The announcement of the Spark RC saw a number of changes over the previous Spark. Most noticeably was the geometry which saw the bike becoming longer and the angles slacker. The aim was to make the bike more capable on technical trails without losing any advantage in power efficiency and forward momentum. Looking at the team's and Nino's results, it is tempting to say that they might have got it right.
Scott-SRAM MTB Racing ride with RockShox suspension components. They use the new SID World Cup and the metric Deluxe shock. Both components are using a new damper that the team are calling Black Box. Despite our best attempts, the team were unwilling to reveal what the Black Box technology might be. The Scott TwinLoc remote system adjusts the fork and shock compression settings.
With SRAM as a naming sponsor, it's unsurprising that the team ride their state of the art XX1 Eagle drivetrain. Nino has opted to go with a 36 tooth chainring with a Quarq power meter. Like most pro teams, Scott-SRAM MTB Racing have opted to go with the attention-grabbing gold cassette and chain. Nino turns the cranks using a pair of Ritchey WCS v6 pedals.
The Scott-SRAM MTB Racing ride on DT Swiss wheels with Nino opting for the carbon XMC 1200 Spline set for Cape Epic. The rims have undergone a special Olympic gold medal decal treatment. Maxxis's lightweight Aspen tyres are Nino's choice for the eight days of Epic.
The cockpit features components from Scott's Syncros range which includes carbon handle bar and seatpost, stem, saddle, and grips. There are mounts for a GoPro and his Garmin bike computer and a Topeak saddle bag that contains a tube.
- FrameScott Spark RC 900 Carbon HMX SL Custom
- Rear ShockRock Shox Deluxe Black Box / 100mm
- ForkRock Shox SID World Cup Carbon / Charger Black Box Damper / Boost / 100mm
- Remote LockoutSCOTT TwinLoc
- HeadsetSyncros FL1.5 / TIB bearing
- StemSyncros XR1.5 / -17° or -25°
- HandlebarSyncros FL1.0 SL Carbon T-Bar / +/-5mm / 9° / 680mm
- GripsSyncros Foam
- SaddleSyncros XR1.0 SL Carbon
- SeatpostSyncros FL1.0 SL Carbon / 10mm seatback
- BrakesSRAM Level Ultimate
- ShifterSRAM XX1 Eagle
- Rear DerailleurSRAM XX1 Eagle
- CassetteSRAM XX1 Eagle Gold / 10-50T
- ChainSRAM XX1 Eagle Gold
- CranksetSram XX1 Carbon Eagle 175mm Q-168mm 36T
- WheelsDT Swiss XMC 1200 Spline Carbon 29”
- TyresMaxxis Aspen 2.25 x 29
- Bottle CageTopeak shuttle cage carbon
- ComputerGarmin Edge 20
- PedalsRitchey WCS v6