Tech

First Look Friday: Evil The Following, Olympic Crank shoes, TomTom Spark

· By BikeHubCoreAdmin · 19 comments

First Look Friday is an introduction to the products that we are currently testing for review. This week we’re featuring the Evil The Following, Olympic Crank R mountain bike shoes and the TomTom Spark.

Evil The Following

Evil The Following 1.jpg

Once only available to those willing to undergo the hassles of importing, Evil bikes are now distributed locally by TrailTech Cycles.

The Following is Evil’s short travel 29er do-it-all trail bike. The bike features Dave Weagle’s DELTA linkage which sees the RockShox Monarch shock wedged between bulky carbon stays and suspension scaffolding. The design is said to make the 121mm rear travel feel much longer than the numbers suggest. The Following is designed around progressive geometry aimed at adapting the bigger wheels to trail riding.

The Following sounds like the perfect recipe for South African conditions. We’re eager to see if the bike stands up to all the hype out on the trails.

Recommended retail pricing on the frame with Monarch RT3 rear shock is R 49,850.00 based on current exchange rates. Each build is a custom build so complete bikes are specification related. Frames are available in small, medium, large and extra large.

Evil The Following 3.jpg
Evil The Following 2.jpg

Olympic Crank R

Olympic Crank R shoes 2.jpg

The Crank is Olympic’s new entry level mountain bike shoe. It features a triple Velcro closure system, a reinforced toe box, a breathable mesh/PU upper, a rigid rubber sole with a mud clearing design and is both SPD and flat pedal compatible.

Olympic Crank R shoes 1.jpg

The suggested retail price is R949 and the Crank is available in sizes 3 to 13. You can view the rest of the Olympic 2016 range here.

TomTom Spark

TomTom Spark 1.jpg

The TomTom Spark GPS fitness watch features 3GB of music storage which can be streamed wireless to compatible headphones. On the fitness side, the Spark comes with a GPS, built-in heart rate monitor, 24/7 information tracking, multi-sport modes allowing users to track and set goals around various measurements.

The TomTom Spark retails for R3 999 without headphones and R4 599 with headphones.

Comments

Hairy

Feb 26, 2016, 11:08 AM

That EVIL is so evil!

banna

Feb 26, 2016, 11:14 AM

That EVIL is so evil!

Just not in that happy clappy bubblegum colour.... I mean, Darf Vader would not be caught dead riding it in that scheme.... 

nonky

Feb 26, 2016, 12:46 PM

DELTA = Dave's Extra Legitimate Travel Apparatus

Goblin

Feb 26, 2016, 1:58 PM

what price does the following go for ?

Bizkit031

Feb 26, 2016, 2:08 PM

Frame is 50k.
Edition 507

Feb 26, 2016, 2:12 PM

What colour is that anyway? Like a shade of fushia or preach. Is evil the new gay?

Hairy

Feb 26, 2016, 2:39 PM

What colour is that anyway? Like a shade of fushia or preach. Is evil the new gay?

The "I am so confident and manly that I don't have to answer silly questions about the colour of my bicycle" colour

Feb 26, 2016, 5:01 PM

Keep those comments coming ....

You guys like my build ;) ?

Nick

Feb 26, 2016, 5:06 PM

Hi

Recommended retail on the frame with Monarch RT3 rear shock is R 49,850.00 based on current exchange rates. Each build is a custom build so complete bikes are specification related. 

Frames are available in small, medium, large and XL.
AlanD

Feb 26, 2016, 6:02 PM

At first that rear triangle looked really odd being so narrow and the rear suspension very busy, but thr more i look at it the more im starting to like it...alot...BUT...does it come in black?

Nick

Feb 26, 2016, 6:16 PM

At first that rear triangle looked really odd being so narrow and the rear suspension very busy, but thr more i look at it the more im starting to like it...alot...BUT...does it come in black?

The colours available are Murder Black and Don’t Shoot Orange.

http://evil-bikes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/The_Following_X1_1470x1300.jpg

AlanD

Feb 26, 2016, 6:24 PM

The colours available are Murder Black and Don’t Shoot Orange.

http://evil-bikes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/The_Following_X1_1470x1300.jpg

Woah, that is beautiful.

Goblin

Feb 27, 2016, 6:31 PM

Hi

Recommended retail on the frame with Monarch RT3 rear shock is R 49,850.00 based on current exchange rates. Each build is a custom build so complete bikes are specification related. 

Frames are available in small, medium, large and XL.

ouch the exchange rate is hammering us. Looks like ill be on the tallboy for another year.

At 50 k for frame and shock, out of my league.

its a beast of a bike though.

Hairy

Feb 28, 2016, 1:13 PM

Don't shoot orange.....classic naming

Bizkit031

Feb 28, 2016, 4:46 PM

Orange is the best colour in the world.

Hairy

Feb 28, 2016, 8:26 PM

Orange is the best colour in the world.

I buy a specific type of tape (jaffa tape) for my tubeless conversions because it comes in Orange. ...
TrailTechCycles

Feb 28, 2016, 9:14 PM

The Following now available for 2016 in Toxic Slude Green...my personal favorite!

Send us an email to sales@trailtechcycles.co.za you may be surprised at what we are able to offer on frames and complete builds.

Iwan Kemp

Feb 29, 2016, 5:06 AM

My, oh my!

post-1575-0-33419300-1456722353_thumb.jpg

NicoBoshoff

Feb 29, 2016, 5:23 AM

Such a hot bike.  Pity the frame alone is more than what I'd ever be willing to pay for a full bike.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment