Tech

Bikes of the Epic: Ariane Kleinhans’ Specialized S-Works Era

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 8 comments

This year leading lady Ariane Kleinhans is riding on the female specific Specialized Era after riding the men’s variant for some time. The key difference compared to the brother bike, the Epic, lies in the frame geometry and contact points. The Era features a lower standover height and shorter reach, said to provide a better fit for many ladies.

Much of Ariane’s bike is factory specification as you would find on the shop floor, aside from the Rotor / Power2Max crankset (a personal sponsor), SRAM Guide Ultimate brakes and, once again, the Specialized S-Works Power saddle makes an appearance among the pro bikes. The Power range of saddles are designed for high performance in terms of blood flow while in an aggressive position that supports the sit bones and is super light at just 159g for the 143mm S-Works version.

Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-1.jpg

Specification list:

• FrameSpecialized S-Works Era
  • ForkRockshox RS-1 Brain
  • ShockFox/Specialized Brain Kashima
  • RimsRoval Control SL
  • Front HubSRAM
  • Rear HubRoval Control SL
  • Front TyreSpecialized Fast Trak 2.0
  • Rainear TyreSpecialized Fast Trak 2.0
  • HandlebarsS-Works Carbon
  • StemSyntace F109 Alloy 75mm
  • HeadsetFSA
  • BrakesSRAM Guide Ultimate
  • ShiftersSRAM XX1
  • DerailleursSRAM XX1
  • CassetteSRAM XX1
  • CranksetRotor Rex
  • ChainringPower2Max power meter, Rotor 32T
  • ChainSRAM XX1
  • PedalsShimano XTR
  • SeatpostS-Works
  • SaddleS-Works Power Saddle

Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-5.jpg
Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-6.jpg
Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-2.jpg

Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-7.jpg
Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-9.jpg

Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-8.jpg
Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-3.jpg
Specialized Era S-Works Ariane Kleinhans-10.jpg

Related posts

Comments

Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Mar 19, 2016, 1:18 PM

Ooh, jeepers - that is NOT a place I'd consider for the plug-setter tool. Eina. 

GLuvsMtb

Mar 19, 2016, 3:15 PM

A solid bike with not too many surprises. The obvious draw back (all be it a small one) is that the Era can't take a water bottle on the seat tube. Its a feature that many like about the Epic.

FCH

Mar 19, 2016, 3:26 PM

Weird pink thing ..... On her seat tube.

GLuvsMtb

Mar 19, 2016, 3:35 PM

Weird pink thing ..... On her seat tube.

On the seat tube or the seat post?
FCH

Mar 19, 2016, 3:46 PM

On the seat tube or the seat post?

Rick Sanchez

Mar 20, 2016, 1:31 PM

Great looking bike

Snow

Mar 20, 2016, 6:37 PM

A solid bike with not too many surprises. The obvious draw back (all be it a small one) is that the Era can't take a water bottle on the seat tube. Its a feature that many like about the Epic.
what is the green bottle in? (Excuse my ignorance).

GLuvsMtb

Mar 20, 2016, 6:55 PM

what is the green bottle in? (Excuse my ignorance).

The Era holds 1 bottle (the green one) on the down tube. Most DS bikes do not have room for a second bottle on the frame, calling for either a seat post mounted bottle or a tri mounted bottle (on the rails of the saddle)

Excuse the bad pic, but the Epic takes 2 on the frame. post-5386-1458499879,3389.jpg

Some lady riders I know sighted this as a reason to stay with the Epic. A pro like Kleinhans will easily reach the bottle behind her on the seat post, hence my comment that its a small inconvenience.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment