Promotions

Thule Paramount Commuter Backpack for urban explorers

Supplied by Thule SA

· By Bike Hub Features · 22 comments

Cycling to work is one of the best ways to start the day, especially now that summer has arrived. You get a fresh breath of air and some healthy exercise – not to mention that it is often a very economical alternative.

Small-Thule_Paramount_LS_Malmo_210419_1874.jpg

Thule biking backpacks are the ideal solution for storing all your gear and have been designed to meet the needs of urban wanderers and city adventurers. Commutes by bike require light bags with good packing capabilities, especially for electronic devices.

Small-Thule_Paramount_Commuter_BP_TCBP127_Black_FS_01a_3204731.jpg

The Thule Paramount Commuter Backpack is a new addition to the Thule Paramount collection, a series of innovative, smart carry- solutions for everyday adventures.

The new biking backpack collection is stylish and easy to use on daily adventures in the city and aims to provide comfort, convenience and safety on the bike with all-day capacity. The series is optimised to be easy to pack and will keep your mobile, laptop or tablet safe.

Large-Thule_Paramount_Commuter_BP_TCBP127_Black_FS_03bb_3204731.jpg

Thule Paramount Commuter 27L Backpack :

• Waterproof materials and coated zippers provide reliable weather protection
  • Integrated rain cover with stylish, all-over reflective coating offers full rain protection in severe weather and exceptional visibility in low-light conditions
  • Access your phone easily from dedicated pocket while in riding position
  • Floating laptop sleeve fits comfortably on back while in natural riding position, holding up to 16″ laptop
  • Front expansion pocket holds helmet while off the bike or a jacket or extra pair of shoes while riding
  • Magnetic flap protects quick access pocket for convenient access to essentials during quick stops during or after commute
  • 27L storage space is ideal for the wide range of contents a bicycle commuter needs – whether a change of clothes, a jacket, lunch or a few groceries on the way home
  • Large side pocket holds a water bottle or insulated container securely while riding or walking
  • Integration of shoulder strap shape and sternum strap position enhance stability while riding, improving safety, comfort and convenience without the need for a hip belt
  • Ventilated back panel and shoulder straps stay comfortable on warm days

Large-Thule_Paramount_Commuter_BP_TCBP127_Olivine_FS_02_3204732 copy.jpg

Large-Thule_Paramount_LS_Malmo_210419_0006.jpg

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

BaGearA

Jan 26, 2022, 4:15 PM

R4 ,999.00 for everyone wondering 

Steady Spin

Jan 26, 2022, 4:32 PM

16 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

woooof that is ruffff

R5k buys a lot of other bags that do the job just as well. 

DIPSLICK

Jan 26, 2022, 4:40 PM

It will have a few Thule groupies super excited so it has A market, for my commutes Monday I just take 3 sets of clothes, I have a small backpack if I HAVE to take anything extra, it’s so simple I’m sure bike jackers will feel sorry for me as I’m on steel and old clothes and I have pepper spray Velcro to my strap

BaGearA

Jan 26, 2022, 4:40 PM

10 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

woooof that is ruffff

R5k buys a lot of other bags that do the job just as well. 

5k even buys alot of THULE bags that do the job just as well ...

BigDL

Jan 26, 2022, 4:44 PM

5k for a bag. Ive used a £20 decathlon backpack for years for commuting, does the Job

jcza

Jan 26, 2022, 4:47 PM

WANT !!

DIPSLICK

Jan 26, 2022, 4:53 PM

5 minutes ago, jcza said:

WANT !!

Brand whore

ChrisF

Jan 26, 2022, 5:15 PM

Think my Thule bag, for the ebike battery, cost less than half of this bag ....

There is NO comparison between a "normal" backpack and the Thule though. :thumbup:

5km commute with a normal backpack and the sweat is running down my back.  6 hours with the Thule and none of this.

now where is my popcorn

jcza

Jan 26, 2022, 5:36 PM

43 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Brand whore

Loyal customer 

MORNE

Jan 26, 2022, 5:59 PM

1 hour ago, DIPSLICK said:

Brand whore

Hypocrite

(what phone do you have? What jeans do you buy? Do you drink coke or cola? What bike do you have? Lol)

👀

😅

Steady Spin

Jan 26, 2022, 6:03 PM

47 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Think my Thule bag, for the ebike battery, cost less than half of this bag ....

There is NO comparison between a "normal" backpack and the Thule though. :thumbup:

5km commute with a normal backpack and the sweat is running down my back.  6 hours with the Thule and none of this.

now where is my popcorn

Have you tried North Face or Lowepro?

ChrisF

Jan 26, 2022, 7:00 PM

54 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Have you tried North Face or Lowepro?

Couple of LowePro camera bags.  Actually looked at these first .... ORMS is accross our office.

Dont know the North Face bags.

The battery is very long !!!  Was a pain to find a bag that was long enough.  In the whole Thule range only 2 bags were long enough.

DIPSLICK

Jan 26, 2022, 7:55 PM

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Hypocrite

(what phone do you have? What jeans do you buy? Do you drink coke or cola? What bike do you have? Lol)

👀

😅

Never wear long pants, unless someone close dies

nokia 1610 smart criminals don’t use smart phones

a very old steel rigid

2 of those are true🤣🤣

OVERDRIVE

Jan 26, 2022, 8:04 PM

I'm a Thule fan boy. Let me not speak

Shebeen

Jan 27, 2022, 7:57 AM

15 hours ago, BaGearA said:

bliksem.

but if I look at the international pricing, it's $179. at today's exchange rate thats R2.7k

So if you really want this item, you know what to do. I'm sure it's really nice.

splat

Jan 27, 2022, 12:48 PM

20 hours ago, BaGearA said:

https://thulestore.co.za/thule-paramount-backpack-27l-3148

Online Exclusive price of R3200.00
That's a lot better than R5k, but still a lot of money for a fancy backpack...

sirmoun10goat

Jan 27, 2022, 7:21 PM

SA is probably not the best target for that bag - the waterproof materials, zips, etc drive prices up significantly. Living in Vancouver where it rains persistently from October to March, and where many people commute for at least an hour one way in the rain, I'm sure they will invest in that.

I have an CAD$800 rain coat (shell as they call it here) - I can go through a car wash in that or a JHB thunderstorm and it will not let water in. And $800 is fairly reasonable here for that kind of gear

OVERDRIVE

Jan 27, 2022, 7:22 PM

Just now, sirmoun10goat said:

SA is probably not the best target for that bag - the waterproof materials, zips, etc drive prices up significantly. Living in Vancouver where it rains persistently from October to March, and where many people commute for at least an hour one way in the rain, I'm sure they will invest in that.

I have an CAD$800 rain coat (shell as they call it here) - I can go through a car wash in that or a JHB thunderstorm and it will not let water in. And $800 is fairly reasonable here for that kind of gear

$800=reasonable. Will i ever travel 🥶

sirmoun10goat

Jan 27, 2022, 7:33 PM

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

$800=reasonable. Will i ever travel 🥶

There are cheaper items that I feel work almost as well. But there are things to lookout for. Goretex is one of them - you know you paying a bucket load of &%$# for that. Then other things start to factor in, such as number of pockets - the waterprooft zippers are expensive, so more pockets makes it more expensive. The leakiest part of items is the seams, so the treatment around the seams is another thing to look out for.

Shebeen

Jan 28, 2022, 11:39 AM

22 hours ago, splat said:

https://thulestore.co.za/thule-paramount-backpack-27l-3148

Online Exclusive price of R3200.00
That's a lot better than R5k, but still a lot of money for a fancy backpack...

different product. this article is the commuter version

https://thulestore.co.za/thule-paramount-commuter-backpack-27l-3834

Headshot

Jan 31, 2022, 8:14 AM

Thule back pack is probably a magnet for muggers - imagine R5k bag with a 25k laptop, R2k coffee press and keys to a Jimny in there.

BaGearA

Jan 31, 2022, 8:22 AM

7 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Thule back pack is probably a magnet for muggers - imagine R5k bag with a 25k laptop, R2k coffee press and keys to a Jimny in there.

the amount of stereotypes in that post 😂😂😂😂👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Add a comment

You must log in to comment