Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MrJacques said:

RUMOUR: Netflix is going to create a show about Nikita Mazepin. It will be a spin-off.

Will Bottas make a guest appearance from the pit lane? 

Yuki Spinoda to also feature. 

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Ai Ai Ai Valtteri. The McLaren mechanics were like WTAF dude. 

Earned himself a 3 place grid penalty and 2 license points for his little "experiment"...

7 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

Earned himself a 3 place grid penalty and 2 license points for his little "experiment"...

Yip, pity it's wasn't Lewis they decided to try out this new strategy on. Guess that's what you get for being the number 2, your job to test out all the new tricks. 

The way Toto is reacting to the competition is very disappointing and this pit stop rule change is going to far. It's fine to believe in your team but no team is entitled to win.  

I've been supporting Merc this year because I believe Lewis is way more talented than people give him credit for and I hope he uses the competitive Red Bull to prove himself but every week I'm getting more and more comfortable with the idea of Max taking it. He is clearly the fastest driver now and most deserving of a title.

Eish, another lap and it'd have been a RBR 1 & 3! Seems like RBR have edged ahead in the development race and kudos to them for that. Now Merc are the team trying to put pitstop and other hurdles in front of RBR, essentially shoe on the other foot. Some way to go still in this championship but Max is putting in flawless performances whether or not he has the faster car. I hope Merc haven't genuinely aborted this race for '21 in favour of' 22 development as has been rumoured...

3 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

I hope Merc haven't genuinely aborted this race for '21 in favour of' 22 development as has been rumoured...

Doubt it, but one wouldn’t put it past Lewis to perpetuate this type of story. 

On 6/25/2021 at 5:19 PM, aiyaaz said:

Spoke to the owner of G&A Motorsport recently and he knows for definite, as he was told by this kid's dad, that this dad put R1.5m into a year of karting for his kid. The kid is one of the top racers for sure, and had 4 latest spec kart chassis' running at the time and they change out their tyres probably at least a few times per week if not a lot more than that. Pretty sure they rebuild their engines a lot as well given their budget. Current kart tyres cost around R3600 per set with full engine rebuilds (top and bottom) somewhere around R16k - R18k I believe. I've always wondered why there are always a bunch of engines on the bench at the kart store workshop at Killarney...

There are some seriously wealthy folks out there!

I heard, not sure of how factual it is, that is cost between R40-60mil to get the Binder brothers to where they are now. Seems crazy but then again once you get to the GP grid, the first rides are usually bought, in euros.

46 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

I heard, not sure of how factual it is, that is cost between R40-60mil to get the Binder brothers to where they are now. Seems crazy but then again once you get to the GP grid, the first rides are usually bought, in euros.

all that money and the best line Daryn can come up with on world wide tv is F#@* off P0#$ after getting the track limit penalty.

The ocean between Lando and Danny is getting wider, one qualifying 3rd and the other a second behind in 13th. 

This is Perez best finsih at Austria, this is not his fav circuit and its soft on the tyres so his super softness does not really help.

This week they go again, lets hope Williams have epxoy that leak shut by then.

2 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

The ocean between Lando and Danny is getting wider, one qualifying 3rd and the other a second behind in 13th. 

This is Perez best finsih at Austria, this is not his fav circuit and its soft on the tyres so his super softness does not really help.

This week they go again, lets hope Williams have epxoy that leak shut by then.

Wonder if they(McLaren) will bring their salaries closer? From what I hear, Danny earns A LOT more than Lando.

19 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

Eish, another lap and it'd have been a RBR 1 & 3! Seems like RBR have edged ahead in the development race and kudos to them for that. Now Merc are the team trying to put pitstop and other hurdles in front of RBR, essentially shoe on the other foot. Some way to go still in this championship but Max is putting in flawless performances whether or not he has the faster car. I hope Merc haven't genuinely aborted this race for '21 in favour of' 22 development as has been rumoured...

I wonder if Honda are now regretting this is their last year in F1?