According to Wolf Tooth founder Mike Pfeiffer: “We have been discussing a compact chain guide product for a couple of years but we did not want to introduce another me-too product. We did a lot of development and testing and we are now ready to deliver something revolutionary in both ease of use and performance”.
While a chain guide is not needed for most XC and trail riding with a Wolf Tooth wide/narrow chainring, gravity riders, and competitors who cannot afford any risk of a chain drop or ride often in muddy conditions are often adding a compact guide for increased chain security.
- No shims needed for chainline adjustment. Expanding elliptical mandrel system allows perfect chainline alignment and takes just seconds to set. This is the fastest and easiest chain guide to setup.
- More rigid than competing products. A flexible chain guide simply cannot effectively guide the chain.
- Independent adjustment of height and chainline with cage pivot for chain removal. All adjustments made quickly with 4mm hex key.
- Optimized for use with elliptical/oval chainrings.
- Accommodates chainline from approximately 48 mm to 54 mm for use with standard and Boost bikes.
- Easy installation without removing crank arms.
- Patent pending design.
- Customized Wolf Tooth bolt colour options.
- CNC machined 7075-T6 aluminium with stainless steel hardware.
- Designed and made in Savage, MN USA
Available now for $64.95 at http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/collections/gnarwolf-chainguides and at Wolf Tooth dealers and distributors in the coming weeks.
Wolf Tooth is recognized as an industry leader in bicycle components and accessories combining innovative designs, made in USA quality and best in class performance.