Tech

Wahoo Fitness Introduces KICKR SNAP Smart Cycling Trainer

· By Press Office · 35 comments

Wahoo Fitness, the leader in workout apps and smartphone connected fitness devices, is pleased to announce the KICKR SNAP, a connected cycling trainer that is easy to use. SNAP connects seamlessly with smartphones, tablets and computers, giving the user full control over pedalling resistance and provides a reliable power measurement so users can monitor and adjust intensity.

ccs-62657-0-67844800-1435668708.jpg

KICKR SNAP is designed to work with training platforms like Zwift and TrainerRoad that make riding indoors more competitive, interactive, convenient, and fun. Users can choose the Wahoo Fitness app or from a number of third-party apps to ride a virtual course with friends or perform a structured, power-based workout to achieve their fitness goals.

KICKR Snap will be available October 2015 at select specialty retailers and WahooFitness.co.za for R12,999.

Using ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0 technology, KICKR SNAP connects wirelessly to Apple, Android and Windows platforms, so you can conveniently capture all of your important ride data. Further, Wahoo’s full line of sensors and devices, like the TICKR X Workout Tracker, can easily be integrated to record heart rate and cycling cadence.

“When we introduced our first KICKR trainer in 2012, we redefined the trainer category by offering the first iPhone powered cycling trainer,” said Chip Hawkins, CEO of Wahoo Fitness. “The KICKR SNAP is a descendent of our gold standard KICKR, and provides similar features but is easier to use, so users of all abilities can stay fit year round.”

ccs-62657-0-58036400-1435668715.jpg

SNAP features a wheel-on design, so users can easily attach a bicycle of almost any type. Weighing 38 pounds, SNAP provides a smooth and stable ride, and is designed to keep its feet firmly planted on the floor so you can ride with confidence. Thanks to a unique flywheel, SNAP has been engineered to replicate the inertia experienced when riding outdoors, providing the highest inertia of any smart trainer on the market and unmatched wattage at any speed.

Related posts

Comments

shaper

Jun 30, 2015, 11:55 AM

lets hope more come to the market around eurobike and prices continue to fall...

Skinnyone

Jun 30, 2015, 11:57 AM

I believe that CycleOps has a cat in their bag that will come out fighting at Eurobike...and as for pricing falling - I doubt it that they will fall drastically if at all 

Also I see that in US$ this Wahoo Snap is only $50 cheaper than the CycleOps PowerSync trainer and has the same features and functionality - ground breaking? meh...not so much...

News bot

Jun 30, 2015, 12:55 PM

Wahoo Fitness, the leader in workout apps and smartphone connected fitness devices, is pleased to announce the KICKR SNAP, a connected cycling trainer that is easy to use. SNAP connects seamlessly with smartphones, tablets and computers, giving the user full control over pedalling resistance and provides a reliable power measurement so users can monitor and adjust intensity.

Click here to view the article

HdB

Jun 30, 2015, 1:14 PM

Oh look, R13k according to the news article...

OR one could just add a little bit more and get the normal Kickr.

Eurobike show is end of August, Interbike mid-September.

Going to be good, should be a few more announcements on the hardware and software fronts - hopefully after that I will know which smart trainer I want, and more importantly, can afford it.

Christian van Zyl

Jun 30, 2015, 1:40 PM

We've been playing with the new KICKR Snap at the offices the past month and it feels amazing. 

What we liked what the minimalism, the ease of set up, it is very quite and most of all I think the magnetic flywheel sell it. It feels realistic.

I'm not a road cyclist at all, but Jason in our offices seems to like it a lot. 

The estimated pricing is set at R12,999 

If anyone is in the Pretoria and would like to have a look at it, let us know. We only have one unit in the country at the moment. ETA on the fist shipment is September/October. 

Skinnyone

Jul 1, 2015, 5:54 AM

We've been playing with the new KICKR Snap at the offices the past month and it feels amazing. 

What we liked what the minimalism, the ease of set up, it is very quite and most of all I think the magnetic flywheel sell it. It feels realistic.

If anyone is in the Pretoria and would like to have a look at it, let us know. We only have one unit in the country at the moment. ETA on the fist shipment is September/October. 

Can you clarify what that price will include Christian? i.e. HR strap, speed cadence sensor etc?

Christian van Zyl

Jul 1, 2015, 7:29 AM

Can you clarify what that price will include Christian? i.e. HR strap, speed cadence sensor etc?

Hey Skinnyone, 

The price will only include the trainer. TICKR and Blue Speed and Cadence sensors are sold separately. We also have training matts as an optional extra. 

lukeram

Jul 4, 2015, 9:01 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here but the thing I love about the kickr is that you don't burn your road wheels and can get accurate power readings when you stand up - why would you want this over a normal kickr? (Excuse the ignorance here...)

r4iden

Jul 4, 2015, 10:06 PM

Dcrainmaker:

"Now before we get started – Wahoo doesn’t see the KICKR SNAP as a replacement for the KICKR. Instead, they see it as simply adding a lower cost option in their trainer lineup, one that’s about $350 cheaper than the existing Wahoo KICKR."

Surely this is meant to compete with similar tacx/cycleops units at lets say R10/11k ($850 according to DC)?

Christian van Zyl

Dec 2, 2015, 7:20 PM

Wahoo is releasing a new trainer, wheel-on design:

http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/kickr-snap-bike-trainer.html

Only slightly less accurate than the normal Kickr (according to them, of course), and 1100W instead of 1550W.

A bit less expensive than the normal Kickr, not massively so though, so it will be interesting to see how reviews rate it versus the CycleOps ones...

Wonder if the other manufacturers will also release new ones leading up to the trade shows

[Edit: Corrected the product name]

[Edit again] DCRainmaker hands-on: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/06/wahoo-kickr-snap.html

lets hope more come to the market around eurobike and prices continue to fall...

I believe that CycleOps has a cat in their bag that will come out fighting at Eurobike...and as for pricing falling - I doubt it that they will fall drastically if at all 

Also I see that in US$ this Wahoo Snap is only $50 cheaper than the CycleOps PowerSync trainer and has the same features and functionality - ground breaking? meh...not so much...

Oh look, R13k according to the news article...

OR one could just add a little bit more and get the normal Kickr.

Eurobike show is end of August, Interbike mid-September.

Going to be good, should be a few more announcements on the hardware and software fronts - hopefully after that I will know which smart trainer I want, and more importantly, can afford it.

Dcrainmaker:

"Now before we get started – Wahoo doesn’t see the KICKR SNAP as a replacement for the KICKR. Instead, they see it as simply adding a lower cost option in their trainer lineup, one that’s about $350 cheaper than the existing Wahoo KICKR."

Surely this is meant to compete with similar tacx/cycleops units at lets say R10/11k ($850 according to DC)?

The KICKR Snap pricing is confirmed for South Africa, R11,999

I think it is a competitive price compared to the other trainers in the market. What are your thoughts?

raptor-22

Dec 2, 2015, 7:44 PM

I like

HdB

Dec 2, 2015, 9:46 PM

The KICKR Snap pricing is confirmed for South Africa, R11,999

I think it is a competitive price compared to the other trainers in the market. What are your thoughts?

About the same as the Tacx Bushido Smart. Tough choice between it and the Snap, given the price - each has its merits. For now my Vortex Smart will have to do, but the choices for the eventual upgrade just got more interesting :)

Christian van Zyl

Dec 3, 2015, 5:37 AM

About the same as the Tacx Bushido Smart. Tough choice between it and the Snap, given the price - each has its merits. For now my Vortex Smart will have to do, but the choices for the eventual upgrade just got more interesting :)

Awesome  :)

The price on the snap is actually R1,000 less than the RRP on the Bushido. Given the seamless software perfection Wahoo achieved with its open API I think you should lean towards the SNAP. The electromagnetic flywheel is also a great bonus on the SNAP. 

Vlamrouge

Oct 15, 2016, 8:51 PM

Anyone been using the Kicker Snap and want to provide some feedback?

Harryn

Oct 15, 2016, 9:50 PM

Anyone been using the Kicker Snap and want to provide some feedback?

Its awesomeness personified.

If there is any issue, it is with is the accuracy of the power broadcast measurement, which is supposed to be within 5%, but it is said that it is not. There is much discussion on this on d c rainmaker's review. It does not bother me whether it is accurate, because it is consistent. Ie - you can track your improvement. Or deteriation [emoji35]

The machine is very sturdy, and facilitates great stability even when standing, and it's quiet. It is a breeze to set up, and it has joint ant + and Bluetooth capability. This is a big plus.

I have had my unit since January and have made good use out of it. I have a dedicated bike setup on the SNAP, but there no real need. It works well with an ordinary road tire, and clicking the bike in and out of the unit is a breeze.takes a second or 2.

I previously had a tacx, which i loved. But, the SNAP is easy, seamless, strong, reliable and works with multiple platforms.

Pulse

Oct 16, 2016, 5:03 AM

Jesus, they should employ me to write their marketing **** for them.

Please mind your language!

Vlamrouge

Oct 16, 2016, 7:15 AM

The machine is very sturdy, and facilitates great stability even when standing, and it's quiet. It is a breeze to set up, and it has joint ant + and Bluetooth capability.

Thanks. Was wondering about the noise as I am planning on using it in an apartment and wondering what the effect would be on downstairs neighbors and the missus in our apartment if I decide to do early morning spin on it.

seven

Oct 16, 2016, 7:50 AM

Its awesomeness personified.

If there is any issue, it is with is the accuracy of the power broadcast measurement, which is supposed to be within 5%, but it is said that it is not. There is much discussion on this on d c rainmaker's review. It does not bother me whether it is accurate, because it is consistent. Ie - you can track your improvement. Or deteriation [emoji35]

The machine is very sturdy, and facilitates great stability even when standing, and it's quiet. It is a breeze to set up, and it has joint ant + and Bluetooth capability. This is a big plus.

I have had my unit since January and have made good use out of it. I have a dedicated bike setup on the SNAP, but there no real need. It works well with an ordinary road tire, and clicking the bike in and out of the unit is a breeze.takes a second or 2.

I previously had a tacx, which i loved. But, the SNAP is easy, seamless, strong, reliable and works with multiple platforms.

Jesus, they should employ me to write their marketing **** for them.

Blasphemous comments are idiotic

Wayne Potgieter

Oct 16, 2016, 5:13 PM

Idiot!

Be careful. You will struggle to find a more respected member here.

Strongly suggest you edit this response.

There is no place for name calling.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

seven

Oct 16, 2016, 5:30 PM

Oky, edited my response

Harryn

Oct 16, 2016, 6:35 PM

Thank you, Wayne

But I was actually outta line, so I understand the comment, take it on the chin, and I apologize to all.

Wayne Potgieter

Oct 16, 2016, 6:51 PM

Thank you, Wayne

But I was actually outta line, so I understand the comment, take it on the chin, and I apologize to all.

Perhaps. But we play the ball...not the man.

Christian van Zyl

Oct 17, 2016, 1:36 PM

Thanks. Was wondering about the noise as I am planning on using it in an apartment and wondering what the effect would be on downstairs neighbors and the missus in our apartment if I decide to do early morning spin on it.

There are a couple of places you can test the KICKR Snap. Where do you stay?

Vlamrouge

Oct 17, 2016, 2:42 PM

There are a couple of places you can test the KICKR Snap. Where do you stay?

Amsterdam. I know there is a place I can try here, just haven't gone yet, but planning to go soon.

Add a comment

You must log in to comment