- Full Carbon Front and Rear Triangles 120mm Rear Wheel Travel Boost 148 Rear. We’ve left no stone unturned with our latest offering.
- Signature Low Leverage Design (not dissimilar to our current VIPA RACE models )
- Monocoque Front Triangle with Internal Cable Routing (various cable routing options and covers provided)
- Carbon Seatstays and Chainstays with Boost 148 x 12 mm rear end
- Designed for both 2x and 1x Drivetrain Options
- Optional Internal Shimano Di2 Battery holder – allowing for enclosed battery fitment whilst still allowing Dropper Seatpost compatibility
- Available in 4 frame sizes – S, M, L, XL (to start sizes will be limited to M, L, XL)
- Internal Cable Routing for Dropper Seatpost
- Seatpost Diameter : 31.6mm
- Bottom Bracket : Pressfit 92mm
Your weapon of choice
Available as a Rolling Chassis for 2017 we are offering the new Full Carbon 120mm travel model with a choice of Standard Build or an upgraded Premium Build. The Rolling Chassis consists of VIPA TRAIL Carbon Frame + Rear Shock + Wheelset + Suspension Fork. Each option has been carefully selected to compliment the frame and intended usage.
- Fox Float DPS Performance Shock
- Stan’s ZTR Arch S1 Wheelset
- RockShox Revelation RL 120mm
- R 45,000 incl VAT
- Fox Float DPS Factory Shock
- Stan’s ZTR Arch Mk3 Wheelset
- RockShox Pike RCT3 120mm
- R 52,500 incl VAT
Designed around a 120mm travel front fork with BOOST spacing we have opted for the following fork options:
- Standard Build: RockShox Revelation RL, 120mm, 51mm Offset, 15 x 110 Boost Lowers
- Premium Build: RockShox Pike RCT3, 120mm, 51mm Offset, 15 x 110 Boost Lowers
Note: maximum suggested travel is 130mm to ensure intended handling and ride characteristics
We have worked with Fox Racing Shox to offer 2 options of rear shock that have both been custom tuned for this frame. The emphasis was placed on a rear shock that was able to be plush during longer events but still offer the popular firm lockout option for long climbs and extended gravel sections.
- Standard Build: Fox Float DPS, Performance Series, Evol SV, 3 Position, Firm Lockout, 190mm Eye to Eye
- Premium Build: Fox Float DPS, Factory Series, Kashima, Evol SV, 3 Position, Firm Lockout, 190mm Eye to Eye
Recognizing that riders wanting the versatility that this bike can offer needed a wheelset that was both light and stiff whilst still durable and wide enough for modern tyre choices we only really had 1 choice of wheel brand – Stan’s No Tubes!
- Standard Build: ZTR Arch S1, Neo Hubs, 32H, Boost 110 x 15 Front, Boost 148 x 12 Rear
- Premium Build: ZTR Arch Mk3, Neo Hubs, 32H, Boost 110 x 15 Front, Boost 148 x 12 Rear
Suggested “Wide Right” Tyre Size: 29 x 2.25 to 2.5 Width
The first shipment is expected to arrive next week with limited stock.
In 2017, the Vipa Trail will only be available as a rolling chassis (frame, shock, fork, and wheelset).