Tech

Gear Spotlight: Ryder Slyder-4UP storage system

Partner Content

· By Bike Hub Features · 7 comments

Ryder are a brand known for making quality products at a great price point. Their Slyder-4UP continues that trend with a neat storage system to stash spares on your bike accessibly without ruining the aesthetics.

ccs-2-0-07285700-1617269805.jpg

The recently launched Slyder-4UP doubles up on the storage capacity versus the original “2UP” Slyder we had a look at in 2019. Off the shelf you’ll get a Slyder-4UP system including 2 x CO2 canister sleeves (along with a 16G Ryder CO2 canister) and two smaller sleeves complete with a tyre lever set and a Slug Plug tool (including a case of plugs).

The base is built on rail system which can be mounted pretty much anywhere you’d put a water bottle cage. For ease of access and aesthetics the down tube is the most logical mount point. The package also includes additional spacers which allow you to fit the Slyder to a range of tube shapes (e.g. flat frames vs. rounded frames).

ccs-2-0-61829200-1617269784.jpg

ccs-2-0-47462300-1617269798.jpg
ccs-2-0-87391900-1617269791.jpg

The CO2 canister holders are removable which means you have some extra protection from the inevitable freeze that comes with using the CO2 canister. If you want to save some weight and only use two of the slots, for say just the tyre plug and CO2 canister, the 4up gives you this option. Each of the sleeves is easy to detach and snaps back into place remaining secure when you ride.

ccs-144148-0-45920800-1617193453.jpg

The Slug Plug is super easy to use and the design allows you to keep the plug loaded in the tool. So you aren’t left scrambling to find a plug while all the air escapes from your tyre. The cap also means you’re not at risk of impaling yourself or your bike’s paintwork with an exposed sharp tool.

The Ryder Slyder-4UP is a simple but smart storage system for your bike giving you peace of mind while out riding, knowing that you have all the spares you need to get going again should you run into issues.

ccs-144148-0-51955500-1617193471.jpg
ccs-144148-0-23449100-1617193465.jpg
The Ryder Slyder-4UP is available at most local or online bike stores priced around R199. Find a dealer near you here.

Video: How it works

Comments

DieselnDust

Apr 12, 2021, 12:20 PM

The only fail with the system is that they don't offer a hollder sleeve for the 25gr canisters used frequently by mtbers. Otherwise is neat, easy to use, doesn't corrode, light weight, really good quality and versatile.I carry 2 16gr canisters in mine and I could up that to three or four and carry the slugplug  and tyre levers in my back pocket but a 25gr sleeve would round it off beautifully.

How about a compatible multitool for the 4up Slyder Ryder?

fanievb

Apr 12, 2021, 12:32 PM

The only fail with the system is that they don't offer a hollder sleeve for the 25gr canisters used frequently by mtbers. Otherwise is neat, easy to use, doesn't corrode, light weight, really good quality and versatile.I carry 2 16gr canisters in mine and I could up that to three or four and carry the slugplug  and tyre levers in my back pocket but a 25gr sleeve would round it off beautifully.

mine has a 25g canister on the one side and the slug plug on the other

daniemare

Apr 16, 2021, 11:41 AM

Saw a nice product advertorial on BikeHub

Go to Website of Brand to Buy Online

Cannot buy Online

Saw they still rock old school - "Buy from Retailer" - route to market

Go to first retailer - Can't find online

Go to second  retailer - Does not have online store

Lost interest

MintSauce

Apr 17, 2021, 12:28 PM

Saw a nice product advertorial on BikeHub

Go to Website of Brand to Buy Online

Cannot buy Online

Saw they still rock old school - "Buy from Retailer" - route to market

Go to first retailer - Can't find online

Go to second  retailer - Does not have online store

Lost interest

Guess you didn't have much interest after all

RocknRolla

Apr 17, 2021, 1:18 PM

*is

Matt

Apr 19, 2021, 9:18 AM

The 25G sleeves aren't available separately or with the 4-up kit, but you could swop over a 25G sleeve or two from the original "2-up" Slyder 25G kit (available online for around R139). With the bigger sleeve and canister it will be a tighter squeeze though so some shuffling might be needed to make it all fit nicely.

DieselnDust

Apr 19, 2021, 10:01 AM

The 25G sleeves aren't available separately or with the 4-up kit, but you could swop over a 25G sleeve or two from the original "2-up" Slyder 25G kit (available online for around R139). With the bigger sleeve and canister it will be a tighter squeeze though so some shuffling might be needed to make it all fit nicely.

Ah thanks for the headsup. I thought that unit was gone from the market but I see It's still available. :clap:

Add a comment

You must log in to comment