Caledonian Cycles Cape Town

DJR

Has any hubbers bought 2nd hand bikes from Caledonian Cycles in Retreat Road and is it a trustworthy dealer?

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine bought his bike at Caledonion Cycles and he loves the fact that they actually assembled his bike to custom-fit him! That is quite an awesome service in itself. They sell secondhand bikes which are already assembled as well. I would recommend them!

A friend of mine bought his bike at Caledonion Cycles and he loves the fact that they actually assembled his bike to custom-fit him! That is quite an awesome service in itself. They sell secondhand bikes which are already assembled as well. I would recommend them!

mmm something fishy, didnt Marzub, just post an advert for Caledonian cycles on another thread ?

mmm something fishy, didnt Marzub, just post an advert for Caledonian cycles on another thread ?

I think he is trying to advertise the shop...I have no ties to the shop ....have driven passed it occasionally...heard that he mechanic from Bridge Cycles opened this shop...no sure ....all hear- say at the mo....

I think he is trying to advertise the shop...I have no ties to the shop ....have driven passed it occasionally...heard that he mechanic from Bridge Cycles opened this shop...no sure ....all hear- say at the mo....

:thumbup: , schweet, thanks for clearing it up Urban

yeah he is from bridge cycles, Marwaan. He has nice used bikes and very worthwhile prices for services etc.

they actually assembled his bike to custom-fit him!

Dont all bike shops offer that? Lower the seat post a little, swap out the stem and attach in the pedals?

Or do you mean they actually cut the top tube a bit shorter?

Dont all bike shops offer that? Lower the seat post a little, swap out the stem and attach in the pedals?

Or do you mean they actually cut the top tube a bit shorter?

No, he means adjusting the head angle. Didn't you know that all the NEW bikes have an adjustable section at the apex of the top & downtubes?

:D :D

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

After a disappointing first encounter, Marwaan made contact with me and is makin an effort to restore my faith in the establishment.

Edited by Cassim Waja

I think he is trying to advertise the shop...I have no ties to the shop ....have driven passed it occasionally...heard that a former mechanic from Bridge Cycles opened this shop...no sure ....all hear- say at the mo....

corrected

Edited by ThaStig

• 5 months later...

had the opportunity to cycle with Marwaan from Caledonian Cycles early this morning and on our way back from Simonstown,a cyclists in front of us snapped his chain completely,we stopped although the chain was short by way a far few chainlinks and did not configure with the cassette,Marwaan repaired so that this hubber could be mobile to complete his morning ride,i had my road bike trek madone 4.7 carbon fully serviced by him in april this year after the argus cycle tour and it still goes exceptionally well and for a full service of R300.00 its way inexpensive for any bicycle in todays times where costs of living is skyrocketing through the roof,Caledonian Cycles U ROCK!!!!!!!

Had saddle problems after stopping for coffee in Muizenberg this morning.Popped into the Caledonian cycles branch in Muizenberg.The owner dropped what he was doing even ignoring phone calls to help me out at no charge .Big up !!!Some good priced 2nd hand bikes in store.