Formula 1...

'Dale

I read a nice story about the Alonso - Toyota 2021 team. Pity about the date of the article

You see he was here last week playing in the northern cape sand somewhere with Geniel and the gazoo racing team. Flew in on a private jet. 

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did see a photo of him and Giniel De Villers together in SA, so.............

Giniel gets paid a bar  to race dakar. His salary gets paid by imperial toyota. So unless there is some or other big investor then I don't think there is enough money to pay FA. Other option is they pair up with FAR(Fernando Alonso Racing), then the salary is pretty much null and void.

Has boredom not killed it already?! It has for me. A good couple of years ago. I went from being glued to the TV for highlights all those years ago when that was all we had, to glued for races religiously to... oh, let's see what the results were a day or so after.

Even in the Schumacher era of dominance he was still scrapping for wins, but for the odd season (2002 springs to mind) where they had a really good car. But already by then the rules started artificially changing to create the perception of equality for the lesser funded teams. Guess what, it created a bigger gulf, since the funded teams can pour more into R&D for new developments every time.

Then they go further to "equalize" and change the engine formula, one team writes off one season, steals the run on it and we've had the pinnacle of snoredom ever since. And no, I don't blame Merc, I blame this artificial tinkering with rules. They are so prescriptive that no real outside the box design/idea is even allowed any more.  

I'm starting to sound like the cynical old "back in the day" fart that I most likely realistically am. 

Giniel gets paid a bar  to race dakar. His salary gets paid by imperial toyota. So unless there is some or other big investor then I don't think there is enough money to pay FA. Other option is they pair up with FAR(Fernando Alonso Racing), then the salary is pretty much null and void.

I read an article Toyota Japan have already said they will enter a car if Alonso wants to race Dakar. 

How great is this. Mick Schumacher testing the Ferrari F1 today in Bahrain. Let's hope he can follow in his dads footsteps.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/schumacher-ferrari-bahrain-first-test/4363480/

He is testing today and Vettel tomorrow. Nothing like putting the new guy up against the guy he will replace.............................

I didn't watch a lot of F3 but I heard he was clearly better than the rest of the grid. I am hoping he does well this year in F2. You can see the difference between the rookies that come up from F2 as they know the tracks already and basically just need to get used the cars.

Is there anyway of watching F1 in SA online either through Kodi or another option

I ditched DSTV and would still like to watch F1

Is there anyway of watching F1 in SA online either through Kodi or another option

I can't really help you, but also interested. I also ditched DSTV, but still watch through the DSTV Now app

Vettel is in danger of becoming  obselete very quickly at Ferrari. He has shown numerous last year and now this year that he cannot handle the pressure from Hamster.

Ferrari may regret asking Le Clerc to hold station behind Vettel in Oz.

I can't really help you, but also interested. I also ditched DSTV, but still watch through the DSTV Now app

I use cricfree.com which gives me a SkyF1 feed. It can be laggy at times but it's better than nothing.

I see Mick was quick straight away. Only Max beat his time and only after using softs.

I use cricfree.com which gives me a SkyF1 feed. It can be laggy at times but it's better than nothing.

I see Mick was quick straight away. Only Max beat his time and only after using softs.

To also think that was his first time in that car (or any modern F1 car for that matter?), and they lost a few hours of testing to rain, it is very impressive.

Headline on F1 news: Verstappen heads Schumacher in testing.

Comment on FB: 1994 called, it wants its headline back  :lol:

Mobdro for android, has the SkyF1 channel.

You can run it on windows using the BlueStacks emulator