Tech

Video: Basic fork servicing

· By Bike Hub Features · 8 comments

Steve Bowman, Fox South Africa brand manager, takes us through a basic fork service. In this video, Steve shows us the process of removing the lower legs, cleaning and checking the fork, and how to reassemble the fork.

Please note that if your fork is still under warranty, all servicing should be done by Fox or your local bike shop. Performing this service yourself may impact on your warranty. As always, any problems that occur due to your own mechanical work will not be covered by the manufacturer or distributor.

Other videos in the series:

Comments

Grease_Monkey

Jan 10, 2017, 11:40 AM

Those subtitles... eish. Rather get rid of them.

Good vid though, will give this a go at some point!

Bizkit031

Jan 10, 2017, 12:02 PM

Does this apply to Rockshox as well?

TALUS

Jan 10, 2017, 12:13 PM

Nice vid. Thx

shaper

Jan 10, 2017, 12:45 PM

Fox service website has a step by step instruction with pictures for servicing your forks http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/Forks/1.0_Fork_Disassembly.htm

Pipsqueak

Jan 10, 2017, 12:49 PM

SRAM has very good how to's on Rockshox forks. Youtube.

raymakestv

Jan 10, 2017, 1:50 PM

Those subtitles... eish. Rather get rid of them. Good vid though, will give this a go at some point!

Are you talking about the auto-generated subtitles made by youtube that you need to switch on? Mine don't come on automatically.

Skylark

Jan 10, 2017, 5:49 PM

Don't drain the lowers oil first and service with the forks upside down(handy if that is feasible), not quite the same as RS service?

AlanD

Jan 13, 2017, 9:19 AM

I'm sorry but that wasn't the best instructional video I've seen. There were parts when he is explaining something while you see someone riding their bike. Why have scenes where people are riding their bikes in the middle of an instructional video??

It would have been far better if it was more comprehensive, explained in more detail and better scenes/close ups of the parts or procedures and no in between riding scenes.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment