Wattbike is an indoor bike for cyclists, accurately replicates the feel of the road, and is the number one indoor tool of training choice for gyms, health clubs and cycling studios around the world. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) sessions, endurance rides, testing and everything in between enables group riders to follow a workout and train in personalised zones.
The Tsogo Sun Wattbike Challenge will see which competing teams are the strongest, by cycling the longest distance in a set time period, set against the Montecasino Piazza backdrop. The event will boast three categories, Clubs & Teams, Corporates and Families with 3 – 5 members per team. So, bring your colleagues, fellow club members or your family and sign up today and stand a chance to win great prizes.
The Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic is celebrating it’s 30th year, on 16 October 2016 and is offering prize money of over R100 000. The race runs from Pietermaritzburg City Hall to Durban through spectacular scenery, ending at Tsogo Sun’s Suncoast on the Golden Mile.
The 2015 Race drew a record number of over 10 000 entries, and this year’s race is sure to attract and entice many South African’s to experience the thrill of the race whilst enjoying a family beach weekend away.
Sign up today and participate in The Tsogo Sun Wattbike challenge and stand a chance to win your entry to the Tsogo Sun Amashova Durban Classic.
Enter your team here.
Cycle Clubs & Cycle Teams:
11h30 -12h00 Check- in and Race Briefing
12h00 – 12h40 Cycle Club and Team Wattbike Challenge
12h45-13h15 – Check-in and Race Briefing
13h15-13h55 – Corporate Wattbike Challenge
Families & Friends:
14h00-14h30 – Check-in & Race Briefing
14h30 – 15h15 – Family & Friend Wattbike Challenge
Prize giving – 15h15
Each session will work as follows:
- Teams to check in 30 minutes before the allotted starting time. An indemnity form must be signed by each participant. Bike allocation and Race briefing will take place at this time.
- Attendance of Race Briefing is Compulsory
- Limited space is available in the piazza to set up a 3x3 m Gazebo for corporate and Race Teams. Should you wish to set up a Gazebo please contact email@example.com
- Teams must consist of 3-5 riders
- Teams may consist of male or female riders or both
- No riders under the age of 12 will be permitted to ride.
- Availability of bikes is limited to 30 per session ie 30 teams per session
- Only riders who have pre-registered and paid and submitted indemnity forms will be permitted to ride
- Riders may ride for any duration during the 40 minutes but each rider must complete a minimum of 5 minutes
- Riders may climb on the bike more than once provided all other riders in the team have ridden at least 5 minutes
- The winning team will be the team who completes the furthest distance in the allotted 40 minutes.
- The Judge’s decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into after the event.
- No refunds will be given for teams or individuals who do not arrive for the event.
- Any coverage via camera, TV or social media on the day is purely incidental and cannot be guaranteed. Penta Systems and Tsogo Sun reserves the rights to use all footage and photographic material as they deem fit.