Promotions

The winner of the Columbia Sportswear #RideWithRiaan competition announced

· By Press Office · 4 comments

Saturday morning at Meerendal Wine Farm saw five excited individuals waiting to meet Riaan Manser and find out who would be selected to ride with him at the upcoming Absa Cape Epic.

https://www.facebook.com/columbiasouthafrica/videos/vb.415613311865964/1316565535104066/?type=3&theater

The top five finalists included Guy McKechnie, Denzyl O’Donoghue, Deon Kretschnar, Juan Pearson and Katie Lennard. After introductions at breakfast, they shared their #TestedTough stories and told us a little bit about themselves. Each rider brought something unique and epic to the table and all of them showed their commitment to the sport as they garnered support on social media from their communities in the days leading up to the final selection!

But only one of them could be chosen to partner with Riaan and take on the untamed Absa Cape Epic this weekend. After a full fitness test by a biokineticist, a one-on-one chat with Vasti and Riaan and of course – a group ride together, the final winner was decided on. Congratulations to Denzyl O’Donoghue! Your spirit and your story prove you are certainly #TestedTough to join Riaan on this adventure!

Thank you so much to our finalists and everyone who entered for joining us on this experience! Look out for the full stories of all 5 finalists coming to your news feeds soon!

Related posts

Comments

rock

Mar 13, 2017, 1:23 PM

like an episode of the bachelor

Jewbacca

Mar 13, 2017, 2:45 PM

like an episode of the bachelor

Yeah yeah.... It was a rally cool day and Denzyl is an exceptional man. As one of the 5 I am so super stoked he won. I was gunning for him after he spoke and wondered if I still had to go through the rest of the day!

Bleak I am not riding the Epic, but super stoked to see such an awesome development in this story unfold.

deonkretch

Mar 13, 2017, 5:12 PM

Yeah yeah.... It was a rally cool day and Denzyl is an exceptional man. As one of the 5 I am so super stoked he won. I was gunning for him after he spoke and wondered if I still had to go through the rest of the day!

Bleak I am not riding the Epic, but super stoked to see such an awesome development in this story unfold.

+1 

Schmorglebot

Mar 14, 2017, 2:51 PM

Man, I really want to hear these #testedtough stories now!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment