CSA License Application

Griffin

I am directly involved with the technical support on the Cycling South Africa membership system, and would like to answer some of these queries.

1. Griffin - if you cannot pay by credit card, you can download the membership application form from the "Application Forms" menu item when you log into the system, or directly from Membership application form. Complete the application form and submit it with proof of payment to membership@cyclingsa.com. They will sort it out for you.

2.baie-sukkel - CSA have implemented a new system this year which requires a new registration. This not automatic. You will need to go to CSA member registration to register and complete the relevant details. Once these are validated, you will be able to purchase membership on line . As far as I can tell, you have not completed this step. If there is a problem, please contact membership@cyclingsa.com

3.ronniebuis - It looks like your problem relates to the previous system, i.e. a 2010 license. My suggestion is the same as that above. To register for a 2011 membership, go to CSA membership registration.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CsaMS

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am directly involved with the technical support on the Cycling South Africa membership system, and would like to answer some of these queries.

3.ronniebuis - It looks like your problem relates to the previous system, i.e. a 2010 license. My suggestion is the same as that above. To register for a 2011 membership, go to CSA membership registration.

Hope this helps.

Nothing helps me at this point: FACT - CSA took my money but failed to deliver as promised (FRAUD !!!!) CSA WON'T do that to me twice. The only way CSA can redeem themselves in my book is to use my fee from last year and do the honourable thing and use those fees for a 2011 licence for me. If not - bye bye CSA. You need us cyclists more than we need you. Somewhere, sometime, someone is going to get cheesed off enough to start a parallel body. And, by the number of gripes I continually see in all the various media, a huge portion of the current (reluctant) CSA members would gladly swing over allegiance.

CsaMS

.baie-sukkel - CSA have implemented a new system this year which requires a new registration. This not automatic. You will need to go to CSA member registration to register and complete the relevant details. Once these are validated, you will be able to purchase membership on line . As far as I can tell, you have not completed this step. If there is a problem, please contact membership@cyclingsa.com

Hi I have tried to register myself AGAIN, your system recons I am allready registered,whether I am or , I don't know, all I can comment on is"that renewing a bicycle license is way more painful than renewing my airlines pilots license twice a year( BTW my pilots license cost me R420-00 per year) Why a bicycle license is so difficult I don't know. As I said, you guys got my money,I don't have my license and will not try to get it either,I just simpy don't have the time and patience for this system,I have written this years license renewal money off and will be on Pay as I cycle form now when I enter a race.

Should you wish to assit, then pm me your contact details please.

Why bother with a organization that does not deliver on anything they say ? They are doing absolutely nothing for the "fun" rider and they can go and play with themself .

The new system is VASTLY improved on the old MYRACE one. Some licences in our club are being received within hours of the original application by email. Well done CSA - you have got this right!!

Granted there are a few problems as you are dealing with humans but a phone call or two to Jade resolves these very quickly. :clap:

Edited by Wobbles

• 2 months later...

Hi, Why must you be part of a club to purchase a CSA license?

I had to pick a random club to be able to proceed to chekout

Hi, Why must you be part of a club to purchase a CSA license?

I had to pick a random club to be able to proceed to chekout

:lol: your license will now be delivered at random club!

You need to be affiliated with a club

You need to be a CSA member before applying for a license ... that's just the way it works.

• 10 years later...
1 hour ago, M L said:

Is the new way of applying for an annual CSA license legit?
https://www.cyclingsa-events.co.za/app_v2/

Seems like a waste of money to pay R50 per day for a 3-day stage race if I can rather purchase an annual license which I will definitely use again.

you just need a membership to avoid the license fee unless you wnt to race Provincial leagues and be eligible for SA colors in Age group

Bit of a change in topic but: 

Can someone explain to me what the story is with doing non CSA licensed races when you have a domestic racing license? I’m keen to do some gravel events but it seems like very few are CSA licensed and I definitely don’t want to end up with a fine or suspension or something like that. 

1 hour ago, M L said:

Is the new way of applying for an annual CSA license legit?
https://www.cyclingsa-events.co.za/app_v2/

Seems like a waste of money to pay R50 per day for a 3-day stage race if I can rather purchase an annual license which I will definitely use again.

If you do 5 or more events per year, then it's better to go the licenced route.

And yes, the system is legit. I was forced to take out membership in April for Technical Support Licence, so I can confirm that this new way is the same as he old way.

18 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

you just need a membership to avoid the license fee unless you wnt to race Provincial leagues and be eligible for SA colors in Age group

Could you please clarify this - so (1) the CSA membership is free (you simply register). Then you can (2) purchase either an annual license (R250) or a day license (R50). 

It seems that for the Wines to Whales they require a CSA license..?

4 hours ago, M L said:

Could you please clarify this - so (1) the CSA membership is free (you simply register). Then you can (2) purchase either an annual license (R250) or a day license (R50). 

It seems that for the Wines to Whales they require a CSA license..?

CSA membership is free (you simply register) - Absolutely NO! You purchase a day licence if you don't have Membership (green block). So it's R50/day or R250/year. If you do more than 5 events, then go the membership option. Event organisers confuse "licence" with "membership". 

Red is for those wanting to race in their age category, i.e. U23, Elite, Masters/Vets (30+, 40+ 50+).

Blue is for support staff, i.e. team mangers, coaches, officials, etc.

image.png

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

CSA membership is free (you simply register) - Absolutely NO! You purchase a day licence if you don't have Membership (green block). So it's R50/day or R250/year. If you do more than 5 events, then go the membership option. Event organisers confuse "licence" with "membership". 

Red is for those wanting to race in their age category, i.e. U23, Elite, Masters/Vets (30+, 40+ 50+).

Blue is for support staff, i.e. team mangers, coaches, officials, etc.

image.png

Just to clarify, With a license you can accumulate uci points.

You can still participate in provincial race series with just a membership if racing in sub vets, vets and masters categories

Only under 23 and elite absolutely require a license when competing in national series and want SA colours. No one is eligible for SA colours without a CSA license but everyone can compete in their age category with a CSA membership in regional and provincial races

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Just to clarify, With a license you can accumulate uci points.

You can still participate in provincial race series with just a membership if racing in sub vets, vets and masters categories

Only under 23 and elite absolutely require a license when competing in national series and want SA colours. No one is eligible for SA colours without a CSA license but everyone can compete in their age category with a CSA membership in regional and provincial races

Depends on the province. Gauteng officials won’t let one race in the Vets categories without a license. It’s contrary to the CSA rules, but consistency is not their strongest trait.

for the M L’s sake, a license is not necessary if “riding” W2W.