Tech

Revamped Wahoo Elemnt Bolt now includes colour screen, improved navigation

Supplied by Wahoo Fitness.

· By Press Office · 2 comments

Press Release

The new ELEMNT BOLT from Wahoo Fitness, the market leader in connected devices, boasts a crisp, color display, and expanded navigation features. Like all Wahoo devices, the new BOLT, available for sale today, maintains the easy to use, intuitive interface, and connectivity that makes Wahoo ELEMNT computers the choice of the world’s top cyclists and triathletes.

The aerodynamic, low-profile body carries on the sleek design of the original BOLT. Quick View LEDs on the top of the screen provide turn-by-turn directions, signal approaching Strava Live segments, and provide notifications. With a 15-hour runtime and onboard memory increased to 16GB, the BOLT is designed to make exploring simple with millions of miles of roads and trails already preloaded. When paired with the Wahoo ELEMNT app, riders can easily customize their data screens, sync routes, and analyze data. BOLT’s waterproof body (IPX7) stands up to the rainiest rides or a botched creek crossing.

Wahoo Elment Bolt Navigation.jpeg

“BOLT has always been known for its sleek form factor, as well as its ease-of-use,” said Wahoo ELEMNT Product Manager Megan Powers. “We’re excited to add features that Wahooligans have been clamoring for, including a thoughtful use of color on the display, and Smart Navigation in a package that looks great on any bike. Like all of our ELEMNT GPS devices, BOLT integrates into the whole Wahoo ecosystem, whether you’re using the Multisport Handover mode to seamlessly track data in triathlon, or to control your KICKR.”

Wahoo Elment Bolt Navigation gif.gif

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

aquaratza

May 26, 2021, 3:46 PM

I bought a Bolt, the original unit... it was fantastic. I upgraded to the Roam and was disappointed, even more so when they introduced bugs through firmware updates after I had purchased it. I switched to Garmin (Edge 530 and Fenix) and apart from that little Crypto Ransomware attack they had I've been very happy.

Wahoo was really dodgy with their marketing on the Roam unit (misleading graphics making the display look more colourful and bigger than it actually was), the mount was flimsy and broke easily and they've also been super dodgy with their Rival smartwatch product, which appears to be an alpha product. I see the fancy marketing images above and it reminds me of the Roam all over again. What are they hiding?

So yeah, I'd be reluctant to try one of their products for a while to come...

That said I do have a Kickr and my partner uses my old original Bolt, which is still going strong.

-Edit- and the DCR article above echoes this: "I’m not convinced this is a model that’s going to take away any significant sales from the Garmin Edge 530 (at $299), given that it’s got a cruise ship full of added features Wahoo doesn’t have, and is largely considered pretty stable and dependable these days." and "I simply don’t know when Wahoo will fix the substantial issues I saw (and it sounds like some others saw too)." - Roam and Rival all over again.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment