Single speed projects

divernick

2 hours ago, Fork-it said:

Thank you, never even considered weight. Is that a thing with steel bikes? Would be interesting to find out though. 

Just curious, it looks light but with steel it probably wont be....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Just curious, it looks light but with steel it probably wont be....

I will let you know. Now I am curious as well. It will definitely benefit from the lack of 'multi-speed parts'.

22 hours ago, Fork-it said:

Thank you, never even considered weight. Is that a thing with steel bikes? Would be interesting to find out though. 

My cotic XL is lighter than a friends trek carbon hardtail , only just but it is lighter

And i have a larger frame and braided brake hoses , will post pics later today

Just now, BaGearA said:

My cotic XL is lighter than a friends trek carbon hardtail , only just but it is lighter

And i have a larger frame and braided brake hoses , will post pics later today

Do those braded hoses have blood on them after cutting yourself when shortening the hoses and then having to ask someone else to finish the setup!?!?

1 minute ago, Hairy said:

Do those braded hoses have blood on them after cutting yourself when shortening the hoses and then having to ask someone else to finish the setup!?!?

Eyyyyyyyy check dis Man ????????????????????????

No i spilt most of it on the floor , but comparing them to standard hoses i was surprised the first time at their weight 

On 9/22/2021 at 7:29 AM, Hairy said:

You need to invest in a Dremel lol. Please. I promise its a tool you’ll use for everything. 
cutting compressionless or braded hoses with tongs is like using hammer to set your indexing????

Edited by MORNE

6 minutes ago, MORNE said:

You need to invest in a Dremel lol. Please. I promise its a tool you’ll use for everything. 
cutting compressionless or braded hoses with tongs is like using hammer to set your indexing????

How do you cut it woth the dremel , woth those included cutting disks in a standard kit ?

35 minutes ago, MORNE said:

jokes on you ... with a SS you do not need to index!

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

How do you cut it woth the dremel , woth those included cutting disks in a standard kit ?

Yes. Like a mini angle grinder cutting disk. I do all my cable housings with it because it makes a super clean cut. 

9440CD2F-8CC1-4A3B-B6D3-003AAC1939C3.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

9 hours ago, MORNE said:

Yes. Like a mini angle grinder cutting disk. I do all my cable housings with it because it makes a super clean cut. 

9440CD2F-8CC1-4A3B-B6D3-003AAC1939C3.jpeg

will try next time , thanks for the tip