Silverback Sesta Pro
Silverback have gained a reputation for offering good value bikes with well thought-out component choices. The Sesta sees the company translate this to the high end segment of the market with a full carbon dual suspension racer.
The first good look we had of a Sesta was Martin Gujan's bike at the Absa Cape Epic in 2015. Back then it still had the prototype aluminium rear triangle.
The Sesta Pro leaves the shop floor ready to race featuring RockShox and Fox suspension, a Stan's wheelset, and a Shimano XT groupset. Silverback are proud of the stiffness they have achieved in the rear of the Sesta and it is something we're keen to test out.
Specifications (according to website):
- FrameSB Advanced Dynamics Carbon 29” Suspension, Tapered 1-1/8” – 1.5” Headtube, Press-Fit BB Shell, Full Carbon Rear Triangle, Carbon linkages, 142 x 12mm Thru Axle Integrated Dropouts, Replaceable Alloy hanger, XGuide Cable management System
- SizeS / M / L
- ForkRock Shox SID RL, 100mm Travel, Solo Air, Tapered Alloy Steerer, Remote OneLoc Sprint, QR15mm Dropout, Diffusion Black
- ShockFox Float DPS, 3 Position Adjusments, 90mm travel, 165mm x 38mm, Stainless Steel 10mm hardware
- RimsStan's Crest 29”, Alloy 32H, Stan’s Yellow Rimtape and Valves, Black, Custom Decal colours
- HubsStan's 3.30, 100 x 15mm front and 142 x 12mm rear Axles, 6-Bolt, Disc hubs, Black
- TyresSchwalbe Racing Ralph EVO, 29" x 2.1", Tubeless Ready, Folding
- StemSector Radius, 3D Forged 6061 Alloy, S/M: 80mm; L: 90mm, 7° x ∮31.8mm, Stainless Steel hardware, Black
- HandlebarSector Plane, Double Butted 6061 Alloy, W: 700mm; Back Sweep: 9° x ∮31.8mm, Matte Marble, Black
- SeatpostSector Level, CNC 6061 Alloy shaft, ∮31.6mm x 400mm, Black bolts
- SaddleSector Performance, CRN-Ti Rails
- Brake SetShimano XT BL/BR-M8000, Open Hydraulic System, Metal Pads, Levers Rotors Front: 180mm; Rear: 160mm, 6-Bolt, Black
- ShiftersShimano XT SL-M8000, 1x11 Trigger, Black
- Rear derailleurShimano XT Shadow Tech Plus RD-M8000, Long Cage, 11 Speed
- CassetteShimano XT CS-M8000, 11 Speed, 11-42T, Silver
- CranksetShimano XT Crankset, 32T, L:175mm, All Sizes, Black
- Bottom bracketShimano, Press-Fit BB
- Retail PriceR60,000
Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution
Schwalbe market the Nobby Nic as a good rolling tyre with sufficient grip for all mountain riders. We've always been a bit underwhelmed when pushing the Nobby Nic hard but last year Schwalbe overhauled the design.
The new Nobby Nic retains its lightweight and rolling ability but gains a tougher version of Schwalbe's Snakeskin sidewall as well as a new tread pattern in an effort to improve grip. We're eager to see how the new Nobby Nic handles on the trails.
The Nobby Nic Evolution retails for R750 - R800.