Events

Video: Martyn Ashton – Back On Track

· By Press Office · 41 comments

Following his injury in 2013, Martyn Ashton, trials legend, creator of Road Bike Party 2, and, above all family man and bike rider, began his inspirational journey to get back on track. Joined by his friends Danny MacAskill, Chris Akrigg and Blake Samson and filmed by long time collaborator Robin Kitchin, this is Martyn Back On Track.

Comments

Meentb

Jul 2, 2015, 3:10 PM

Man. If that doesnt bring a tear you aint human. That smile of his is priceless

T-Bob

Jul 2, 2015, 3:11 PM

All time awesome. That is pure stoke for being on a bike. The happiness on his face is priceless and I'm not ashamed to say that brought a tear to my eye. 

Amazing how a life can change so dramatically in one second. Respect to Martyn, Danny and the rest. 

Sick trail as well! 

JasonS

Jul 2, 2015, 4:26 PM

Legend.

Raydek

Jul 2, 2015, 5:47 PM

Humbled!

Respect...

Guest notmyname

Jul 2, 2015, 6:23 PM

Sjoe. Heart wrenching stuff.

Rocket-Boy

Jul 2, 2015, 6:32 PM

Wow that must be amazing to be back on a bike after that.

So cool that he has those guys to support him.

milky4130

Jul 2, 2015, 6:34 PM

Wtf!! Still displaying more skill than most abled mtb'ers on this forum, Respect!!

Slowbee

Jul 2, 2015, 7:06 PM

Wtf!! Still displaying more skill than most abled mtb'ers on this forum, Respect!!

for sure he would beat me !

peds

Jul 2, 2015, 7:42 PM

DAM! what talent this man has. Respect to you and your mates, true friends. That just puts life into perspective right there.

#lump in the throat

Dr Drey

Jul 3, 2015, 5:34 AM

What's next..........absolute legend

NicoBoshoff

Jul 3, 2015, 5:34 AM

Sorry, what was that about you not being able to???

Gandalf

Jul 3, 2015, 5:39 AM

damn this guy is awesome! what a legend!

DIPSLICK

Jul 3, 2015, 5:46 AM

Respect, and we complain about too cold, sore toe,sore knee,unfit, ahhhhh it's HARD TO GET OUT OF BED IN WINTER we should be ashamed of our selfs us able bodied LAZY BUMS, ;)

shaper

Jul 3, 2015, 5:52 AM

Great to see!!

ZakAttak

Jul 3, 2015, 5:54 AM

Ditto to all above... Really cool vid, really awe inspiring stuff... Big Ups to Ashton Martyn... A true inspiration to all cyclist of all creeds...

lekker man

Jul 3, 2015, 6:04 AM

Wow... legend!!

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Jul 3, 2015, 6:07 AM

Sniff...

Grebel

Jul 3, 2015, 6:08 AM

Amazing to watch! Just goes to show that a little determination and passion goes a long way!

Davey_Jones

Jul 3, 2015, 6:09 AM

Wow what an inspiration. Nothing not even being paralysed will keep him away from his true passion. We can all learn from that!

l4y3rcake

Jul 3, 2015, 6:17 AM

Why you make me cry on a freaking friday in the office?!!!!!!

Skinnyone

Jul 3, 2015, 6:26 AM

I must be honest - the smile on Martyn's face choked me up a bit! That is so frikken AWESOME!!!!

I remember watching Martyn when I first started riding 19 odd years ago and trying to do the same tricks on my old Kona...didn't work as well...

rock

Jul 3, 2015, 6:40 AM

hells, makes me think of my mate steve who I used to MTB with years ago. he's a quadriplegic following a fall on his bike probably around 10 years ago now.

I wish someday he can get back on a bike.

Squier

Jul 3, 2015, 6:42 AM

Lump in my throat stuff!! Watched it last night with my 3 year old. Poor lil' guy got a teary eyed motivational speech of note.

Love this. In absolute awe.

Ed-Zulu

Jul 3, 2015, 6:46 AM

Now that just put a fat smile on my face too

Add a comment

You must log in to comment