divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have my frame, after having built up the new softail... :clap:

Need to spend some time with a bit of light sanding - she needs some TLC...

When the Singlespeed.co.za boys get back to me with their stock of Blackspire chainrings - I'll be in business... :D

Here be the frame - very old-skool!

post-1360-0-14876600-1300912542.jpg

This shot sort of shows the ovalisation of the toptube as it meets the seatpost... The same is done down below, where the seattube meets the BB...

post-1360-0-90779200-1300912579.jpg

post-1360-0-01563400-1300912601.jpg

The headtube is ridiculously long... :)

Took off an inch of steerer when we fitted its fork to the new frame...

post-1360-0-23558600-1300912698.jpg

post-1360-0-08181900-1300912727.jpg

Here be close-ups of Sandvik's 'window treatment' to the dropouts... :thumbup:

post-1360-0-77922200-1300912819.jpg

When people told me I needed to upgrade my brakes, I used to respond I had already upgraded from canti's... :P

Will pop up some pics after I've cleaned the frame...

Not the lightest - weighs in at 1,550kg's - but a decent place to start, I guess!

I'm thinking of either trying my hand at home-made "lazer etching" (which in all likelihood would involve me covering the relevant parts with a thin metal layer (aluminium can etc) - with the cutouts in place - and then taking some very, very rough sandpaper to the exposed parts.... OR - going for a bit of airspray loving... PM'ed a Hubber to hear if he's happy with his paintwork sticking to titanium...

I'm thinking of either trying my hand at home-made "lazer etching" (which in all likelihood would involve me covering the relevant parts with a thin metal layer (aluminium can etc) - with the cutouts in place - and then taking some very, very rough sandpaper to the exposed parts.... OR - going for a bit of airspray loving... PM'ed a Hubber to hear if he's happy with his paintwork sticking to titanium...

RodTi

Get a fine bead blast, and leave it at that. Sweet frame. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

post-20304-0-46184200-1300954419.png

RodTi, is that Michellin sticker the one on which he's shouldering a bike?

Hey TW - though about doing that.

Decided against it since he appears to be doffing his hat to the Cyclocross boys - and I'm not there... yet... :rolleyes:

The pic below was from a series of pics, if I recall correctly. The the one I saw - and the one you're presumably talking about - had the bike he's on over the shoulder. Googled it now - and it appears to have disappeared... <_<

post-1360-0-10927900-1300965232.gif

The sticker that I do have on, is similar to my avatar, with him running [oh the irony].

Here's the sticker I have on one of my SS bikes…Hog described it as a CX bike on 'roids, so it's kinda apt!

post-1604-0-43415700-1301044742.jpg

See the bike here if you haven't before:

Alice

Here's the sticker I have on one of my SS bikes…Hog described it as a CX bike on 'roids, so it's kinda apt!

post-1604-0-43415700-1301044742.jpg

See the bike here if you haven't before:

Alice

Madness - that's one hippy Alice TW! One of my very first threads up on the Hub, was me looking for info on my old frame. A fellow Hubber - might even have been TitusTi(?) popped up a google images' pic, of a DBR frame with the Michelin man on the front... It kind of stuck with me from then on... When Tyerone started his decal sales - I figured 'why not' - I needed something to cover that huge headset space :) ...

Glad I never went with the cyclocross option - since you clearly had 1st, proper dibs! :thumbup:

Oh - and of course, me in lycra occasionally comes close to Mr. Michelin! :D

You still got your ride? I must be honest in that I've toyed with the idea myself... Especially with the cantilever brace at the back - reckon it wouldn't be too difficult, I'd need a rigid canti fork up front, and bob would be my uncle...