Promotions

VOTE: Ride-Like-A-Pro at the Old Mutual joBerg2c with Avis Van Rental

· By Press Office · 23 comments

If you think you’ve got what it takes to Ride The Beloved Country in the 2018 Old Mutual joBerg2c, Avis Van Rental is giving away one team entry to a deserving duo, to Ride-Like-A-Pro.

Update: The finalists have been announced. Public voting to choose the overall winner runs from 24-31 January 2017. Find out more at the bottom of this article.

ccs-62657-0-21933000-1511771614.jpg

The Old Mutual joBerg2c is a 9 day, 900km mountain bike stage race, from city to sea, through private farms and remote lands across four provinces of South Africa. Known for its incredible route through the most majestic scenery, The Old Mutual joBerg2c is a ride where the destination is less important than the journey. The variation and beauty of the landscape and the hospitality of the communities along the way make this event unique and unforgettable.

Avis Van Rental is once again sponsoring the logistics of the event, ensuring your bags and belongings and beds move from race village to race village so that you can worry about the climbs and descents and enjoy the ride.

Tell us why you deserve to Ride-Like-A-Pro with Avis Van Rental at the 2018 Old Mutual joBerg2c?

If you’d like to stand a chance to win this experience, tell us why you deserve to Ride-Like-A-Pro with Avis Van Rental at the 2018 Old Mutual joBerg2c in a short video clip (no more than 2 minutes). Upload your entry on the competition page by 19 January 2018.

The prize:

• 1 x team entry for two people to the Old Mutual joBerg2c 2018, taking place from 20-28 April 2018 (Value R41,580)
  • 3 sets of Avis Van Rental kit per team member consisting of professional bib shorts and jerseys (Value R18,000) – teams must ride in the AVRT kit
  • A luxury Avis Safari Rental double cab and a personal driver for the duration of the event which will be driven and set up for the team at each race village (Value R19,800)
  • We will also provide accommodation in Johannesburg (Courtyard in Rosebank or similar) the night before the event, if the winners are from outside Johannesburg.

To find out more about the Old Mutual joBerg2c visit the website here: joberg2c.co.za

Finalists

Voting is open from 24-31 January 2018. The overall winner will be announced on 2 February 2018.

Special offer to all entrants

As Avis Van Rental, we were impressed with the effort that you made with your entries. Thank you for each entry submitted! If you’re not through to the Top 5, we’d like to offer you a 20% discount on your 2018 entry, courtesy of Avis Van Rental
Avis Van Rental
Tags:

Comments

Headshot

Nov 29, 2017, 9:28 AM

Could you throw in a couple of marathon bikes on loan for the event too please ;-)

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 29, 2017, 10:28 AM

8.4 Be fit and skilled enough to complete the j2c race. 

I have to start training now then! 

Shebeen

Nov 29, 2017, 1:08 PM

Of the 5 finalists the public will have an opportunity to vote for their favourite from 24 - 31 January 2018

oh crap, it's another vote begging contest!

Why can't the judges just pick the best entry?!

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 29, 2017, 1:28 PM

I suppose Ride-Like-A-Pro is all about marketing and product placement. That being said, I will have girls in bikinis in my video! 

Shebeen

Dec 18, 2017, 3:15 PM

not going to comment, as am planning on maybe gooing some wicked video action on my nokia 3210 and DJ Hi Tek can do some awesome video editing skills on his pentium for us. 

but ja, check this one!

http://ridelikeapro.bikehub.co.za/contest/2/entry/4

dirtypot

Dec 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

Setting the bar high! 

Shebeen

Dec 19, 2017, 1:40 PM

Setting the bar high! 

not entirely sure if the oke was serious, or taking the p155?!

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 16, 2018, 2:43 PM

Entry submitted  :thumbup:

Matt

Jan 24, 2018, 7:53 AM

Hi all,

The five finalists have been announced...

Check out the entries and cast your vote.

Shebeen

Jan 24, 2018, 8:43 AM

Hi all,

The five finalists have been announced...

Check out the entries and cast your vote.

well done to all the finalists,

any of them regular hubbers?

who has the highest post count?!

Shebeen

Jan 24, 2018, 8:44 AM

Entry submitted  :thumbup:

guessing your surname is Zermatten?

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 24, 2018, 8:56 AM

guessing your surname is Zermatten?

:ph34r:

Shebeen

Jan 24, 2018, 8:59 AM

I liked this one the most!

http://ridelikeapro.bikehub.co.za/contest/2/entry/20

drum

Jan 24, 2018, 2:07 PM

Thanks Iwan - please vote for it!

The free radical

Jan 25, 2018, 7:39 AM

well done to all the finalists,

any of them regular hubbers?

who has the highest post count?!

Thanks so much! I'm not the biggest poster but I have been a regular seller/buyer and reader of the Hub for 5 years +

Please help make my dream become a reality!

http://ridelikeapro.bikehub.co.za/contest/2/entry/27

Wannabe

Jan 25, 2018, 8:50 AM

I did not manage to get my entry ready in time, so I missed out big time. :( :thumbdown:  

Did the J2C in 2016, was the biggest adventure of my life, and the best 9 days on a bike, ever.... If I could, I would do it again, in a flash. 

PhilipV

Jan 25, 2018, 11:01 AM

:ph34r:

Lekker Dieter!

You have my vote.

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 25, 2018, 7:11 PM

Lekker Dieter!

You have my vote.

Much appreciated thank you!!!!

Shebeen

Jan 26, 2018, 7:16 AM

i might be a little slow here, but

how do you actually vote?

i can't see anywhere to click

Matt

Jan 26, 2018, 8:46 AM

i might be a little slow here, but

how do you actually vote?

i can't see anywhere to click

You should see a "Vote Now" button below each finalists video. Click on that on the relevant video to cast your vote.

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 10.44.53.png

Matt

Jan 31, 2018, 10:30 AM

Just a few hours left until voting closes (tonight at midnight). 

So far it's a neck and neck race between two finalists with a clear lead on the rest.

If you haven't already cast your vote now.

Uni

Jan 31, 2018, 12:52 PM

i voted based purely on who made me chuckle and I was able to watch their entire vid. Good luck ppl. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment