

Comments

olram_df

Aug 30, 2013, 9:54 PM

Nice

Thanks for sharing @Stretch

Cav'

Aug 30, 2013, 10:05 PM

Very cool.

Stretch

Aug 31, 2013, 4:59 AM

Nice to see where it all began...also reaffirms that true champions are definitely born with it!

gummibear

Aug 31, 2013, 6:12 AM

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Greg-Minaar-Santa-Cruz-Syndicate-Fox-RAD-DH-Shock.png
PURE

Aug 31, 2013, 6:14 AM

awesome video.

LanceB

Aug 31, 2013, 9:40 AM

How he has not won a major South African sports recognition accolade yet, I will never know.

gummibear

Aug 31, 2013, 9:48 AM

How he has not won a major South African sports recognition accolade yet, I will never know.

You could ask the same about the Caveman,Robbie Hunter,Daryl Impey.

bassasdaindia

Aug 31, 2013, 9:58 AM

wow !!!!

Capricorn

Aug 31, 2013, 10:19 AM

is this like a farewell tribute or something? Then again, my sentiment is being formed by rumors of his retirement from DH. All just rumor so take with truckload of salt.

But have to agree with LanceB.. twice world champ and zero national recognition. Niche sports can suck.

Li Mu Bai

Aug 31, 2013, 11:18 AM

Great.

Well done Gary Perkin.

Thanks for posting this Stretch

Erroli8a8

Sep 2, 2013, 8:17 AM

Well done.

i hope that this run will be edited onto the end of the video.

Gen

Sep 2, 2013, 8:25 AM

Great Video.

geoff.rich

Sep 2, 2013, 8:54 AM

Those 1 Life boys certainly are a CRAZY bunch

nigelhicks

Sep 2, 2013, 5:27 PM

is it just my pc ... or does the video just end when they are at the airport??

Nicko

Sep 3, 2013, 10:45 AM

Think it's just your PC.... Video ended for me just after his interview about the event in pmb this yr, with a clock countdown and then credits...

PS - Congrats on your win last week!!

Waynehans

Sep 3, 2013, 10:47 AM

I downloaded the HD one, only gets to 83%. the SD one seems cool!

nimthor

Sep 3, 2013, 11:08 AM

is this like a farewell tribute or something? Then again, my sentiment is being formed by rumors of his retirement from DH. All just rumor so take with truckload of salt.

But have to agree with LanceB.. twice world champ and zero national recognition. Niche sports can suck.

They interviewed Greg on Capetalk last night and he was asked if it is worth it for him money wise to be a pro DH'er or must he suplement his income. Greg's answer was that he can make a good living and compared it to what the national cricket guys get payed, but he also said thay you can't be a pro in South Africa and that you have to be in the US or Europe to make a good living.

Shebeen

Sep 4, 2013, 8:54 PM

I did a ski season in Vail in 2001, some of the locals asked me about this kid who had kicked butt at the recent world champs there. He got a third, can't believe he is still doing it!

Makes no sense that Ryan sandes is a bigger name than Greg

VicanZA

Sep 4, 2013, 9:12 PM

Well done Greg, video lacks a hook... Would be better to start with some footage of him riding etc..

Add a comment

You must log in to comment