Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

I watched the 1 hour highlights, so I might have missed small moments. But the swing in emotions was similar to watching the 2007 Super Rugby Final closing stages.

-Verstappen, leads. Perez holding back Hamilton. Bottas not scoring points. Only 4 laps left... YES PLEASE ????

-Verstappen tyre failure.... NOOOOOOO!  That sucks, Hamilton is going to bag plenty of points :(

-Restart?! NOOO, Hamilton might take first place at the start.... :(

-Good launch for HAM... NOOOOO, he's going to win this. :(  OH WAIT, he runs straight ???????? (I literally laughed out loud)

-1.PEREZ 2.VETTEL 3.GASLY No points for MERC. I can live with that ???? 

PS. Cherry on top - Hamilton is beaten by Mazepin at the chequered flag of an F1 race. 

This is my whatsapp status. I have received some bitch and moan messages from LH lovers. HAHAHAHAHA. Have also received some good messages from the fans of the sport like myself.

8 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

This is my whatsapp status. I have received some bitch and moan messages from LH lovers. HAHAHAHAHA. Have also received some good messages from the fans of the sport like myself.

I am not an expert, but by my calculation, here are the drivers that have finished behind MAZEPIN at the chequered flag of an F1 race:

-Hamilton: Baku 2021

-Latifi: Baku 2021, 

-M Schumacher: Monaco 2021

Not a very long list.... ????

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

I am not an expert, but by my calculation, here are the drivers that have finished behind MAZEPIN at the chequered flag of an F1 race:

-Hamilton: Baku 2021

-Latifi: Baku 2021, 

-M Schumacher: Monaco 2021

Not a very long list.... ????

Yeah that list is not far off. Russel also technically had a DNF yesterday but I think maybe laps completed throws things off a bit and Latifi had that stop and go story so I think the team just pulled both cars tbh. But still, Mazepin has basically finished last every race. Mick had some issue at Monaco and had to pit extra but was consistently quicker.

I heard Mazepin was complaining that the FIA are nailing him for transgressions but the top guys are doing the same and getting away with it, he's not wrong tbh but he has a target on his back. Lets just hope the Russian mafia don't get involved????.

Also, Mazepin has less penalty points than a lot of drivers, Norris is the naughtiest of everyone according to the points system but we let that slide????.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:34 PM, Pure Savage said:

I see that all the F1 teams are tweeting about pride month and how the support the LGPTQ rights etc.

Do they not know where they are racing this weekend? Baku, the country that was ranked 49/49 worst place to live as a LGPTQ..

They should really stop this PR stuff, if the team actually supports the right, either boycott the race or make a statement before the race about the country they forced to race in. 

Its just so painful to watch.

Like come on, how much can you really support pride if you race in Saudi this year..

16 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Yeah that list is not far off. Russel also technically had a DNF yesterday but I think maybe laps completed throws things off a bit and Latifi had that stop and go story so I think the team just pulled both cars tbh. But still, Mazepin has basically finished last every race. Mick had some issue at Monaco and had to pit extra but was consistently quicker.

I heard Mazepin was complaining that the FIA are nailing him for transgressions but the top guys are doing the same and getting away with it, he's not wrong tbh but he has a target on his back. Lets just hope the Russian mafia don't get involved????.

Also, Mazepin has less penalty points than a lot of drivers, Norris is the naughtiest of everyone according to the points system but we let that slide????.

he's A good driver 

he was mixing it with the top okes in F2 and ended 5th in the 2020 season ....and he wasn't in A PREMA 

people have  labelled him and he probably won't ever get rid of it but regardless of what you think if him he IS A good driver 

13 hours ago, BaGearA said:

he's A good driver 

he was mixing it with the top okes in F2 and ended 5th in the 2020 season ....and he wasn't in A PREMA 

people have  labelled him and he probably won't ever get rid of it but regardless of what you think if him he IS A good driver 

F2 is a spec series, ie they all get the same toys...so argument invalid????

sure, some teams have better engineers etc but the kit is the same. Imo it shows with Maz, he seems unable to tame the car or get it in a window he likes, something a lesser f2 team would not be able to do as well as a better f2 team. MSC manages that far quicker, easier. He's obviously very methodical in his approach in setting up the car to his liking and is problem solver. It shows on the onboards. the car seems more manageable in msc's hands. on a knife edge in Maz's. 

People also seem to forget or not know that MAZ's dad (like Stroll's) rented out tracks all over Europe...as well as Mercedes f1 cars for him to test in prep for formula 1. Maybe he got too used to how easy those are to drive haha...

I'm sure he'll do better in a better team...like most drivers. But at this stage he's failing to impress anyone. There are better f2 drivers that deserved that seat more.

Historically Msc has also only gotten better as he learned...so Maz will be up against it sooner rather than later imo. 

On 6/6/2021 at 5:41 PM, Baldrick said:

don't think so. They did an extra lap under yellow before the red

they mentioned that it would be the case. red flag lap -1 lap = final result. 

On 6/8/2021 at 8:11 AM, MORNE said:

they mentioned that it would be the case. red flag lap -1 lap = final result. 

Verstappen crashed before completing lap 46

Perez led for laps 47 and 48 when the red flag came out

Lap 49 under safety car from the pits

Laps 50 and 51 under race conditions.

So my calculations the result should have been the positions at the end of lap 47, but I've been know to be completely wrong as well ????

246299914_Screenshot2021-06-09093020.jpg.7de443caf668b0c532fb487b056a6931.jpg

On 6/7/2021 at 1:55 PM, Long Wheel Base said:

Just checked the calendar now, next 4 weekends are race weekends. So that is 5 weeks in a row. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so just checked the updated calendar as I has missed the cancelation of Canada. So nothing this weekend but then it is France and Austria twice all back to back.

Race weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

France, seeing lots of memes about it being boring but lets see, this season has produced a few interesting races that we thought would be a bit bland.

So Perilli has come out and said not debris and not manufacture defect, just fairies that caused 2 tyre failures. 

Hamilton and Vetel had cuts in their rear rights as well.

27 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

So Perilli has come out and said not debris and not manufacture defect, just fairies that caused 2 tyre failures. 

Hamilton and Vetel had cuts in their rear rights as well.

High-speed Street circuits are maybe not worth the risk? 

1 hour ago, Vetplant said:

High-speed Street circuits are maybe not worth the risk? 

As fun as it was to watch, someone could have been seriously hurt. Did you see Lando's interview thing on it? Had Max veered off to his left instead of the right, he would have hit a concrete barrier that was stuck out at an angle. The result would probably have been a lot worse than him kicking the tyre and everyone making funny memes.

EDIT: I will try find the article with the pics but here is something in the mean time.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/videos/86435/norris-on-verstappen-crash-could-have-been-a-lot-worse.html

Edited by Long Wheel Base