Events

Williams gunning for gold at Pennypinchers Origin of Trails

· By Press Office · 1 comment

Reigning Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails short course champion, Amy Williams (17) of Knysna will be hoping for a successful title defense on Friday, 28 November and Saturday, 29 November 2014 when she returns to Stellenbosch to take on this much anticipated 2-Day Mountain Bike Stage Race.

ccs-62657-0-53261600-1413188509.jpg

Williams claimed two consecutive stage victories at the 2013 Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails, with an overall winning time of 05 hours 47 minutes 56 seconds. “I enjoyed the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails because it featured the most amazing single track, the race village had an awesome atmosphere and I got to connect with so many different people,” says Williams. “The route was challenging, yet exciting. The terrain would change around every corner keeping things fresh and fun, but the single track made the race for me. Nothing beats ending off a hard race with awesome single track to the finish line”.

“The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails was one of the highlights of my 2013 racing season,” continues Williams. “The trail, views across the vineyards and the awesome race village atmosphere is what attracted me to enter this year again. My goal is to defend my title, take home another overall win and of course have fun. I have one more year of racing as a junior, after that I will definitely be back to tackle the long route to see more of the stunning trails on offer at this event. With varied distances the event caters for a wide range of cyclists. It is a great opportunity for the recreational cyclist wanting to experience stage racing. What better way to end off the racing season than riding the trails of Stellenbosch”.

Event Information:

The Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is an individual two day mountain bike stage race that combines a vast network of world class trails with beauty and exclusivity. Riders are given the unique opportunity to experience a spectacular combination of single-tracks that have been previously unknown to the mountain biking community of Stellenbosch. The goal behind the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails is to offer participants an unbelievable cycling experience, while raising funds to further trail building in Stellenbosch.

Be part of the action at this end of year mountain bike season celebration. Choose between three entry options: Long (70km and 70km), Medium (70km and 40km) or Short (40km and 40km).

Stage One: Friday, 28 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km
Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Stage Two: Saturday, 29 November 2014

Distance: +- 70km or +- 40km
Start & Finish: Stellenbosch

Entry Fees:

Option 1: Long / 70km and 70km / R900.00 per rider
Option 2: Medium / 70km and 40km / R800.00 per rider
Option 3: Short / 40km and 40km / R700.00 per rider

Twitter: @OriginOfTrails / @Stillwater_MTB
Facebook page: Stillwater MTB Events

For more information on the Pennypinchers Origin Of Trails please contact Stillwater Sport & Entertainment on 086 138 3591, email entries@stillwatersports.com or visit www.stillwatersports.com.

Related posts

Comments

lesego.2

Nov 18, 2014, 6:19 PM

Good luck to all participants!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment