Promotions

Introducing On-demand Insurance from JaSure

Supplied by JaSure

· By Press Office · 20 comments

ccs-144148-0-57587900-1587118280.png

You’ve had to pump the brakes on your favourite hobby. Are you still paying for insurance, stationary wheels and all? Enter ​JaSure​, underwritten by Santam — the on-demand insurance app. JaSure gives you the flexibility to switch on your insurance only when you need it. Saturday morning ride? Switch on and we’ve got you covered.

ccs-144148-0-74038700-1587118297.png

When it comes to talking shop for cyclists, insurance isn’t usually at the top of the list of riveting conversation starters. Personal bests. A great trail ride – yes. But, the bottom line is that cycling isn’t a cheap hobby. Factor into the equation how much you love to get into the saddle. Insuring your bicycle is just the smart thing to do. And now, you can save by only paying when you need to protect your gear.

ccs-144148-0-94287100-1587118289.png

In two minutes, sign up on the app and start adding your assets, such as your bicycle and cycling accessories. Quick and easy. Smart and mobile. It’s the way insurance should be. JaSure covers a host of your favourite things, from tech gadgets to photographic and sports equipment to camping gear and even musical instruments.

Our interactive in-app quote lets you switch on cover in an instant. If you want an indicative quick quote, we’ve got that too at quotes.jasure.com​.

ccs-144148-0-36189900-1587118316.png

And claims? Simply submit a video on the app and we’ll take it from there. Turnaround is swift and hassle-free.

Smart mobile on-demand insurance. Check. Letting you save on costs. Check. Headache free. Keeping you enjoying the hobby you love. Check. Check.

Download the JaSure app from the ​Apple App Store​ or ​Google Play Store​ and use the code BIKEHUB when you sign up to get cash back. After three months of insuring your gear with JaSure, we’ll give you an average month’s premium back. See you on the app!

Santam Limited is an authorised FSP (3416). JaSure is a juristic representative of Santam.
Tags:

Comments

Bosbrommer

Apr 24, 2020, 2:22 PM

Anyone out there that has tried the product yet that can share some comments? Or maybe already had a claim with this product, will be interesting to hear. Thanks.

Abi Schilperoort

Apr 25, 2020, 11:38 AM

If you have any questions that we can assist with, please don’t hesitate to reach out at help@jasure.com.

Forthelove

Apr 25, 2020, 7:11 PM

Is it possible to get some rates with out having to give your blood group and gene sequencing code?

Send email.

Matt

Apr 27, 2020, 6:24 AM

Is it possible to get some rates with out having to give your blood group and gene sequencing code? Send email.

They do have a quick quote generator on their site: https://quotes.jasure.com/

I've gotten quotes and insured items via the App and it was pretty painless. 

Super Sywurm

Apr 29, 2020, 6:40 PM

Well, this is way cheaper than the current premium on my bike.

Abi Schilperoort

May 4, 2020, 9:14 AM

That is great to hear! Don't forget to use the code BIKEHUB when you sign up to get cash back. After 3 months of insuring your gear with JaSure we'll give you an average month's premium back.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us on help@jasure.com

cadenceblur

May 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

this looks very interesting indeed

Zatek's Current Wife

Dec 5, 2020, 6:24 AM

Guys...you need to think twice with these guys.

I know someone who has major ssues with them.It has been over a month, and the claim is still pending, they do not you phone back and take their sweet time to file their nails and eat KFC, because the one thing they are not doing, is their jobs.These are not the kind of people you want handling a claim when you have a race coming up, as they do not care about what you actually use your bike for.

DR ◣◢

Dec 5, 2020, 6:35 AM

Seems like there is more to this than just “I know someone who”

Your post doesn’t hold much water to be honest.

Zatek

Dec 5, 2020, 7:52 AM

Jewbacca

Dec 5, 2020, 7:59 AM

Dunno if it's just them. I've been waiting on a burst geyser and resultant damage claim to be processed from early October in one of our rental units. 

I'm about to lay another claim of 150k loss of income and they don't seem to care.

This is with another well known insurance company.

I think most service providers are just rubbish these days. I seldom get any sort of urgency or awareness from anyone at the moment.

I put it down to everyone being stressed, preoccupied and just unable to adapt properly with all the changing work environments and practices needed to keep being efficient.

I try not to get annoyed as I sort of feel that everyone deserves a break right now. I don't always succeed.

I lost it yesterday then apologized. It's difficult for everyone currently. Everyone. Whether we like to acknowledge it or not

Zatek's Current Wife

Dec 5, 2020, 8:08 AM

There certainly is more to it ..but maybe I should rather not discuss this here..just a warning, use it, don't use it - your choice.

ChrisF

Dec 5, 2020, 10:01 AM

There certainly is more to it ..but maybe I should rather not discuss this here..just a warning, use it, don't use it - your choice.

I have said it on this thread, and various other threads - I will only work via a trusted broker !!!!

I have had two very bad experiences claiming against A&G, some 10 years appart.  On vehicles with 3-rd party insurance only.  

Since then, I have had two motor vehicle accident claims, both Santam as my insurer, but via an idependent broker.  One I was stationery at a red robot and rear ended.  The other claim my car was parked when somebody reversed into it.  My broker was SUPER !!!  First thing was to properly explain my options AND risks with each option.  I opted to pay the excess, have the vehicle repaired, then let them try and recover the excess ...  In both cases she followed up and followed a "no blame" route to ensure my premiums remained the same.

At the same time two friends, also with Santam, but directly, had accidents .... claims were an absolute NIGHTMARE !!!!!  The one was resolved after about three months, and a hefty premium increase.  The other dragged on for more than 18 months .... I would go off my rocker if I had to drive a damaged car for 18 months.

It is fine and dandy if you like a good fight, and have lots of time .... I am just toooooo busy to waste my time with these mindless fights.  I gladly pay my broker a fee, and avoid the stress of dealing with mindless "call operators" at these places .... The only way I got the second case at A&G resolved was that one of their staff was caught lying to me on the phone .... I informed them that I was on my way to lay a charge of "fraud" .... not even sure if that was a realistic option, but I was physically driving to the cop shop when they phoned to settle ...

As for "JaSure" .... uhm ja-NEE-dankie .... give me a real person to deal with please.

DR ◣◢

Dec 5, 2020, 10:09 AM

You had something to add?

Jewbacca

Dec 5, 2020, 1:13 PM

I have said it on this thread, and various other threads - I will only work via a trusted broker !!!!

I have had two very bad experiences claiming against A&G, some 10 years appart.  On vehicles with 3-rd party insurance only.  

Since then, I have had two motor vehicle accident claims, both Santam as my insurer, but via an idependent broker.  One I was stationery at a red robot and rear ended.  The other claim my car was parked when somebody reversed into it.  My broker was SUPER !!!  First thing was to properly explain my options AND risks with each option.  I opted to pay the excess, have the vehicle repaired, then let them try and recover the excess ...  In both cases she followed up and followed a "no blame" route to ensure my premiums remained the same.

At the same time two friends, also with Santam, but directly, had accidents .... claims were an absolute NIGHTMARE !!!!!  The one was resolved after about three months, and a hefty premium increase.  The other dragged on for more than 18 months .... I would go off my rocker if I had to drive a damaged car for 18 months.

It is fine and dandy if you like a good fight, and have lots of time .... I am just toooooo busy to waste my time with these mindless fights.  I gladly pay my broker a fee, and avoid the stress of dealing with mindless "call operators" at these places .... The only way I got the second case at A&G resolved was that one of their staff was caught lying to me on the phone .... I informed them that I was on my way to lay a charge of "fraud" .... not even sure if that was a realistic option, but I was physically driving to the cop shop when they phoned to settle ...

As for "JaSure" .... uhm ja-NEE-dankie .... give me a real person to deal with please.

Too busy commenting on Bikehub threads.......  :whistling:

FootballingCyclist

Dec 5, 2020, 2:25 PM

That is great to hear! Don't forget to use the code BIKEHUB when you sign up to get cash back. After 3 months of insuring your gear with JaSure we'll give you an average month's premium back.

I didn't know about this, Can I still get cashback?? Been with JaSure for 6months now. Pain Free
FootballingCyclist

Dec 5, 2020, 2:31 PM

I personally claimed. It was quick and painless. The whole process including payout took less than 2 weeks. Email aswell as telephonic communication was quick and frequent and never really waited for any replies. I'm happy and sticking with them.

*Note - This is not a paid post LOL

Zatek

Dec 5, 2020, 6:26 PM

I personally claimed. It was quick and painless. The whole process including payout took less than 2 weeks. Email aswell as telephonic communication was quick and frequent and never really waited for any replies. I'm happy and sticking with them.

*Note - This is not a paid post LOL

Willing to let us know what was the amount?

Below or above R30k?

FootballingCyclist

Dec 6, 2020, 2:12 PM

Willing to let us know what was the amount?

Below or above R30k?

It was 18k.

Zeffer

Nov 1, 2022, 8:00 PM

On 5/4/2020 at 11:14 AM, Abi Schilperoort said:

Got a mail today - I am to be getting cash back. Nice

Add a comment

You must log in to comment