Tech

Ryder Innovation win Eurobike Award for Luberetta

Supplied by Ryder Innovation.

· By Press Office · 118 comments

Press Release

Ryder Innovation has just won a prestigious 2021 Eurobike Award for their Luberetta product. The Luberetta offers a simple and mess free way to lubricate your bicycle chain.

For all the details on the Luberetta’s features, check out the product release below.

Lifestyle - 4 - White Lube.jpg

Ryder Innovation is a brand born out of 26 years of sourcing, distributing, and marketing quality cycling accessories. Given our experience gained in this realm, we noticed that not many manufacturers were designing products that answered specific needs within the cycling market. We took it upon ourselves to design, manufacture and distribute such products which were affordable, functional, and unique – while ensuring they all answered a specific problem for cyclists.

One such problem is chain lubing.

Although this process is an essential part of bicycle maintenance and plays an imperative role in the bicycle’s efficiency, it is often neglected. This is in part due to the mess associated with chain lubing but more importantly, the fact that chains are not lubed correctly to ensure maximum drivetrain efficiency. Luberetta was designed with this in mind and provides users with a very simple solution.

Filled open cap - Studio.jpg

A portable 15ml container with a screw-on cap allows users to fill the container with his or her favourite lube. By placing Luberetta over the inside, bottom half of the chain and simply back pedalling, each link will receive a drop of lube through our patented silicon dispenser.

Luberetta thus simplifies the lubing process whilst ensuring that each chain link receives adequate lube and in doing so eliminates waste and mess. Like all of the products within the Ryder Innovation stable, Luberetta is designed to be part of an ecosystem ensuring easy storage and quick accessibility.

Lifestyle - 2 - Blue Lube.jpg

Find out more at https://ryderinnovation.com/luberetta/

Tags:

Related posts

Comments

CharlesV

Sep 3, 2021, 8:39 AM

Press Release

Ryder Innovation has just won a prestigious 2021 Eurobike Award for their Luberetta product. The Luberetta offers a simple and mess free way to lubricate your bicycle chain.

For all the details on the Luberetta's features, check out the product release below.

View full article

Rudii

Sep 3, 2021, 8:45 AM

Where did you order from?

Hilton.

Sep 3, 2021, 9:04 AM

This looks really great. I already have a couple of Ryder products, they really punch above their weight class.

Well done Ryder team.

CharlesV

Sep 3, 2021, 9:05 AM

From Sportsman Warehouse:

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/ryder-luberetta

HenryS

Sep 3, 2021, 9:11 AM

3 minutes ago, CharlesV said:

R69 at SWH vs R89 at CWC. It also qualifies for the Vitality Healthy Gear discount at SWH.

NicoR

Sep 3, 2021, 9:20 AM

Only issue with it, is that it can't stand upright.

Using it for last 3 weeks.

The Ouzo

Sep 3, 2021, 9:50 AM

that looks convenient. 

DieselnDust

Sep 3, 2021, 10:00 AM

I've got a couple of them. Brilliant little device. So simple to use. 

The New Groove tool is also a lesson in simplicity. Some really nice ideas and products coming out of Ryder Innovation. Chapeau Omnico!!

Stoffel76

Sep 3, 2021, 10:42 AM

Well done Ryder Innovation! Local is very lekker! ???? 

Scalpel

Sep 3, 2021, 10:46 AM

Been using it for a while!! Very nice and easy to use!

TNT1

Sep 3, 2021, 12:13 PM

Am I missing something? My lube (white lightning or thquirt) comes in a wee squeeze bottle with a pointy nozzle and I drop a single drop of lube on each roller already. What does this device bring to the party?

Jewbacca

Sep 3, 2021, 12:43 PM

29 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Am I missing something? My lube (white lightning or thquirt) comes in a wee squeeze bottle with a pointy nozzle and I drop a single drop of lube on each roller already. What does this device bring to the party?

It's basically an emoji for applying lube.....

TNT1

Sep 3, 2021, 12:46 PM

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It's basically an emoji for applying lube.....

Yeah, look, I'm not sh****ng on Ryder, I like and use several of their things, this just seems like such a random and pointless solution to a problem that doesn't exists. I mean it would be better than some muppet using a spray can of WD40, but it's not like that user would be able to get the WD40 into the luberetta anyway?

It's a confusing thing that seems unnecessary.

Jewbacca

Sep 3, 2021, 12:55 PM

2 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Yeah, look, I'm not sh****ng on Ryder, I like and use several of their things, this just seems like such a random and pointless solution to a problem that doesn't exists. I mean it would be better than some muppet using a spray can of WD40, but it's not like that user would be able to get the WD40 into the luberetta anyway?

I agree.. But that seems to be Zeitgeist... Solutions to problems that don't exist. 

The Ouzo

Sep 3, 2021, 12:56 PM

7 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

maybe I'm seeing something that isnt.

my lube also has a nozzle (damn that sounds so wrong :) ) , but its not the easiest to apply a drop per link, you either end up with to little or to much and then it drips on the floor. The way I'm seeing this is that it applies the right size drop per link.

And then the size is convenient to take it along to away races like CTCT where even though you've lubed before sending the bike down you might want to add some extra when you get down there.

babse

Sep 3, 2021, 1:08 PM

Ryder have been coming up with cool inexpensive bits like this... however I must agree, I have no issues with my squirt application.

MudLark

Sep 3, 2021, 1:22 PM

If the promo pic is accurate, its a bad idea. There isn't enough lube on those rollers to get in underneath between the roller and pin. Which is really where the lube is needed. Lube on the outside of a roller is utterly pointless.

1151589021_Lifestyle-2-BlueLube.jpg.5d1c

love2fly

Sep 3, 2021, 1:56 PM

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

I'm with you 100% on this. With Squirt I can see how much I'm applying and easily regulate the amount. Adding unnecessary complexity to a really simple process. Wonder if it is prone to blocking long term?  90% of Ryder branded items I've bought over the years have turned out problematic.

DieselnDust

Sep 3, 2021, 1:58 PM

Its got these two cool little ears that fit either side of the chain so that when applying lube your hand doesn't wonder all of the place lubing he floor, the dog and or your sandwich,  The chain just runs smoothly under the applicator. The applicator also rubber scrappers that removes excess wax lube from the side that minimises the mop up job after. Ryder has clearly understood that most of us guys can't even pee straight into the bowl so how are we gong to apply lube onto a thin chain without some help ?

Trashy

Sep 3, 2021, 2:13 PM

1 hour ago, TNT1 said:

Thank goodness I switched to Q20. Wouldn't want to ruin my drivetrain with WD40.

DieselnDust

Sep 3, 2021, 2:18 PM

On 9/3/2021 at 3:22 PM, MudLark said:

If the promo pic is accurate, its a bad idea. There isn't enough lube on those rollers to get in underneath between the roller and pin. Which is really where the lube is needed. Lube on the outside of a roller is utterly pointless.

1151589021_Lifestyle-2-BlueLube.jpg.5d1c

The as you rotate the cranks to get the chain moving the lube will flow to the sides and between the roller and endplate. It won't get more blocked up than a normal little bottle of squirt and not as blocked as the Bat and Smoove lube bottle applicators.

MudLark

Sep 3, 2021, 3:23 PM

58 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

The as you rotate the cranks to get the chain moving the lube will flow to the sides and between the roller and endplate. I won't get more locked up than a normal little bottle of squirt and not as blocked as the Bat and Smoove lube bottle applicators.

Same same as as normal lubing if done properly. I think the problem is people try to rush lubing. Just sit down and drop one decent drop on each roller. Rotate crank a few times to cycle chain right through 3 or 4 times. Leave to dry overnight. That's using the conventional stuff (eg Squirt). The Wurth spray lube is different. It is fast to put on and is designed to immediately flow where it most needed and then thickens straight off. Anyway, courses for horses. If the little gadget works for you, that's all good. For me personally it's a solution looking for a problem

Quintus

Sep 4, 2021, 7:09 AM

What a great idea. Lube always goes all over the floor! Smoove in particular gets blocked up in the narrow spout and requires a good squeeze to unblock meaning lube explodes everywhere.

The Ouzo

Sep 4, 2021, 7:15 AM

4 minutes ago, Quintus said:

What a great idea. Lube always goes all over the floor! Smoove in particular gets blocked up in the narrow spout and requires a good squeeze to unblock meaning lube explodes everywhere.

i've got a 3/4 full bottle of smoove that I've just put into the cupboard and replaced with white lightning. I HATE smoove. The nozzle clogs, it gets extremely dirty and requires alot of effort to clean the drive train. 

Add a comment

You must log in to comment