'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Was he not the gimp suit guy?

yes... i'll admit my first thought when i read that is that i hope he went any other way than  asphyxiation  while busy being Mr Slave.

anyway, thats was his thing. RIP

7 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Bottas wheelnut. 

Vjg2pTR.jpg

See Toto has blamed Bottas for missing his marks on Sunday

5 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

he should blame the team for not designing better wheel nuts, not hiring better mechanics, over speccing the 3000Nm  wheel guns lol. Guess thats reserved for nr 44 only though.

Edited by MORNE

6 hours ago, MORNE said:

This guy????

Have you watched the onboard shots when the instruction came through. I would have said the same. Maybe the tunnel would be the only place to make the changes

6 hours ago, MORNE said:

This guy????

Is it just me or do all these race engineers sound EXACTLY the same? :huh:

Drivers I can hear the difference, but with the race engineer it sounds like it is the same guy that talks to Lewis.

2 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

Toto should remember what he said back in '78

We'll crack before we shatter
We can't fall apart, oh, oh

8 hours ago, MORNE said:

Bottas wheelnut. 

Vjg2pTR.jpg

If you watch the video replays you can see the nut filings off the wheel gun as it self destructed. Heartbreaking.   

23 minutes ago, WrightJnr said:

If you watch the video replays you can see the nut filings off the wheel gun as it self destructed. Heartbreaking.   

unfortunate yes...heartbreaking though??...???? At this stage i could watch merc self implode for the rest of the season...and then i'll rewatch every race too lol. I'm so over this era of F1. Ferrari and mclaren are so close for this to be a 4 way scrap most of the time. one can only wish it stays like that next year..but it probably wont. 

9 hours ago, MORNE said:

unfortunate yes...heartbreaking though??...???? At this stage i could watch merc self implode for the rest of the season...and then i'll rewatch every race too lol. I'm so over this era of F1. Ferrari and mclaren are so close for this to be a 4 way scrap most of the time. one can only wish it stays like that next year..but it probably wont. 

I agree w.r.t. merc dominating but I actually like Bottas so for me it was heartbreaking , he's proven when he's on his game that even lewis can't touch him 

50 minutes ago, MORNE said:

I just like to see race results come from on track performance and mistakes. Not because of mechanical issues, or pit crew etc. I fully accept that my view is not a reality but I come from a racing background where results were determined by driver vs. driver, if I was beat it was because someone simply drove better than me or out smarted me on the track. Maybe I’m too old school, hahahaha. 

1 hour ago, BaGearA said:

I agree w.r.t. merc dominating but I actually like Bottas so for me it was heartbreaking , he's proven when he's on his game that even lewis can't touch him 

He just doesn't have that killer instinct the cream of the crop has though. And for that reason i personally dont rate him much more than a descent nr 2.  He’s seems like a nice guy though...but therein also lies the problem for him i think. I also fear that once he gets replaced at merc eventually his career will follow the trajectory of heiki kovalainen’s....unless he pulls finger and pull a rosberg on hamilton. But i doubt it, people underestimated how well rosberg could get under ham’s skin lol. 

55 minutes ago, WrightJnr said:

I just like to see race results come from on track performance and mistakes. Not because of mechanical issues, or pit crew etc. I fully accept that my view is not a reality but I come from a racing background where results were determined by driver vs. driver, if I was beat it was because someone simply drove better than me or out smarted me on the track. Maybe I’m too old school, hahahaha. 

Those are all and have always been part of motorsport though.

“luck” is when preparation meets opportunity...

merc just didn't prepare well enough at monaco, evident in ham’s setup woes and botta’s pitcrew blunders