Promotions

VOTING LIVE: Vote for the Photo of the Month winner

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 14 comments

We’ve had some great entries on the maiden month of our Photo of the Day competition where the monthly winner will receive a GoPro. Now it’s up to you guys to decide who gets the GoPro Hero each month.

ccs-41808-0-29075000-1393417141.jpg

A lot of Hubbers have queried about how the Photos of the Day are chosen. For pure logistic reasons we choose the day’s entries. It would be a bit of a mess to have all of you guys deciding which is best. However, for the Photo of the Month, where the winner receives a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition, we’re leaving it up to you guys to choose.

We’ve also revised the rules a bit. So instead of photos being chosen out of what has been submitted from that month, all the photos submitted in total will be eligible. So even if your photo has not been chosen this month, it still has the chance of being chosen another month. Many of you guys have submitted a number of great photos and instead of you having to submit them every month or missing out on a chance for them to be Photo of the Day, we will choose from the whole lot of submitted photos.

Here’s how the voting will work:

Starting from Friday 28 February, you can go and vote for your top three photos this month for Photo of the Month. You can only vote once, but you will have to choose your top three photos. This is to ensure that there is fair competition to a degree, as you will undoubtably choose your friend’s photo, but also have to choose two others that you actually like. At the end, the photo with the most votes will win a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition.

Cast your vote here

Related posts

Comments

SwissVan

Feb 26, 2014, 12:43 PM

Where do we see / vote for the photo of the day / month photo's?

SwissVan

Feb 26, 2014, 12:54 PM

Was looking amongst the Forums, how silly of me

Its not inside....its on TOP!!!

post-182-0-48874400-1393419257_thumb.png

Claudio

Feb 26, 2014, 12:56 PM

The voting page will be live on Friday. In the meantime you can see the Photos of the Day from this past month so far here: https://www.bikehub.co.za/gallery/category/11-photo-of-the-day/

Matt

Feb 28, 2014, 9:59 AM

Hi all,

The voting page is up!

Take a look though all the selections for Feb and cast your votes here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/136775-feb-2014-vote-for-your-photo-of-the-month/

Stretch

Feb 28, 2014, 10:03 AM

I am missing something...do you win by voting or do we vote for the winner?

a lot of those photos are from professionals and/or extracted from websites...or am i mistaken?

Matt

Feb 28, 2014, 10:14 AM

I am missing something...do you win by voting or do we vote for the winner?

a lot of those photos are from professionals and/or extracted from websites...or am i mistaken?

It is outlined on the voting page, but you vote for the winner.

Some of the photos are from professionals and some from amateurs, but all MUST be submitted by the original photographer. So you you can't simply pull something from the web and submit it as your own. We do cross check submissions.

Iwan Kemp

Feb 28, 2014, 12:30 PM

Cool pics!

Iwan Kemp

Mar 3, 2014, 11:36 AM

It is outlined on the voting page, but you vote for the winner.

Some of the photos are from professionals and some from amateurs, but all MUST be submitted by the original photographer. So you you can't simply pull something from the web and submit it as your own. We do cross check submissions.

When will you announce I've won? :ph34r:

Matt

Mar 12, 2014, 1:39 PM

Hi Hubbers,

It's time to announce the first winner in our Photo of the Day competition.

With 11.8% (71 votes) February's winner of the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition is...

18 February 2014: Enthusiasm has no bounds

By KathFgallery_31055_11_122454.jpg

2nd) 24 February 2014: School Holiday stunts: Week 3, attempt 26: 8.7% (52 votes)

3rd) 04 February 2014: Done and dusted: 7.3% (44 votes)

A note on voting issues

Following some issues with suspicious jumps in vote numbers on Friday and subsequent investigations we took the decision to disqualify all votes received on Friday.

While we were unable to link the multiple votes received to any specific entrant, it was clear that multiple accounts had been created over a short space of time using disposable email addresses purely to cast votes.

Although, in this instance this did not change the end result, we will be taking preventative measures to ensure the voting process more robust going forward.

Super Sywurm

Mar 12, 2014, 1:41 PM

Ai tog! :thumbdown: :mellow:

Hairy

Mar 12, 2014, 1:42 PM

Hi Hubbers,

It's time to announce the first winner in our Photo of the Day competition.

With 11.8% (71 votes) February's winner of the GoPro Hero 3+ Silver Edition is...

18 February 2014: Enthusiasm has no bounds

By KathFgallery_31055_11_122454.jpg

2nd) 24 February 2014: School Holiday stunts: Week 3, attempt 26: 8.7% (52 votes)

3rd) 04 February 2014: Done and dusted: 7.3% (44 votes)

A note on voting issues

Following some issues with suspicious jumps in vote numbers on Friday and subsequent investigations we took the decision to disqualify all votes received on Friday.

While we were unable to link the multiple votes received to any specific entrant, it was clear that multiple accounts had been created over a short space of time using disposable email addresses purely to cast votes.

Although, in this instance this did not change the end result, we will be taking preventative measures to ensure the voting process more robust going forward.

Rather Scaly that someone would actually do something as dodgy as that,

The Smoovf

Mar 12, 2014, 2:03 PM

I will admit that I am biased as my friend was in close running for the GoPro. Its sad that when we left work on Thursday he was neck and neck with the winner mentioned above. Then within 12 hours the winner was ahead by 40 - 60 votes? The serious cheating then followed thereafter.

Admin could shurely check who has received votes from new hub members to ensure more fair practice.

Rant off.

Matt

Mar 12, 2014, 2:12 PM

I will admit that I am biased as my friend was in close running for the GoPro. Its sad that when we left work on Thursday he was neck and neck with the winner mentioned above. Then within 12 hours the winner was ahead by 40 - 60 votes? The serious cheating then followed thereafter.

Admin could shurely check who has received votes from new hub members to ensure more fair practice.

Rant off.

This is why we discounted votes from Friday altogether. There were many new registrations on Friday purely to vote for friends in the competition.

Going forward we'll revise the voting criteria to avoid these issues and ensure fair practice like you say.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment