Tech

Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE is ready for gravel racing

· By Press Office · 33 comments

Press Release

Cannondale recently unveiled the SuperSix EVO SE. Building on the SuperSix EVO platform they dub it as “an evolved race bike ready for the rough and tumble of grass crits, mud ruts, or open gravel tracks”.

C21_SuperSix_EVO_SE_Beauty_06.jpg

Where it thrives
Paths less taken, open gravel tracks, high-speed off-road pursuits.

What it’s built for
Shaving off seconds, stability in the rough, wicked tire clearance.

C21_SuperSix_EVO_SE_Beauty_04.jpg
C21_C17102U_SuperSix_EVO_SE_CMT_D7.jpg

Key Benefits

• Sleek Speed. Proven aerodynamic tube profiles deliver more speed with less effort. Go faster, longer.
  • Swift and Sure. Short chainstays provide great grip and acceleration on loose climbs. OutFront Steering Geometry keeps you comfortably in control on even the nastiest descents.
  • Go Big. Enormous clearance lets you run tires up to 45mm wide for maximum traction, comfort, and flat resistance.

C21_SuperSix_EVO_SE_Beauty_08.jpg

Specifications

• Light, durable, fast carbon frameset with big tire clearance
  • SRAM Rival AXS wireless electronic group / Rival hydro disc brakes
  • DT Swiss CR-1600 Spline wheels with 40c tires / HollowGram KNØT carbon seatpost

Cannondale SuperSix EVO CX Specifications.png

C21_C17102U_SuperSix_EVO_SE_CMT_D3.jpg

Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE gravel road.jpg

Geometry

Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE Geometry.png

C21_SuperSix_EVO_CX_SE_01.jpg

Local Availability
The Cannondale SuperSix EVO SE is expected to arrive in South Africa around March/April 2022.

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

'Dale

Aug 26, 2021, 3:24 PM

Wonder what's the price point on that puppy - with SRAM nogal, unlike the others that come with Shimano.

DIPSLICK

Aug 26, 2021, 6:00 PM

Love cannondale, but that doesn’t shout GO out and order ME NOW, maybe they going less is more. ????????‍♂️

pietas

Aug 27, 2021, 5:34 AM

I like the colour ????

Not suitable for my style of riding but very nice bike

Spinnekop

Aug 27, 2021, 5:35 AM

14 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Wonder what's the price point on that puppy - with SRAM nogal, unlike the others that come with Shimano.

I will only buy one when it comes out with Shimano.

If it doesn't, I'll take the SRAM ???? off and burn it.

Jewbacca

Aug 27, 2021, 5:41 AM

2 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

I will only buy one when it comes out with Shimano.

If it doesn't, I'll take the SRAM **** off and burn it.

As a matter of interest, when did you last use SRAM 'road' stuff? 

I really like SRAM on the gravel bike as the brake levers only move in a linear motion, so if things are getting loose and jiggly, you can keep your finger on the trigger without worrying about shifting gears or the brake lever getting away from you.

Spinnekop

Aug 27, 2021, 5:46 AM

8 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I really like SRAM on the gravel bike as the brake levers only move in a linear motion, so if things are getting loose and jiggly, you can keep your finger on the trigger without worrying about shifting gears or the brake lever getting away from you.

Sold my 4 months old SRAM AXS Red groupset for half the price because the brakes failed three times and 4 bike shops were unable to fix the front derailleur chain drop.  If you read up on it, various people across the world have the chain drop issue.  2 of my other friends are waiting months now for replacement of the front AXS shifter as the brakes fade within 2 months.

The last straw for me was this month when my brand new Zipp 353 hub failed after 500km and I had to wait 3 months for a replacement hub and even then the local dealer charged me transport fees because "shipping is not covered under warranty claims".
This on 'n RRP R80 000 wheelset.

What a joke.

Fooled me a couple of times now.  Not again.

Spinnekop

Aug 27, 2021, 5:48 AM

But we digress. 

The Evo SE looks the business.  ????
Definitely on my shopping list.  Fortunately we have a lot of time to save up...........

Jewbacca

Aug 27, 2021, 6:10 AM

17 minutes ago, Spinnekop said:

Sold my 4 months old SRAM AXS Red groupset for half the price because the brakes failed three times and 4 bike shops were unable to fix the front derailleur chain drop.  If you read up on it, various people across the world have the chain drop issue.  2 of my other friends are waiting months now for replacement of the front AXS shifter as the brakes fade within 2 months.

The last straw for me was this month when my brand new Zipp 353 hub failed after 500km and I had to wait 3 months for a replacement hub and even then the local dealer charged me transport fees because "shipping is not covered under warranty claims".

What a joke.

I've only ever run their kit with other calipers and while I have no bikes currently with SRAM anything, I really liked the brake lever being linear when I did use it.

I also swapped the FD out for a shimano one. The new cantilever mechanism is so crisp and easy. So I guess I avoided these issues by default.

The waiting for stock though is unavoidable which ever brand you use these days, but the consistent failure is perhaps not. 

I really really like bikes with a 'flat' or 'Horizontal' top tube. They look so awesome. I'm just too short to ride them. If I was a baller and a little bit taller, I would definitely consider one of these! (If I had a rabbit in a hat and a bat and a six four impala)...

DieselnDust

Aug 27, 2021, 8:52 AM

When I did the SRAM Technical University course in 2019 we covered the RED AXS group. Front derailleur set up is tricky because the stepper motor produces a lot of torque and is strong enough to rip the front derailleur mount off. Correct set up is crucial. 

Instead of typing and repeating here is the guide: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/road/campaigns/troubleshooting-etap-axs-chain-drop

Interestingly I've also discovered quite a few people have set up problems with the SRAM 11speed Yaw front derailleurs on Cannondales. 

Spinnekop

Aug 27, 2021, 11:04 AM

2 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

When I did the SRAM Technical University course in 2019 we covered the RED AXS group. Front derailleur set up is tricky because the stepper motor produces a lot of torque and is strong enough to rip the front derailleur mount off. Correct set up is crucial. 

Instead of typing and repeating here is the guide: https://www.sram.com/en/sram/road/campaigns/troubleshooting-etap-axs-chain-drop

Interestingly I've also discovered quite a few people have set up problems with the SRAM 11speed Yaw front derailleurs on Cannondales. 

After copious amounts of research, I settled on the idea that it was very frame specific.
There are people that put the groupset on and it just works from the get-go without event thinking about reading the manual.
To say that I tried to make it work is an understatement.  
There was rides where I went out for hours and adjusting and trying new things.   Nothing worked.  I just gave up after a year.  Sadly.
Cost me a fortune to replace...........????

DieselnDust

Aug 27, 2021, 12:19 PM

1 hour ago, Spinnekop said:

After copious amounts of research, I settled on the idea that it was very frame specific.
There are people that put the groupset on and it just works from the get-go without event thinking about reading the manual.
To say that I tried to make it work is an understatement.  
There was rides where I went out for hours and adjusting and trying new things.   Nothing worked.  I just gave up after a year.  Sadly.
Cost me a fortune to replace...........????

You're riding a cannondale? Year model?

Most of the yaw derailleur issues is on the 2015 through 2018 models. The new Evo seems to be a lot netter but I wonder if the slightly wider chain line on these bikes is the cause

Sid the Sloth

Aug 27, 2021, 12:51 PM

7 hours ago, Spinnekop said:

What a joke.

Bauke is that you??

Sid the Sloth

Aug 27, 2021, 12:54 PM

I am just upset because my superx is now  "outdated". I would love one of these frames though! I wonder why they run Force 1 on the CX bike and not AXS? 

Chadvdw67

Aug 27, 2021, 12:58 PM

6 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I've only ever run their kit with other calipers and while I have no bikes currently with SRAM anything, I really liked the brake lever being linear when I did use it.

I also swapped the FD out for a shimano one. The new cantilever mechanism is so crisp and easy. So I guess I avoided these issues by default.

The waiting for stock though is unavoidable which ever brand you use these days, but the consistent failure is perhaps not. 

I really really like bikes with a 'flat' or 'Horizontal' top tube. They look so awesome. I'm just too short to ride them. If I was a baller and a little bit taller, I would definitely consider one of these! (If I had a rabbit in a hat and a bat and a six four impala)...

That bloody song, now it will be stuck in my head for the next week, thanks Jewy ????

jcza

Aug 28, 2021, 11:37 AM

On 8/26/2021 at 8:00 PM, DIPSLICK said:

Love cannondale, but that doesn’t shout GO out and order ME NOW, maybe they going less is more. ????????‍♂️

Difficult customer 

DIPSLICK

Aug 28, 2021, 11:39 AM

1 minute ago, jcza said:

Difficult customer 

Well we all know your stds, fussy don’t get u laid????????

jcza

Aug 28, 2021, 11:51 AM

10 minutes ago, DIPSLICK said:

Well we all know your stds, fussy don’t get u laid????????

Must be time for lunch again… 

jackievs

Aug 29, 2021, 8:09 AM

On 8/27/2021 at 7:41 AM, Jewbacca said:

I have experienced fewer issues with SRAM than Shimano ....????

jackievs

Aug 29, 2021, 8:12 AM

On 8/26/2021 at 5:24 PM, 'Dale said:

Yes I would like to know what the price tag is... but maybe I will rather look at the Canyon gravel bike... but I believe exports to SA suspended !

Jewbacca

Aug 29, 2021, 10:02 AM

1 hour ago, jackievs said:

I have experienced fewer issues with SRAM than Shimano ....????

If you ask enough people, you will find people who have had issues with pretty much anything.

I have owned a stack of bikes, using both SRAM and shimano. Avid brakes were terrible, initial SRAM road double tap was clumsy, Shimano then went wiffy with a wandering bite point on their brakes with seals around the lever piston being made of cheese. The reverse pressure RD was rubbish..... I have a list of gripes a mile long for both companies.

In saying all that, actual product failure outside of crash damage has eluded me over hundreds of thousand of km

1 hour ago, jackievs said:

Yes I would like to know what the price tag is... but maybe I will rather look at the Canyon gravel bike... but I believe exports to SA suspended !

I would suggest you read the thread relating to this if you are genuinely interested. It explains exactly how Canyon in SA will now be run and by whom. 

Andrae Bird

Aug 29, 2021, 7:38 PM

The Cedar would have broken this bike up! 

MongooseMan

Aug 30, 2021, 7:55 AM

12 hours ago, Andrae Bird said:

The Cedar would have broken this bike up! 

Genuine question (assuming you're not joking): why? 

What was in those 250km that would have broken this ~70k bike? 

RocknRolla

Aug 30, 2021, 8:01 AM

One can see by the dual bottle cage mounts that this is a brilliant bike.

Scalpel

Aug 30, 2021, 8:23 AM

27 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Genuine question (assuming you're not joking): why? 

What was in those 250km that would have broken this ~70k bike? 

Would love to know as well!!

Add a comment

You must log in to comment