Formula 1...

'Dale

So Max is out qualified for the first time since Danny Ric did so. Hopefully Perez can jump Hamilton on the start straight with the soft tyres and do a Perez style tyre whisper job, assuming no rain at the start of course. Wouldn't mind a lucky safety car to play into Checo's hands, really want an unexpected winner for a change.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a race, most impressive on the day were the 2 Ferraris. Besides Carlos setting up his brake bias and doing some rally stints, they were really consistent. 

Russel trying to get into Bottas seat a little too quick, Bottas probably in last season in F1. Fighting a Williams while team mate fighting for podium... 

Mclaren not wasting time and putting the team first and getting Dan to move over for Lando.

Mazepin did finish the race, although did get a spin in.

Perez pulling an Albon.

Max almost losing it on the restart, Lando questioning why Charles did not pass him.

All in all, amazing GP.

Thoroughly enjoyed that race. Why can't we have rain every race?

Max was sublime. He started in 2nd gear and everyone else in 1st, what a bunch of amateurs..........

Once again Lewis was seriously lucky with the red flag. He would never have finished 2nd. I was shouting at him to beach the car. The one time I support the d00$ he doesn't do as I ask.

Norris was super strong, so glad for McLaren.

Ferrari are looking much better than last year, YAY!!!

Valteri and George-That was a serious impact. Not sure who to blame. Racing incident?

What a race, most impressive on the day were the 2 Ferraris. Besides Carlos setting up his brake bias and doing some rally stints, they were really consistent. 

Russel trying to get into Bottas seat a little too quick, Bottas probably in last season in F1. Fighting a Williams while team mate fighting for podium... 

Mclaren not wasting time and putting the team first and getting Dan to move over for Lando.

Mazepin did finish the race, although did get a spin in.

Perez pulling an Albon.

Max almost losing it on the restart, Lando questioning why Charles did not pass him.

All in all, amazing GP.

LOL ja that was close. I am sure that got his HR up just a tad. Mick also got caught out warming the tyres up.

Thoroughly enjoyed that race. Why can't we have rain every race?

Max was sublime. He started in 2nd gear and everyone else in 1st, what a bunch of amateurs..........

Once again Lewis was seriously lucky with the red flag. He would never have finished 2nd. I was shouting at him to beach the car. The one time I support the d00$ he doesn't do as I ask.

Norris was super strong, so glad for McLaren.

Ferrari are looking much better than last year, YAY!!!

Valteri and George-That was a serious impact. Not sure who to blame. Racing incident?

as soon as I saw lewis pushing that last but to get as much of the car onto the cement as possible and then start fidling with his controls I knew he was getting out. He's too good A driver to be taken out by that.

the only reason he slid off is he didn't want to wait for the lapped cars to get out of the way so he tried passing off the racing line( dry line ) . He showed a master class today but was also exceptionally lucky with the red flag 

Bottas did move slightly right but that was the racing line which he was entitled to since he was leading , george touched the grass and started spinning. Racing incident imo but if we have to asign blame Bottas definitely shouldn't get it 

Closest top 8 quali' since 2012 or something. Just add water. Awesome racing. Drama over Bottas' cockpit. Much needed balm for the sport.

Max represents the new generation of racer as Hamilton with his extraordinary race records are slowly entering the twilight of his career.

Edited by 'Dale

Norris deservedly driver of the day, what a drive! He had 3s on Danny Ric after the first lap he let him through. LeClerc couldn't touch him, even though they had the supposed tyre life advantage later in the race being on the mediums. And he defended really well against Hamilton before getting passed, keeping in mind that Lewis had a big car/tyre advantage at that stage of the race. I didn't think Lando would be this much faster than Danny and in fact backed Danny to be on top of this battle even early on, but am glad to be wrong as it's lekker to see his talent coming to the fore. It's still early days and Danny needs to get to grips with the car, but Lando is also improving all the time, so I'm not sure Danny will come out on top of this one. Also, Lando has a lekker competitive and decisive mindset if you listen to his onboard radios and interviews. 

Norris deservedly driver of the day, what a drive! He had 3s on Danny Ric after the first lap he let him through. LeClerc couldn't touch him, even though they had the supposed tyre life advantage later in the race being on the mediums. And he defended really well against Hamilton before getting passed, keeping in mind that Lewis had a big car/tyre advantage at that stage of the race. I didn't think Lando would be this much faster than Danny and in fact backed Danny to be on top of this battle even early on, but am glad to be wrong as it's lekker to see his talent coming to the fore. It's still early days and Danny needs to get to grips with the car, but Lando is also improving all the time, so I'm not sure Danny will come out on top of this one. Also, Lando has a lekker competitive and decisive mindset if you listen to his onboard radios and interviews. 

Lando was regarded as champion material when he moved up with Russel and Albon ( they were also ) 

I think people might have just dismissed him cause he's such a laid back socialite 

Lando is also very, what's the best wording, aggressive/competitive with Max Verstappen. When asked about Max spin before the restart, he said Charles was soft and should have taken the place from Max and why did he wait. 

(Charles on the other hand had no team radio and thought that it was a normal restart not rolling one and when saw Max disappear and Lando come past he knew something was up)

Lando was regarded as champion material when he moved up with Russel and Albon ( they were also )

I think people might have just dismissed him cause he's such a laid back socialite

He also has a habit of keeping his tyres really fresh for the end of the race. Sadly those softs were really at the end of their tether by that stage. He said it - as soon as he felt those rears start giving up he knew he'd be passed because of the traction he was losing out of the corners

And, he's also just a lekka guy.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem