Tech

Cooling in motion with new Falke cycling sock

· By Press Office · 18 comments

The new cutting edge FALKE Advance Performance range of sport-specific socks combines over a century of expertise with the most advanced technologies available globally to offer ultimate functionality and wearer advantage. Each sporting discipline is tiered to suit sport-specific wearer requirements.

ccs-62657-0-58206600-1457068960.jpeg

Keen cyclists will appreciate the new Advanced Bike (AB Coollayr Tech) addition to the current selection of Pro Cycle Quarter and Pro Cycle Crew socks. Featuring the new COOLLAYR© yarns technology, which offers heat reduction of up to 1 degree Celsius combined with the Drynamix Yarn for rapid moisture transfer and Polyamide Mesh construction for lightweight, effective ventilation, the AB Coollayr is a must for the Cape Town Cycle Tour.

ccs-62657-0-73972400-1457068969.jpeg

Silver Fibre Technology offers anti-microbial properties for fungal protection and will keep feet fresh, while the hand-linked toe seam prevents friction and blisters and the reinforced heel and toe construction ensures durability.

For additional wearer comfort, the soft elastic arch support prevents sock from sliding and provides gentle arch support and the sensitive cuff and ankle elastication provides stability without constriction.

ccs-62657-0-74108800-1457068977.jpeg

On-trend colour ways inspired by global fashion trends are launched seasonally in sizes 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12. The current range is available in Lake Blue, Neon Lime Coral and Red as well as White and Black. The AB Coollayr retails at R75 from leading sport retailers. (Sportsman’s Warehouse, Cape Union Mart, Cycle Lab and Chris Willemse Cycles).

For more information, visit www.falke.co.za.

Tags: ,

Comments

CAAD4

Mar 4, 2016, 8:04 AM

Nothing like the smell of foot powder in the morning to awaken the sleeping giant. Hell I love it when the small guys come in and start eating somebody's lunch right under their nose.

tubed

Mar 5, 2016, 6:42 AM

Nothing like the smell of foot powder in the morning to awaken the sleeping giant. Hell I love it when the small guys come in and start eating somebody's lunch right under their nose.

Couldn't agree more - served up mediocre product to the masses because they were the only show in town, suddenly some sharp lighties from the Bos (again) offer something better and Falke are now offering the next best thing - a scientifically advanced fabric tube with a seam at one end.

Wonder if they tried to buy the lighties out cheaply - that's usually part of the strategy - but these youngsters seem sharp.

Your move lighties.

The customer wins in this case.

EmptyB

Mar 5, 2016, 6:49 AM

Healthy competition...we all win

Guest notmyname

Mar 5, 2016, 7:19 AM

The falke socks are average. The new offerings lok pretty cool but not as cool as bananas and jelly beans.

Loose cog

Mar 5, 2016, 9:06 AM

Two immediate problems. They are too long and are not white.

CAAD4

Mar 5, 2016, 1:29 PM

Two immediate problems. They are too long and are not white.

Neither are kitchen appliances...

HappyMartin

Mar 6, 2016, 5:34 PM

It's a sock. Good grief. All the hype. Thought it must be a new Mars rover. Load of bollocks.

Noshow

Mar 6, 2016, 6:51 PM

Love the look of those Versus socks but they only come in one size.  For us large-hoofed mammals (size 12) we really need something that doesn't also fit a size 8 twinkle toes.

Mechanick

Mar 8, 2016, 10:10 AM

What I found strange was that the Sportmanswarehouse stall at the Cycle Tour Expo sold them for cheaper that Falke themselves, who were also at the Cycle Tour Expo...

Iwan Kemp

Mar 8, 2016, 10:59 AM

Easy, Falke was not undercutting their retail partner.

Pure Savage

Mar 8, 2016, 11:06 AM

If they had just copied the colour scheme from the Liv they would have had a winner, and put the words FALKE on the toes

TheTashkentTerror

Mar 8, 2016, 11:20 AM

Features that these socks offer:

1. AB Coollayr Tech
  2. Drynamix Yarn
  3. Silver Fibre Technology
  4. Polyamide Mesh construction

Features that currently affect my sock buying preferences:

1. Bananas
NickGM

Mar 8, 2016, 11:42 AM

They can call those colours whatever they want, all I see is 3 different flavours of Wimpy milkshake. That's not a bad thing though. I may grab myself a pair of the bubblegums. 

V12man

Mar 8, 2016, 3:05 PM

Anybody else try to get more information from their website? "Under construction" after I had fixed the link error - TFU to have no working website.... GRRRRRR....

Jensie

Mar 10, 2016, 9:22 AM

Web site is not working. Anyhow...got another pair of the laaities socks yesterday. like the trail sock being a bit thicker.

cadenceblur

Mar 10, 2016, 12:30 PM

There was a stall selling socks for R400 at the expo! Striped ones, unbelievable.

solo65

Mar 10, 2016, 12:35 PM

I like the green ones best!

Friedpiggy

Mar 10, 2016, 1:28 PM

Biggest issue I have with Falke is where to buy their products. Have yet to find a pair of the road cycling ones in my size (12) anywhere in Durbs. Even had a look at sportpeoples wherehouse and no go.

Plenty of mountain bike ones on offer though.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment