Formula 1...

'Dale

Yeah, but all the design and rule changes have slowed the cars down a lot since 2004.

Good point, TNT1... ;)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know on who my money is :P

Never thought one could find a bigger w@nker than herr chin but what do you know???

Yeah, but what I mean is there should be less retrictions. I don't want to see dumbded down racing, I want to see the best cars that technology can invent, with the best drivers. Same as cycling. I don't want to see weedmod racing intern up alpe d huez. I want to see the very best donnering the **** out of each other day after day.

I agree, but theoretically with the present technology a 1.0 L V8 turbo would probably be too fast for the racetracks to handle. The V6 turbo's Mansell used to race were way too fast for the tracks then, and yes, the tracks are safer, but I do remeber the USA race fiasco when only the Bridgestone cars could compete because of the tyre limitations.

The issue is the peripheral technology not being able to cope with the engine and racecar technology.

I agree, but theoretically with the present technology a 1.0 L V8 turbo would probably be too fast for the racetracks to handle. The V6 turbo's Mansell used to race were way too fast for the tracks then, and yes, the tracks are safer, but I do remeber the USA race fiasco when only the Bridgestone cars could compete because of the tyre limitations.

The issue is the peripheral technology not being able to cope with the engine and racecar technology.

Some of that, like the tyres, is due to ecclestones meddling. But, yeah, I hear what you're saying, it's like what the Lancia Delta Integrale did to WRC...

Some of that, like the tyres, is due to ecclestones meddling. But, yeah, I hear what you're saying, it's like what the Lancia Delta Integrale did to WRC...

Maybe we should start lobbying for tracks that can handle faster cars...etc. :clap:

And yeah Ecclestone's meddling did mess things up. But at the same time it raised the bar in terms of regulating the sport. I wonder if the same will happen if cycling goes private :unsure:

Edited by DaLoCo

Alonso is my man. Those Brabham BMW turbo's in the 80's were 4 cyl 1.5's and pushed out over 1000 hp in qualifying trim.

Now they are following the cycling market with tyres to match your car.

http://en.espnf1.com/PICTURES/CMS/9100/9159.jpg

Wet - orange

Intermediate - light blue

Supersoft - red

Soft - yellow

Medium - white

Hard - silver

Those Brabham BMW turbo's in the 80's were 4 cyl 1.5's and pushed out over 1000 hp in qualifying trim.

Thx :thumbup: I knew it was some ridiculous power figures :blink:

Never thought one could find a bigger w@nker than herr chin but what do you know???

Jealousy makes u nasty...

Wtf does herr mean?

Jealousy makes u nasty...

Wtf does herr mean?

Herr (German)pl Herren ...............a German man: used before a name as a title equivalent to Mr

[German, from Old High German herro lord]

Masturbating chinese gentleman then??

Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull crushed their opposition in Albert Park on Saturday to grab pole position for the Australian Grand Prix by a stunning eight-tenths of a second, the world champion being in a class of his own as he lapped in 1m 23.529s in Q3.

Lewis Hamilton showed that McLaren’s Friday form was far from the fluke some believed, by snatching second place on the grid from Red Bull’s Mark Webber, with a lap of 1m 24.307s compared to the local hero’s 1m 24.395s. McLaren’s Jenson Button kept Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso at bay with 1m 24.779s for fourth, the Spaniard having to settle for 1m 24.974s for Ferrari.

Great show by Mclaren Merchant after a tough testing phase in the pre season.

Petrov, congrats... First evva podium spot.

Renault in 3rd.

Wonder how Kubica is recovering.

Petrov first ever Russian to have a podium. Cool!