Promotions

Saris Reveals Unmatched MP1 Trainer Platform with Nfinity Movement Technology

· By Press Office · 32 comments

Trailblazing technology that adds multi-axis movement to stationary cycling. MP1 brings the freedom of riding outside to training indoors.

Since their inception bike trainers have set out to solve one problem: simulation of outdoor riding, indoors. Major breakthroughs came with the introduction of smart trainers and indoor cycling apps, complete with virtual races, group rides and controlled workouts. Nfinity MP1 combines over 20 years of indoor training expertise to not only create the movement platform category – but to perfect it. The result is an unmatched trainer platform that reimagines the indoor trainer experience altogether.

How does it work?

Harnessing the proprietary Saris Nfinity Technology, the Saris MP1 Motion Platform provides an unparalleled way to train and move indoors.

Distilled down to a combination of mechanical ingenuity and physics of movement, the Saris MP1 with Nfinity Technology is the first and only trainer platform capable of producing a responsive and natural training experience through the addition of fore/after axis movement.

By adding some movement into indoor training, not only does enjoyment of indoor training increase, but comfort on the bike increases too. Pressure mapping and motion capture technology shows the MP1 significantly alleviates saddle and foot pressure compared to riding a static trainer.

The MP1 Nfinity really enhances the overall indoor riding experience. I don’t ever want to ride on a ‘fixed’ trainer again, quite frankly.
Hunter Allen, Founder of Peaks Coaching Group & USAC-Certified Coach

ccs-144148-0-15662500-1581942453.jpg

The movement of the MP1 also requires the rider to engage muscular groups to maintain balance, as one would do on a real ride. From engaging the upper body to get through sticky spots to activating smaller, key muscles to stay balanced, the MP1 is the only way to recruit large and small muscle groups while riding inside.

Plus, anyone can use it. Designed to be universally compatible, the Saris MP1 can be used with any brand of trainer currently on the market and every Saris trainer that’s ever been produced, complete with adjustable attachment points and well-placed grip tape.

Specifications:

• Max Fore-Aft Travel: 50 cm
  • Max Side-to-Side Angle:
  • Materials: Steel, aluminum and birch
  • Weight: 28 kg
  • Dimensions: 15,2 cm tall x 160 cm long x 90,2 cm wide
  • Compatible with all major brands and models of bike trainers
  • Fully assembled in box
  • Grip tape strategically placed to assist in walking on the trainer platform
  • Tested to the combined weight (rider, bike and trainer) of 158 kg
  • Built-in front wheel block for road and MTB

Rounding out the new Saris trainer eco-system are the TD1 Trainer Desk and H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer.

Trainer Mission Control.

Every training room needs a control center, and the TD1 is more than equipped for the job. Designed to perfectly compliment the MP1, the Saris TD1 is made of the same Baltic Birch and steel as the MP1. An integrated power-strip keeps training necessities charged and close at hand, while the desk itself is adjustable for a wide range of training stations; a dedicated control center for the training room.

ccs-144148-0-22618000-1582029798.jpg
ccs-144148-0-93864000-1582029819.jpg
ccs-144148-0-06411900-1582029839.jpg
ccs-144148-0-11299000-1582029854.jpg

TD1 Trainer Desk

Reliable. Durable. Quieter Than Ever Before.

The H3 Direct Drive Smart Trainer touts the same reliability and durability as its predecessors and is the quietest direct drive smart trainer to leave Saris’s doors. Each H3 is made from cast and machined aluminum, encasing components that are meticulously calibrated to measure power, speed and cadence, as well as a precision-balanced flywheel – all built to handle 2000 watts and replicate a 20% climbing grade.

ccs-144148-0-22787200-1582099193.jpg
ccs-144148-0-56247100-1582099199.jpg
ccs-144148-0-14271200-1582099205.jpg

H3 Direct Drive

Get in contact with Bicycle Power Trading or associated Saris dealers for more information.

Comments

Riaan H

Feb 21, 2020, 5:50 AM

The MP1 looks like a fantastic way to improve the experience of indoor training, and it's great that it's compatible with other brands of trainer. Would be interesting to see what it costs though.

shaper

Feb 21, 2020, 6:04 AM

The MP1 looks like a fantastic way to improve the experience of indoor training, and it's great that it's compatible with other brands of trainer. Would be interesting to see what it costs though.

Click on the link at the bottom of the article to take you to bicyclepower's website - R20k

Dadbod Racing

Feb 21, 2020, 6:20 AM

Sportopia Cycles in Woodstock Cape Town had a demo of these units. 

I think they having another demo Saturday 22/02/2020

RocknRolla

Feb 21, 2020, 6:23 AM

That's a lot of money for some plywood and tennis balls.....

Grey Hubs

Feb 21, 2020, 6:43 AM

When they compare the outdoor ride to the "surf board", something doesn't look right...left/right/left

SwissVan

Feb 21, 2020, 6:50 AM

Looks nice and I guess that’s going to be the trend in future... full motion IDT that is

Think I’ll stick with my old power beam for now, there are bound to be revisions and modifications initially.

DieselnDust

Feb 21, 2020, 6:57 AM

Ya I saw the demo being set up yesterday. I like the idea but R20k is too steep for my blood

Slowbee

Feb 21, 2020, 7:04 AM

Not to mention the space requirements ....

Nick

Feb 21, 2020, 7:19 AM

Sportopia Cycles in Woodstock Cape Town had a demo of these units. 

I think they having another demo Saturday 22/02/2020

The next demo is at Cafe Neo in Mouille Point on Saturday, if I'm not mistaken. But Sportopia Cycles should also be able to arrange a demo.

Duane_Bosch

Feb 21, 2020, 7:25 AM

Ya I saw the demo being set up yesterday. I like the idea but R20k is too steep for my blood

Not to mention the space requirements ....

Yeah I think the market would be pretty slim for this type of thing.

Someone with a dedicated pain cave and a large budget and is already well into the Zwift/Rouvy program.

Very nice tho.

leon_pro

Feb 21, 2020, 7:32 AM

They mentioned some combo deals, such as the H3 trainer + Platform+ mat + a few other items for  around R34k. 

I rode on it myself. Rather interesting feeling to have the bike move. It will take a few rides to get use to it. But once you use to it, it will be next level. 

aiyaaz

Feb 21, 2020, 7:33 AM

Way too expensive for a "rocker plate". Sure it has fore/aft motion, but it costs more than most high end smart trainers! Come to think of it, only the NEO2/2T and Drivo are more expensive than this advanced "rocker plate", lol. There's another company, Inside Ride, that has an interesting design for similar indoor trainer motion, at a lower price, but is restricted to Wahoo Kickr trainers at this stage. It is still a pretty penny, but in my opinion a better option than the MP1. It is unfortunately not available for order outside North America though.

http://www.insideride.com/buy/kickr-e-flex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPgTPi7mts8

https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/inside-ride-kickr-e-flex-trainer-motion-system/20469

RocknRolla

Feb 21, 2020, 7:47 AM

Internationally, the market for these things are huge. I perceive the people to spend more money on their winter paincaves due to the amount of time they spend there due to adverse weather.

Edit:

we are blessed with climate, you can go for a mid-day afternoon ride in winter that is still very pleasant.

Indoor only reserved for rain days and weekday time-restricted individuals.

Pure Savage

Feb 21, 2020, 7:57 AM

If had 40k buring a hole in my pocket, would go towards a new bike.

CJ Van

Feb 21, 2020, 8:01 AM

When last did you buy tennis balls?  They are really expensive now and you have to replace them often.

SwissVan

Feb 21, 2020, 8:55 AM

Internationally, the market for these things are huge. I perceive the people to spend more money on their winter paincaves due to the amount of time they spend there due to adverse weather.

Edit:

we are blessed with climate, you can go for a mid-day afternoon ride in winter that is still very pleasant.

Indoor only reserved for rain days and weekday time-restricted individuals.

I still like your tennis ball idea.... I’m sure someone with time on their hands could convert their current IDT into a bouncing motion type trainer quite easily.

After awhile they could change to soccer and then Pilatus size balls for balance training

DieselnDust

Feb 21, 2020, 9:20 AM

Next level would be a Smart roller......

you heard it here first

RocknRolla

Feb 21, 2020, 9:23 AM

I still like your tennis ball idea.... I’m sure someone with time on their hands could convert their current IDT into a bouncing motion type trainer quite easily.

After awhile they could change to soccer and then Pilatus size balls for balance training

The interwebs are awash with DIY rocker boards for Indoor trainers.

aiyaaz

Feb 21, 2020, 9:37 AM

you heard it here first

Seems there has been attempts at this idea:

https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/hands-on-elite-nero-smart-rollers-review-9380

http://www.insideride.com/buy/emotion-h

Duane_Bosch

Feb 21, 2020, 9:41 AM

you heard it here first

Elite have brought one to market already.

The rocker plate seems like a cheaper alternative to me if you factor in medical bills tho.

SwissVan

Feb 21, 2020, 9:41 AM

The interwebs are awash with DIY rocker boards for Indoor trainers.

Ha seriously?

Clearly my IDT imagination is limited

Will google it thanks

aiyaaz

Feb 21, 2020, 9:46 AM

Ha seriously?

Clearly my IDT imagination is limited

Will google it thanks

This thread covers a lot of the DIY ideas, with the author supposedly a rocker plate pioneer:

https://forum.trainerroad.com/t/rocker-plates-for-trainers/1981

Veebee

Feb 21, 2020, 11:41 AM

R40k towards a new bike is a much better idea... While indoor training is growing, these guys are just putting more focus on making money with all these gadgets

BigDL

Feb 21, 2020, 11:50 AM

Lots of Zwifters seem to be indoor only cyclists, so maybe this would apply for them. I can't justify £1000 for something like this, so will just keep on without it. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment