Taxi drivers

chris_w_65

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does a monkey have a higher IQ than a taxi driver?

• Yes, and the monkey would make a better driver
    • No

I've been commuting to work 3 times a week for two years, it's a 36km round trip that takes me along a busy school route and through a town center with never-ending roadworks going on. In all this time I have had not one incident with taxi's, it's the mommies with cell phones attached to their ears in their 4x4 and the retirees who shouldn't be on the roads anymore that have given me all the scares! On the whole I find the taxi's are the one's that look out for me by giving me space when they pass, or let me into traffic and stuff like that.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hardly ever have a rpoblem with them.

I figure its really difficult to get yourself to work on time, imagine getting 17 people and a goat to work on time.

so they really dont phase me.

Although, i did get run over in the Tour D Soweto once by one. That was interesting. <_<

Did you guys read about the taxi driver that hooted at a girl on a scooter and then ran her over because she didn't get out of her way? He was convicted of murder or manslaughter or whatever.

I hardly ever have a rpoblem with them.

I figure its really difficult to get yourself to work on time, imagine getting 1732 people and a goat to work on time.

so they really dont phase me.

Although, i did get run over in the Tour D Soweto once by one. That was interesting. <_<

Fixed

I recon taxis have improved a little over the last 5 years (perhaps because of all the bad rap) since I have been in Pta while the general driving public has gotten worse:( I was in Umthatha before here which is a world to its own so cant compare from there.

Yeah because of motorists drving badly I am thinking of giving up cycling - We were sworn at yesterday morning for signaling our intention and being careful ......

mm & we the moron's !!! As if the pain is not enough to deal with motorists still make it harder !!!

Not worth it anymore !!

Having a taxi driver p!ss you off is as certain as death and tax, I dont even get myself flustered anymore... not worth the headache.

Where I do get my little moment of joy is when I hear or read of one having a blowout and rolling a few times on the highway or byway, where I do feel sorry is for the innocent 17 32 other people inside it and the goat.

Yeah because of motorists drving badly I am thinking of giving up cycling - We were sworn at yesterday morning for signaling our intention and being careful ......

mm & we the moron's !!! As if the pain is not enough to deal with motorists still make it harder !!!

Not worth it anymore !!

+1. I got verbal abuse, and cars attempted to run me off the road yesterday, cause I obeyed all the traffic laws out training. Oh, and the only taxi I encountered drove behind me, and did a complete lane change overtaking maneuver when safe to do so.

Did you guys read about the taxi driver that hooted at a girl on a scooter and then ran her over because she didn't get out of her way? He was convicted of murder or manslaughter or whatever.

Yeah, I get the feeling that your average BMW/SUV/etc driving middle class prick wouldn't have even hooted.

But I must add that when I was still riding my motorbike to Stellies on the R44, I found the Taxis to be more aware of me on the road than anybody else. I guess it also has to do more with the area and the mentality of the Taxi drivers.

About 3 weeks ago on Ontdekkers I was out at about 6am. A taxi came past me and as he did he did he let go one hell of a hoot. No potential commuters or cars anyware. As he goes by I lift my arm to ask "WTF". He saw this and slowed down. When I was next to him he mumbled something and showed me the middle finger. I showed him one back but this did not fase him. I then showed him a "toffee" and that p'd him off. He just sped away and took out my cell out to pretend to take a photo of his taxi.

Yeah, I get the feeling that your average BMW/SUV/etc driving middle class prick wouldn't have even hooted.

I don't know, it takes a special breed of person to run over a school girl on a scooter because she is going too slowly and is in your way

I don't know, it takes a special breed of person to run over a school girl on a scooter because she is going too slowly and is in your way

Yes, ask our local Strand police who decided to mow down a young school girl on her scooter too.

About 3 weeks ago on Ontdekkers I was out at about 6am. A taxi came past me and as he did he did he let go one hell of a hoot. No potential commuters or cars anyware. As he goes by I lift my arm to ask "WTF". He saw this and slowed down. When I was next to him he mumbled something and showed me the middle finger. I showed him one back but this did not fase him. I then showed him a "toffee" and that p'd him off. He just sped away and took out my cell out to pretend to take a photo of his taxi.

When I could ride in the mornings, I left home 4:50ish, and made sure I turned on Ontdekkers at the BP/Kentucky at 5:15, after about 5:20 you don't go east. All those too eager to get to work fast people don't have any respect for others on the road. And the most annoying thing, there is two, at some places 3 lanes, and cars qwill pass close to you. :angry: And whats pathetic is these are mostly white drivers.