Promotions

ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream, a premium chamois cream created in Cape Town

· By Press Office · 35 comments

ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream is a premium chamois cream created in Cape Town, South Africa.

ccs-62657-0-42470300-1479363118.jpeg

Chris Wolhuter, brand founder of ASS MAGIC, sought to offer a product which filled a gap in the market.

“Two years ago there were entry level chamois creams and higher priced offerings. I felt that we would be able to produce a premium product, locally, but still be able to offer it to the market at an affordable price.” says Chris.

With the boom in the number of multi-day events on the cycling calendar, more cyclists than ever before are using chamois cream. We have managed to convert users of other brands across to ours. Furthermore, we have started more of an education process in getting people to start using chamois cream, when they were not before.

ccs-62657-0-01082700-1479363114.jpeg

Our aim when we started this venture was to produce the best possible offering to our client base, I certainly feel that we are well on our way to creating that and are able to continually improve the MAGIC. Secondly, we felt that ASS MAGIC should also be an affordable product and thus we targeted a retail price point of R150 a tub.

“We have also spent a lot of time listening to what our clients want, continually improving the MAGIC formulation as we have gone forward. The biggest request we have had is to make the cream thicker, which we have done through the increasing of our lanolin content and the addition of synthetic beeswax. We have kept the tea tree oil concentration consistent, which has a very distinctive scent when opening the tub. Zinc Oxide has also played an important role and has great healing properties.

The ASS MAGIC team will be at the Telkom 94.7 expo at stand 75-76 through the remainder of the week and running some great specials on the MAGIC, there will also be a range of branded apparel available.

ccs-62657-0-22758100-1479363109.jpeg

ASS MAGIC is available in over 80 cycling retailers across the county with a diverse geographic spread and through selected online stores. A full list of stores can be found on their website http://www.assmagic.co.za. ASS MAGIC can also be found internationally through Nation de Velos in Australia and Glory Cycles in the USA.

Related posts

Comments

ChUkKy

Nov 17, 2016, 7:21 AM

ASS MAGIC Chamois Cream is a premium chamois cream created in Cape Town, South Africa.

Click here to view the article

How fitting....

coppi

Nov 17, 2016, 7:55 AM

" LOVE YOUR BUM "

:w00t:  :w00t: :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t: .............. 

waveduke

Nov 17, 2016, 7:58 AM

Why would you publish the website URI before the site is finished???

Rocket-Boy

Nov 17, 2016, 8:04 AM

Why would you publish the website URI before the site is finished???

it looks like its just the products page missing.

waveduke

Nov 17, 2016, 8:09 AM

it looks like its just the products page missing.

Nope - placeholder content all over the place.

No contact phone number.

Email address does not match domain name.

Social media links not linking to respective content (or does not exist yet)

Hamstring

Nov 17, 2016, 8:11 AM

Milking cream antiseptic  500g 40 bucks 100 buck saving. 

Capricorn

Nov 17, 2016, 8:13 AM

Now available at all leading prison showers...

Spirog

Nov 17, 2016, 8:14 AM

This is the best Chamois Cream bar none. That is all...

lechatnoir

Nov 17, 2016, 8:17 AM

LOL... that domain name though.... 

site blocked by thought police...

Hamstring

Nov 17, 2016, 8:21 AM

http://www.westernshoppe.com/Images/Products/5758.jpg

Skylark

Nov 17, 2016, 9:39 AM

"there will also be a range of branded apparel available." ASS MAGIC branded apparel, LOVE YOUR BUM, no innuendo at all. Probably sell like hot cakes, hey bro check my new ASS MAGIC tee, leke hey? Think I should get an ASS MAGIC - LOVE YOUR BUM bandanna to go with it? :D :D

Skylark

Nov 17, 2016, 9:44 AM

Milking cream antiseptic  500g 40 bucks 100 buck saving. 

Probably more like a R120 savings because the ASS MAGIC is only 200ml. That being said for suckers that pay R150 for R120ml of chainlube R140 for 200ml of ASS MAGIC won't seem so bad.

Where can you get that Milking cream/balm from, I'm assuming pet stores won't stock it :P

Shebeen

Nov 17, 2016, 9:49 AM

ASS MAGIC....i have always wondered what the second option for product name was!

Probably more like a R120 savings because the ASS MAGIC is only 200ml. That being said for suckers that pay R150 for R120ml of chainlube R140 for 200ml of ASS MAGIC won't seem so bad.

Where can you get that Milking cream/balm from, I'm assuming pet stores won't stock it :P

cape agri.

Headshot

Nov 17, 2016, 9:51 AM

So many comments and disappointment at the website - you okes must be desperate to love yer bums. Long time.

Hamstring

Nov 17, 2016, 10:18 AM

i get mine from the Western shoppe, my wife rides horses as well as MTBs.

i go with her  cos horse stuff is pricey.

EmptyB

Nov 17, 2016, 11:07 AM

Did Oscar buy some for his new prison?

Plentipotential

Nov 17, 2016, 11:16 AM

Dis-chem R 47.95 500 g. Full of Lanolin, fantastic stuff.

post-3624-0-46110500-1479381219_thumb.jpg

Raemondo

Nov 17, 2016, 11:31 AM

My bum loves Ass Magic! Great stuff

Bikalot

Nov 18, 2016, 5:05 AM

Nope - placeholder content all over the place.

No contact phone number.

Email address does not match domain name.

Social media links not linking to respective content (or does not exist yet)

Hi Waveduke

Our site should have been completed but is not 100% done yet, our old site is https://assmagic.wordpress.com if you require anything else.

I have double tested the social media links and all seem to be working.

If you need anything else, please drop me a mail www.chis@88sports.co.za

Have a great day.

Thanks

Chris

Bikalot

Nov 18, 2016, 5:06 AM

This is the best Chamois Cream bar none. That is all...

Appreciate the support Spirog. Thank you

Bikalot

Nov 18, 2016, 5:07 AM

My bum loves Ass Magic! Great stuff

Thanks Raemondo, appreciate the support.

Bikalot

Nov 18, 2016, 5:16 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Milking cream is a good base cream and something we have used to experiment with when trying different formulations.

We have increased our lanolin content from what you would find in milking cream and have also added synthetic beeswax in order to make the cream somewhat thicker. We made the cream thicker based on feedback from our customers, the thicker cream has better anti-chafe properties.

We use 4 essential oils being Tea Tree, Witch Hazel, Lemon and Sweet Almond oil. Along with Zinc Oxide, this ensures that the cream is both anti-bacterial and anti fungal and if you should have a problem it does promote healing.

gtr1

Nov 18, 2016, 6:00 AM

FiT chamois cream. Half the price !! And way better :-)

gtr1

Nov 18, 2016, 6:04 AM

What property does the zinc-oxide provide. Used in sun screens ?

Add a comment

You must log in to comment