Tech

New SRAM Guide S4 Caliper update

· By Press Office · 13 comments

SRAM Guide brakes are packed with ride-enhancing performance that makes every new trail a trusted old friend. We started from scratch, to create the perfect combination of braking reliability and control. Brand-new SwingLink technology provides more power, silky-smooth modulation, less deadband and better lever-feel than you’ve ever experienced. Steep-line confidence. Deep-corner dominance. Ride every trail like you own it. KNOW YOU CAN.

ccs-62657-0-74195300-1460454029.jpg
ccs-62657-0-03702000-1460454030.jpg

S4 Caliper Update

The S4 caliper, born on Guide Ultimate, now moves to the complete Guide range. While retaining the on-trail characteristics of Guide, the S4 caliper will add the following features to Guide RSC, RS and R:

Features:

• Bleeding Edge
  • Heat Management (Heat Shield, wide pad pocket and piston insulators)
  • Rollback Consistency (new gland geometry and piston design)

International Pricing

• Guide RSC: $205 | €224 | £172
  • Guide RS: $154 | €168 | £129
  • Guide R: $133 | €145 | £112

S4 Caliper

The S4 Caliper features consistent rollback and easy set-up, improved heat management features, and Bleeding Edge porting and adapter technology for easy bleeds.

Features:

• Pistons diameter: two 14mm and two 16mm pistons for power and modulation
  • New seals and gland geometry for improved consistency no matter the conditions
  • Heat Management: enlarged pad pocket, insulated pistons, and Heat Shield reduce operating temperature and minimize heat transfer to the caliper body
  • Bleeding Edge: bleeding adapter and porting for quick, mess-free bleeding

Bleeding Edge Technology

ccs-62657-0-85411200-1460454117.jpg
New bleed porting and fluid path make it easier to push fluid through the caliper for quick and easy bleeding. Dedicated bleed adapter plugs into the bleed port on S4 calipers. It seals the system to minimize air contamination and fluid loss.

Updated Reach Adjustment

ccs-62657-0-60518800-1460454117.jpg

• New detent design
  • More positive feel
  • Eliminates creep
  • Smaller nub
  • Backwards compatible
Tags: ,

Related posts

Comments

Clinton H

Apr 12, 2016, 2:23 PM

I have a set of RSC's , How you could make them any better than what they already are is beyond me .

Capricorn

Apr 12, 2016, 2:31 PM

I have a set of RSC's , How you could make them any better than what they already are is beyond me .

don't remind me about that. <_<

Funnily enough, most of the SRAM sponsored riders in the DH world cups are still sporting Avid Code calipers.

raptor-22

Apr 12, 2016, 3:50 PM

Easy, you add the ultimate caliper to the RSC package .

Brilliant brakes . Best I have used to date

Meezo

Apr 13, 2016, 7:23 AM

looking more and more like shimano brakes!

Eddy Gordo

Apr 13, 2016, 8:31 AM

How would the magura mt5, mt7 rate against these?

Sitting slip

Apr 13, 2016, 9:15 AM

ffs sram slow down!!!we cant keep up!!

V12man

Apr 13, 2016, 9:16 AM

How would the magura mt5, mt7 rate against these?

Not even close....

Wannabe

Apr 13, 2016, 9:38 AM

looking more and more like shimano brakes!

Just sooooo much better.  :whistling:

Barry Stuart

Apr 13, 2016, 12:49 PM

Agreed. They make my old Shimanos feel like a jellyfish stapled to a stick against the wheel. The balance of power and modulation in my RS is just absolutely perfect.

Eon du Plessis

Apr 13, 2016, 1:39 PM

Are these best paired with SRAM rotors or are there other alternatives that offer better bang for buck?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Toxic

Apr 15, 2016, 5:20 AM

I'am a Shimano XT / XTR brakes guy.  Are these Guide brakes better and easier to maintain that the trustworthy XT's ? 

I just had bad experience with SRAM Avid in the past, but it is going to take some effort to convince me that the latest SRAM brakes are better...

rouxtjie

Apr 15, 2016, 5:57 AM

I'am a Shimano XT / XTR brakes guy.  Are these Guide brakes better and easier to maintain that the trustworthy XT's ? 

I just had bad experience with SRAM Avid in the past, but it is going to take some effort to convince me that the latest SRAM brakes are better...

same here....that being said I have a set of hope's on route to me. 

I am just going to say it....the whole avid range was a cluster f**k...they gave endless problems(first hand experience), hard to bleed properly and then you have to frequently nurse them to ensure performance. Shimano's simplicity was its beauty...but the on-off feel they give isn't for everyone

Apparently the guides were designed and built from the ground up...good move by sram imo and they are being specced on top end enduro bikes so that in itself says something. There is a video on pinkbike somewhere going into depth from R&D point of view of the guides. They are getting great real world reviews so hopefully sram has turned their braking woes around. 

V12man

Apr 15, 2016, 10:22 AM

My Trail's have ridden 2 Epics and 1 J2C with no mechanical issues in any way - and their first bleed was just before this years epic (just as routine preventative maintenance - no real need actually)

Add a comment

You must log in to comment