Tech

All New Dropper Post Lever from cSixx

· By Bike Hub Features · 33 comments

When you are slapping the saddle down almost as often as changing gears, you want to ensure that you have a sharp actuation with no hesitation or doubt in your mind that it won’t lower out of the way.

main.jpg

The folks down at cSixx have tried and tested almost all the levers on the market, integrating what they liked into theirs and found solutions to issues that they had with others.

Their main areas of focus were primarily the lever feel and secondly ease of use/fitment.

H1.jpg

V1.jpg
V2.jpg

Cable Routing:
Intuitive cable routing for ease if installation.

Responsive Feel:
Designed to eliminate cable slack and ensure direct actuation

Material & Hardware:
CNC machined aluminium construction with an oversized pivot bearing adds a combination of rigidity and a smooth feel to your ride.

Barrel Adjuster:
Fine-tune to achieve your desired actuation point.

Construction:
A CNC machined Body and Lever are attached together with a MAX Bearing and XL Chainring bolt. They have added an Extra Long adjustment screw to take up any slack, even if installed badly at the bottom of the post. This allows you to fine-tune the bite point and keep it there with the double locking mechanism. There is a cable guide that allows for super easy installation and hides the end neatly, out of sight behind the lever.

Mounting Options:
Can be mounted to SRAM Matchmaker or our optional bar clamp.

They designed the body to be SRAM Matchmaker compatible as it is the most versatile standard. Additionally, they have made a bar clamp for riders not running SRAM brakes. These 2 mounting options should allow anyone to fit their lever to their bars. cSixx will be making adapters later down the line for all types of other brakes on the market like Shimano, Magura, Hope, and others. These will get made in priority of the number of requests they get – so drop them a message.

All will be cross-compatible and the only item you will need to purchase is a small adapter.

• SRAM Matchmaker: Retail – R 999
  • Clamp: Retail – R 1,125

Check out the product here on the cSixx website.
V3.jpg
V4.jpg

Comments

Steady Spin

May 24, 2022, 9:04 AM

I wish they would stop over branding their products. 

Ozzie NL

May 24, 2022, 9:12 AM

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I wish they would stop over branding their products. 

You mean too much visible branding?  Does not seem more excessive than any other brand or am I missing something?

Thermophage

May 24, 2022, 9:36 AM

23 minutes ago, Ossie NL said:

You mean too much visible branding?  Does not seem more excessive than any other brand or am I missing something?

In fact...the branding is TINY...I mean where else could one even put it on a lever?

Headshot

May 24, 2022, 9:38 AM

That's 1/3  the price of a Lyne dropper post with lever... ouch.

DieselnDust

May 24, 2022, 9:44 AM

I'm glad to see cSixx expanding their product portfolio but this dropper lever doesn't offer me anything my e-thirteen Vario dropper lever doesn't. I would have liked different actuation options, e.g. with the index finger as a trigger rather than a thumb lever. There's no right hand side option to work with a gripshift and Push to Lock lock lever. Its kind of a me too product without a dropper.

it looks great though so theres that

M L

May 24, 2022, 11:18 AM

When you are slapping the saddle down almost as often as changing gears, you want to ensure that you have your head on straight

Sommer gratis reggemaak.

love2fly

May 24, 2022, 12:23 PM

Looks nice and probably way cheaper than a new RS/Fox remote?

blackwing

May 24, 2022, 12:45 PM

I'd slap that onto my bike in a heartbeat. 

Lever stroke slides as smooth as a tendertrepreneur through a coal transport contract, beautiful details that are all CNC cut into the metal with precision, and nice finishing details.

If you ever pay the guys at Csixx a visit you will see that their manufacturing processes are impressive or even more so than the product itself. Hours are spent over cut path details, the feel of the actual product on the bike right down to the laser etch design. 

Before you have negative comments, maybe realize that most of us cannot even engineer a ProNutro box let alone bike parts that can be used and abused, all while that coal contract never gets delivered and the actual lights and machines go off. 

The fact that it us being produced right here in Cape Town is amazing, and the fact that it looks amazing, works well and is packaged so nicely is something even some international players wouldn't be able to achieve. Just take a look at the tacky cardboard placard your R1100 Bontrager Line Elite Dropper arrives on... 

Now go out there, and support local(and your local bike shop)!

PhilipV

May 24, 2022, 12:54 PM

Aaai, I want this on my bike, need this on my bike, but alas, I ride  a Scott. Seriously reevaluating life choices right now. 

mountainfun

May 24, 2022, 2:05 PM

Can I use this with my reverb?  I still have the old push button...

Thermophage

May 24, 2022, 2:22 PM

16 minutes ago, mountainfun said:

nope. Reverb is hydraulically actuated. This is for cable actuated (like most posts) posts.

Oodles

May 24, 2022, 2:51 PM

I'm happy with my Lyne. Is it worth the premium over the Lyne?

Screenshot_20220524-164959_Samsung Internet.jpg

droo

May 24, 2022, 2:57 PM

51 minutes ago, mountainfun said:

You can, but you'll need a Bikeyoke DeHy converter which converts the Reverb actuator to a cable type.

LazyTrailRider

May 24, 2022, 3:38 PM

Want.

droo

May 24, 2022, 4:04 PM

It's definitely not for everyone, but if the Spez lever on my bike ever throws in the towel this will most likely replace it. It's just that much more polished than the budget options, and locally manufactured as well.

Wolftooth / Bikeyoke quality for a much more reasonable price - I've never seen anything rubbish come out of that machine shop.

Danger Dassie

May 24, 2022, 4:10 PM

1 hour ago, Oodles said:

Think we’re looking at two completely different forms of fabrication and spec, the ergonomics alone are different. Csixx one also has a bearing installed.

By all means of happy with it, great. But the comparison isn’t really accurate.

BaGearA

May 24, 2022, 5:23 PM

2 hours ago, Oodles said:

These things age like milk , the csixx one atleast looks like it will give solid service until the bearing goes and thats dead east to replace

MTBRIDER1234

May 24, 2022, 5:31 PM

4 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

These things age like milk , the csixx one atleast looks like it will give solid service until the bearing goes and thats dead east to replace

My lyne lever has lasted me a year and I have friends who's levers have lasted 4 or more years. The csixx one is a step above for sure, but that is evident from price. The best dropper lever by far that I have ever felt is the xo front shfter than I removed the return spring and ratchet mehcanism from, dual bearing and smooth as butter - and it didn't cost me anything. To each their own. But definitely good work to the boys (and girls) at csixx, some cool stuff coming out of there for sure!

BaGearA

May 24, 2022, 5:43 PM

10 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

My lyne lever has lasted me a year and I have friends who's levers have lasted 4 or more years. The csixx one is a step above for sure, but that is evident from price. The best dropper lever by far that I have ever felt is the xo front shfter than I removed the return spring and ratchet mehcanism from, dual bearing and smooth as butter - and it didn't cost me anything. To each their own. But definitely good work to the boys (and girls) at csixx, some cool stuff coming out of there for sure!

Same , like exactly 

except mine is A old XTR front shifter with the guts removed ( smoooooth ) 

DieselnDust

May 24, 2022, 5:47 PM

3 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Same , like exactly 

i think I just found a purpose for my SRAM DoubleTap Flat bar shifter....

MTBRIDER1234

May 24, 2022, 6:08 PM

21 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Same , like exactly 

Some people don't like how bulky it looks, but for me function over form. The mechanical advantage and double bearings give you the smoothest feel ever. Another bonus is that the guts are sealed from the elements inside the shifter body, so bearings will last forever. I highly encourage everyone with an old/spare front shifter to try this, even if just to learn more about how a shifter works, or even just to say you did it ;)  On a sidenote, anyone know how the lyne remote compares to the bikeyoke triggy? (got to choose between them for my new bike build)

thebob

May 24, 2022, 7:42 PM

1 hour ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

Some people don't like how bulky it looks, but for me function over form. The mechanical advantage and double bearings give you the smoothest feel ever. Another bonus is that the guts are sealed from the elements inside the shifter body, so bearings will last forever. I highly encourage everyone with an old/spare front shifter to try this, even if just to learn more about how a shifter works, or even just to say you did it ;)  On a sidenote, anyone know how the lyne remote compares to the bikeyoke triggy? (got to choose between them for my new bike build)

Triggy is far superior to the Lyne remote

MTBRIDER1234

May 24, 2022, 8:00 PM

17 minutes ago, thebob said:

Triggy is far superior to the Lyne remote

Awesome, thanks. Will be using that on my bike build.

Dayle

May 26, 2022, 7:09 AM

On 5/24/2022 at 2:45 PM, blackwing said:

I'd slap that onto my bike in a heartbeat. 

Lever stroke slides as smooth as a tendertrepreneur through a coal transport contract, beautiful details that are all CNC cut into the metal with precision, and nice finishing details.

If you ever pay the guys at Csixx a visit you will see that their manufacturing processes are impressive or even more so than the product itself. Hours are spent over cut path details, the feel of the actual product on the bike right down to the laser etch design. 

Before you have negative comments, maybe realize that most of us cannot even engineer a ProNutro box let alone bike parts that can be used and abused, all while that coal contract never gets delivered and the actual lights and machines go off. 

The fact that it us being produced right here in Cape Town is amazing, and the fact that it looks amazing, works well and is packaged so nicely is something even some international players wouldn't be able to achieve. Just take a look at the tacky cardboard placard your R1100 Bontrager Line Elite Dropper arrives on... 

Now go out there, and support local(and your local bike shop)!

Could not agree more with this comment, so accurate and made me chuckle! This lever simply hits a different price point to the (our) Lyne lever and includes some extra features to match the price. Well done Csixx team, new lever looks rad!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment