Events

Video: Jarryd Haley – In My Element

· By Nick · 15 comments

Rocky Mountain team rider Jarryd Haley takes us through his transformation from downhill rider to marathon racer. Watch Jarryd have a bit of fun on the Tokai trails and then take you through his hill repeat routine. Expect to see more from the Rocky Mountain team soon.

Comments

Headshot

Nov 4, 2014, 9:26 AM

Now that's how all XC/marathon racers should grow up -skills then fitness :-)

Stretch

Nov 4, 2014, 9:48 AM

nice video

rouxtjie

Nov 4, 2014, 9:54 AM

And a proper gentleman that doesnt have a big head. Met him at j2c 2013...lekker guy

milky4130

Nov 4, 2014, 11:19 AM

Nice one Jarryd 

udxcob

Nov 5, 2014, 5:49 AM

And if you want to meet him, head down to your local Vida hahahahahaha, Jarryd will see the funny side of this 

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Nov 5, 2014, 6:39 AM

Brilliant. And Headshot - 100% agreed. 

kingalton

Nov 5, 2014, 8:38 AM

Jarryd was my partner for the wines2whales a few years back, killed me the first day, thought I could keep up.. the 2nd and 3rd day he took it a bit easier on me, did a lot of pocket holding on the climbs.. good guy :-)

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Nov 5, 2014, 8:51 AM

Jarryd was my partner for the wines2whales a few years back, killed me the first day, thought I could keep up.. the 2nd and 3rd day he took it a bit easier on me, did a lot of pocket holding on the climbs.. good guy :-)

LOL. Looks like he's pretty fit. Definitely has the skillset. 

But anyway - I'm very firm on the opinion that the starting ground for marathon / XC riders should be on the gravity / bmx side. Skills are FAR more important than fitness as a base from which to build. 

Velouria

Nov 5, 2014, 9:31 AM

Nothing like riding with Jarryd to feel old, unfit, fat, slow and technically useless.

Very cool video. I'd buy a Rocky Mountain if it gave me half those skills ;)

juanvd2

Nov 6, 2014, 8:31 AM

Very nice Jarryd. Keep it up Bru!

boristheblade

Nov 6, 2014, 8:52 AM

sjo, how fast is he over those technical sections :eek: - he doesn't make it look technical at all. 

semisub

Nov 6, 2014, 8:52 AM

Oh, I wish I had even 25% of those skills!

DirtyDan

Nov 6, 2014, 8:46 PM

It's the wider bars guys...

Jeepdude

Nov 12, 2014, 9:06 PM

Jarryd is one of the smoothest riders i have ever witnesed and yes humble does not describe entirely

Jacques9874

Nov 15, 2014, 9:41 AM

Grew up knowing Jarryd in his Downhill days, he's always been one of my biggest inspirations to ride! Still great to see him at all the local races! Great Guy

Add a comment

You must log in to comment