want to up grade but what to buy ???????

coola

i currently ride a giant anthem (for sale in classifieds)

anthem x3 custom build with xtr and tubeless

and all that good stuff ..

but ive been looking at the morewood

is it worth the change or ride mine for a bit longer and see whats on the shelves next year ??

also looking at the 2011 anthem x 29er

help a rider out

The Anthem X 29er is great. I've been riding one since December last year. Rock solid bike and not too heavy either. Also one of the most comfortable bikes around.

Moved from Specialized Epic Carbon to Morewood, best move I have ever made.

Awesome bike running SRAM (My preference over Shimano)

Try and take all the bikes you are keen on for a test ride an then make your decision.

Good Luck

ive heard really good things from the anthem 29er ...

thanks for the info ...i would change whels set though to ztr or american classics

I Ride a Zula with American classic wheels and its a potent combo.

The Zula is bullet proof. Have not heard of a cracked Zula yet!!

The Zula is bullet proof. Have not heard of a cracked Zula yet!!

actually i have - but i heard the factory was great and sorted it out straight away

Dude, get the Morewood. And pimp it with X0 2x10 or XTR 2x10, some Chris King hubs on ZTR 355's or some Easton Carbon Havens (trail rims at XC weight), a little bit of carbon or titanium here and there.... Morewood have also been known to do custom colours (for a price I am sure).

Or even, polished alu Zula with a custom sticker kit....??? Come on, get a bike that is not available at every bike shop.... (grabs hat and sprints for the door!) :lol:

I've gone to look at your Anthem in the classifieds and I understand why you ask the question.

The Anthem is a great bike with great specs and you will be lucky to find something better to buy and definitely not for the same money. So, spend extra money on something with a more rare lineage or bigger wheels, but that does not necessarily give you proportionally increased performance?

What about taking the extra money you would spend and go ride someplace special? DOING something is always better than BUYING something! Think about the Alps, Scotland, Whistler, Mont Ventoux or if the budget is more modest, Harkerville or something like the Tour de Kruger.

Hope I've now made it even more difficult for you (tongue in cheek)!

What about taking the extra money you would spend and go ride someplace special? DOING something is always better than BUYING something! Think about the Alps, Scotland, Whistler, Mont Ventoux or if the budget is more modest, Harkerville or something like the Tour de Kruger.

Nice one!!!

well i think i am off to the bike shops for some pimp items ...and save the cash for next years toys at bargin prices ?????

how the hell do you part with so much cash and feel that you have made all the right checks for the "perfect buy"?

riding partner has up graded to a morewood zula (well used 2nd hand)but he did change from a sworks 2007 and that brain sucked big time . he could never keep up down the rocky stuff and drop offs.

so unless i can find a bargin deal im keeping the anthem and going on a bike holiday !!!!! anyone coming ?

oh.. all please check out facebook for "ride for mobility" i will be updating it soon.

we have 14 riders this year for the berg n bush /