Promotions

Win Wines2Whales entries with Food Lover’s Market

· By Press Office · 31 comments

If you’re up for a challenge, Food Lover’s Market have got three entries up for grabs plus plenty of awesome spot prizes for just participating!

Food Lover’s Market is the official food sponsor of the FNB Wines2Whales. Not only will we be making sure that all the riders are fuelled up on the most delicious and nutritious food, but we will also be giving other MTB enthusiasts the chance to ride their way into a 2015 W2W team entry!

ccs-2-0-57505200-1442205726.jpg

Show us that you’ve got the chops to handle one of SA’s most exciting MTB stage races! All you need to do is log in through STRAVA and get training!

Competition dates: Monday, 14th September 2015 – Monday, 5th October 2015
Only cycling activities logged during these dates will be included

We have 3 different categories and a team entry up for grabs in each category:

1. Distance covered – clock up as many kilometres on your bike as humanely possible! You can use a road bike, but just remember there are no road bikes at W2W so train on the right bike!
  2. Calories burnt – Burn at least 3000 calories over the 3 weeks to qualify for this lucky draw category. Remember to eat a healthy balanced diet in conjunction with your training. There will be no power in your legs if you haven’t fuelled up first!
  3. Hours on bike – rack up those hours! You may not be the fastest or the lightest, but perseverance and determination will win this category!

Enter now and start training

Weekly Spot Prizes

Each week we’ve got 3 x R1000 Food Lover’s Market vouchers up for grabs. Anyone who has signed up on www.lovethebike.com using their Strava account is eligible for these lucky draws.

Week 1 Winners:

• Johannes Meyer
  • Chris Knight
  • Andreas Pyper

Week 2 Winners:

• Albert Retief
  • Marcus Marinus
  • Candice Doyle

Week 3 Winners:

• Rebecca Sands
  • Sebastian Dockter
  • Sheldon Brown

Related posts

Comments

Shebeen

Sep 14, 2015, 11:57 AM

and if someone is top of #1 and #3 concurrently?

(won't be me)

dirtypot

Sep 14, 2015, 11:59 AM

and if someone is top of #1 and #3 concurrently?

(won't be me)

Number 3 is a lucky draw...

But otherwise - read the rules!

5. What happens if a person wins more than one category?

In the event of someone winning more than one category the prize will go to the next eligible competitor that is closest in either category measured by the percentage of the category winner's result within each category.

dirtypot

Sep 14, 2015, 11:59 AM

Now stop talking on this thread.  The fewer people that know about it, the better for me  :ph34r:

cat-i

Sep 14, 2015, 5:45 PM

Awwwww the app won't sync with my strava :( 

ErrorException (E_NOTICE)
HELP

Trying to get property of non-object

2. /*
  3. * Take Strava Activity Data and 'handle' it.
  4. * Note that the object passed in is expected to be returned
  5. * from the Strava API. It isn't supposed to be an instance of Activity!
  6. */
  7. public static function handleData($a) {
  8. $activity = Activity::find($a->id);
cat-i

Sep 14, 2015, 6:25 PM

Awwwww the app won't sync with my strava :(

ErrorException (E_NOTICE)

Both on Chrome and on Microsoft's Edge. Activities checked and not private. Clicking on the link to my profile links through to Srtava, so it did pick up the profile ... not destined to win (this time) ,,,

Fauret

Sep 14, 2015, 8:05 PM

Same problem here

lerouc

Sep 15, 2015, 4:38 AM

i got in but i saw the likes on fb was already over 500 yesterday afternoon, the only chance i have is the lucky draw price for the calories one. and that is also started to look slim.

Matt

Sep 15, 2015, 5:45 AM

Hi all,

Apologies for any errors received. We seem to be maxing out Strava's request limits for 3rd party applications. They only allow 600 requests per 15 minute interval which we've been maxing out with the response.

We've made a few changes to lower the frequency of requests sent to Strava which should ease the congestion. 

For the time being we've also disabled the manual "Update my profile" and "Update my activities" buttons. Your activities and any profile changes will be synced to the app periodically.

If you've had issues syncing activities it should now be displaying them, but please let me know if you still have any issues.

Matt
cat-i

Sep 15, 2015, 5:53 AM

Yaaaay thank you for the quick response Admin!! x

Shebeen

Sep 15, 2015, 8:47 AM

Number 3 is a lucky draw...

But otherwise - read the rules!

5. What happens if a person wins more than one category?

In the event of someone winning more than one category the prize will go to the next eligible competitor that is closest in either category measured by the percentage of the category winner's result within each category.

gotcha! although i think #2 is the lucky draw.

now time to go get me some digital epo.

NotSoBigBen

Sep 18, 2015, 5:30 AM

Blimmin heck .... I always knew that most km's is a toughie and would be 'skewed' towards those training/racing road bikes but man 8 rides in 4 days (OK so I assume some are commuting) and 13 hours?

Guess my paltry effort may not reward me with much  :blush:

lerouc

Sep 18, 2015, 6:05 AM

Blimmin heck .... I always knew that most km's is a toughie and would be 'skewed' towards those training/racing road bikes but man 8 rides in 4 days (OK so I assume some are commuting) and 13 hours?

Guess my paltry effort may not reward me with much  :blush:

Yeah im just their for the 1000000 in 1 chance of getting the lucky draw one for the calories otherwise i would never get it.

Actually quite stupid as i bet you the guys winning those bike distances and hours already have entries...o well so much for the diehard weekend warriors!

hayleyearth

Sep 18, 2015, 9:29 AM

At 1st when I read the rules I thought they meant "1st in catagories" = age/race catagories (kinda thought that would have been more fair).

Unfortunatly it seems that there are people (men with house wifes :P) that can tackle this on every spare moment they have and also some that dont have jobs..haha.

Time wise I can clock max 70km a day - week day (40km road in the morning and 30km mtb in the afternoon) and if I have been doing that everyday (which I havent oviously because I will be killing my legs) this week I would have had 320km by now which isnt even good enough for 1st at this time (distance catagory)........so I give up. Maybe like most I'll be hoping for the lucky draw then -_-

bodger

Sep 18, 2015, 10:42 AM

Its about commitment really. Unfortunately if you have children, a needy wife or work long hours its not going to work out for you. 

The rest of us just haven't realised that we can actually push our limits far beyond what we thought possible.

It comes down to how much you LoveTheBike.

Lexx

Sep 18, 2015, 10:49 AM

How about some lucky draw vouchers that you can use at your local Food lovers Market for the rest of the normal Participants that doesn't win one of the 3 Entries? :whistling:  :ph34r:

bodger

Sep 18, 2015, 1:19 PM

You are in luck!

From the Ts & Cs:

"There will be a further spot prize element for all entrants who have burnt over 3000 calories, we will be giving away 9x R1000 Food Lover’s Market vouchers (three a week) over the course of the 21 day competition."

Lexx

Sep 18, 2015, 2:15 PM

Awesome!!!!!

Matt

Sep 22, 2015, 7:11 AM

Hi everyone,

Each week we've got 3 x R1000 Food Lover's Market vouchers up for grabs. Anyone who has signed up on www.lovethebike.com using their Strava account is eligible for these lucky draws.

Here are our week 1 winners:

• Johannes Meyer
  • Chris Knight
  • Andreas Pyper

If you're eyeing the big prize of one of the 3 Wines2Whales entries remember that one of the them is based on a lucky draw for all entrants burning at least 3000 calories over the competition period.

Good luck! 

Sidekick Racer

Sep 22, 2015, 8:07 AM

Should include running and swimming sessions ;)

dirtypot

Sep 22, 2015, 8:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Each week we've got 3 x R1000 Food Lover's Market vouchers up for grabs. Anyone who has signed up on www.lovethebike.com using their Strava account is eligible for these lucky draws.

• Johannes Meyer
  • Chris Knight
  • Andreas Pyper

If you're eyeing the big prize of one of the 3 Wines2Whales entries remember that one of the them is based on a lucky draw for all entrants burning at least 3000 calories over the competition period.

Good luck! 

Wait wait wait!!!  I see my name on that list, but I've not heard anything from anyone about it?  Is there someone else with my name? 

If I win a weekly spot prize, can I still win one of the main prizes?

Meezo

Sep 22, 2015, 9:02 AM

Should include running and swimming sessions ;)

Rule #42

A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

If it’s preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run, it is not called a bike race, it is called duathlon or a triathlon. Neither of which is a bike race. Also keep in mind that one should only swim in order to prevent drowning, and should only run if being chased. And even then, one should only run fast enough to prevent capture.

http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

skollie

Sep 22, 2015, 11:58 AM

Fantasties, da wen Skollie ook 'n ding. Nou moet ek net 'n Food Lovers Market vind.

Dankie vir die prys FLM!!

Hi everyone,

• Johannes Meyer
  • Chris Knight
  • Andreas Pyper

Good luck! 

Matt

Sep 28, 2015, 12:07 PM

Hi Hubbers,

Here are our week 2 lucky draw winners who each win a R1000 Food Lover's Market voucher.

Week 2 Winners:

• Albert Retief
  • Marcus Marinus
  • Candice Doyle

​Each week we've got 3 x R1000 Food Lover's Market vouchers up for grabs. Anyone who has signed up on www.lovethebike.com using their Strava account is eligible for these lucky draws.

Well done to the winner and all those who've been racking up the stats in the main competition! 

Matt

Oct 2, 2015, 12:18 PM

Hi Hubbers,

A final call to all those who've entered and those who haven't... you've got under 3 days left of Love The Bike 2015. Enter here: http://www.lovethebike.com/

Don't forget the Calories prize will be awarded based on a lucky draw for all those who've burned 3000 or more calories in the duration.

Good luck and enjoy the weekend riding!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment