Formula 1...

'Dale

Red Bull grid 1 & 3, split by Mclaren in 2nd spot after tomorrow's Malaysian's GP:

Q: Sebastian, third pole in a row, but a little bit closer than it was in Australia this one?

Sebastian Vettel: Yeah, I would say so definitely. It was quite a challenging weekend until qualifying. I was happy with the car but we never really got into a rhythm, so yesterday wasn’t as smooth as we hoped for. Also this morning, but we knew that we had it in the car. The main thing was to keep believing in it and in qualifying it worked out straight away, so first qualifying, second and third, was very good and, as you said, so very close in the end with the McLaren guys. So, very happy. Big compliment to the guys in the team, especially the guys with the KERS system. We got lots of criticism after the last race for not having run it all the time. It is something we were not proud of but we came here and we solved most of our problems, and I think if we did not have it today then we would not be here, both of us, so it is a great achievement and compliments to those guys. We all work hand-in-hand and if this is the reward, then we keep working, I would say, so very pleased.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go, Mclaren!! :clap:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/butt_hami_mcla_sepa_2011-470x313.jpg

anyone know how the maclaren's exhaust design changed and how it influenced their aero package? I know they 'copied' the RB exhaust layout, and going on the fact Lewis finished with a loose floor board, it sounds like it was a rushed change..

What a start!

Webber from 3rd to 9th.

Lewis down to 3rd from 2nd with Petrov claiming 2nd spot after the 1st bend.

Button right up there in 4th.

Seb dominates with another win.

Lewis struggles with some front wing damage and slips to 7th.

Renault with another 3rd with Heidfeld.

And lekka result for Button with a solid 2nd.

Tch, tch, tch...

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was demoted one place to eighth at the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday after being given a 20-second drive-through penalty by organisers.The 2008 world champion was given the penalty two hours after he finished the race in seventh when International Automobile Federation (FIA) stewards deemed he had made more than one change of direction while defending his position.

Tch, tch, tch...

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton was demoted one place to eighth at the Malaysian Grand Prix on Sunday after being given a 20-second drive-through penalty by organisers.The 2008 world champion was given the penalty two hours after he finished the race in seventh when International Automobile Federation (FIA) stewards deemed he had made more than one change of direction while defending his position.

This is such bull, the guys commentating said it was good clean racing between him and alonso and then this happens., alonso also got a 20sec penalty

F*&k Alonso. I'm about to sell my Ferrari. FFS! This is even more depressing than when Gerhard Berger was in a Ferrari. FFS! I need more beer.

There's a tear in my beer...

Been watching religiously for almost 25yrs now and thought I'd give it another season after my viewing deminished considerably over the past 3 yrs.

The racing is still dull and boring. Nothing has improved.

I say bring back refueling and another tyre manufacture.

'Old School' F1 was still the best. :thumbup:

(Ayrton Senna fan)

Been watching religiously for almost 25yrs now and thought I'd give it another season after my viewing deminished considerably over the past 3 yrs.

(Ayrton Senna fan)

Agreed. And put new technology like DRS in the hands of the drivers, not the FIA. Stupid move that.

(Ayrton Senna fan)

At least the DRS makes for more passing, even though it is too regulated, as TNT says. Also, the tyres degrading quicker does add more to the mix. It is definitely a little more interesting than last year.

Good on Heidfeld for a solid 3rd place!

(Ayrton Senna fan)

Commentators say that the new Pirelli tyres make for unpredictable racing. <_<

pirelli's were always soft, and the breakdown is pseudo unpredictable because it's actually a function of how each driver drives. should definitely make things interesting though.

pirelli's were always soft, and the breakdown is pseudo unpredictable because it's actually a function of how each driver drives. should definitely make things interesting though.

I dont think so capri, from what i have seen so far, all the drivers do pretty much the same number of laps on each tyre before they pit. Give or take one or two laps So the only things comming into play is getting stuck in traffic as happend to both Hami and Seb. And obviously the guys chasing the leader in the dirty air will wear theirs slightly quicker. (which in my opinion) does not bode well for the rest of the season. The guy leading into the first corner is still pretty much assured a win, unless something stupid happens.

This tyre degredation would have been interesting if they kept variable fuel loads in play, like the good ol days, now that would really mess with peoples strategies and mix things up.

PS airbender Hami and Alsonso got penalties for that stint.

covie: your probably spot on. I was thinking of the pirelli's of old, and if you followed the post Aus race pit talk, almost everyone was surprisd they held up that well, reflecting what I had in mind: the almost traditional behaviour of pirellis to degrade super quick. great for traction, but sh1te for robustness.

If they can survive Sepang, then they'd do pretty well for the rest of the season, unless pirelli decides to go back to it's old recipe... all manner of fun should ensue :rolleyes:

Edited by Capricorn

Well done, Hammie!

Top spot in China.

Seb 2nd.

Webber 3rd nogal after starting low down.