Promotions

Fat Attack: A three day fat bike event staged on pristine Eastern Cape beaches

· By Bike Hub Features · 4 comments

For those that have never experienced the beautiful Wild Coast, let’s paint a picture…

ccs-58780-0-24459000-1491144913.jpg

Imagine – no development, just the occasional rondawel. The land is owned by Nature Conservation and it is the most pristinely beautiful coastline in the world. Scattered at 30km intervals along the coast are fantastic beach hotels.

Now imagine riding a Fat Bike for 3 days from hotel to hotel on the beach. The bike’s number board just reflects your name – no race numbers and therefore no race … it is a social event of note and we have typically found the riders wanting to regroup and pose for team pics.

ccs-58780-0-08073200-1491144918.jpg

Each day is in the region of 30km, starting after breakfast at 8.30 am and getting into the hotel by lunchtime latest is the norm. The bikes are cool alloy Fat Cat Pro with 27 speeds and are the ideal beach weapon.

ccs-58780-0-18935600-1491144923.jpg

The bonus is that it is a rental and all you do is arrive and the second benefit is that you don’t destroy your bike by swimming through the salty rivers.

The group size is limited to 30 riders and is ideal for couples, families and good mates to breath in the beauty of the Wild Coast and is also the perfect way to destress.

ccs-58780-0-88100300-1491144925.jpg

The next Fat Attack event starts on 12 May from Morgan Bay, just an hour drive from East London.

Entries are limited so enter today on www.fatattack.co.za

Tags:

Comments

coppi

Apr 3, 2017, 5:54 AM

Definitely on my bucket list..................rode with my fat bike during December and it was great fun ( and hard work )

Tony datoy

Apr 4, 2017, 4:17 PM

Maybe on a rental, but never again on my own bike.

A few weeks back we rode our bikes from the Wild Coast Sun along the beach +/- 25km to Mtentu.

It cost me stripping the bike down, cleaning everything, replacing rusted bearings/ gear housing and a reassemble.

Seven river crossings not good for any bicycle, fine beach sand in everything.

Another tick on the bucket list....

deanbean

Apr 6, 2017, 4:15 PM

Wavecrest Hotel on the top pic, great Wild Coast hospitality and a great spot for halfway coffee. We'll be cycling past there soon on the way to The Haven.

Tyrone Lannister

Jun 9, 2017, 9:08 PM

@Tony mtentu is the bomb, I was lucky enough to stray that far north of my home town, fat bikes rule the shore break and I am a convert

Add a comment

You must log in to comment