Formula 1...

'Dale

53 minutes ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Be prepared, F1 has.is becoming boring. One horse race, even tho its someone else. I actually switched off. The midfield as always, are racing each other. I cant wait for next season with the new ground effects kits, promoting wheel to wheel racing. I hope it is very different. I also doubt I will switch on again for the rest of the season, at the beginning it was interesting. But yeast during the race with Max getting timing updates and his responses, "so what, " i dont care" etc. He has this in the bag. The toss up is for second and third. Enjoy the season peeps.

Yesterday's "wheel to wheel" with Checo and Charles wasn't close enough? :)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Yesterday's "wheel to wheel" with Checo and Charles wasn't close enough? :)

as mentioned in my post about the midfield. I am talking of the front runners. thanks. I am out. 

6 hours ago, Eddy Gordo said:

Be prepared, F1 has.is becoming boring. One horse race, even tho its someone else. I actually switched off. The midfield as always, are racing each other. I cant wait for next season with the new ground effects kits, promoting wheel to wheel racing. I hope it is very different. I also doubt I will switch on again for the rest of the season, at the beginning it was interesting. But yeast during the race with Max getting timing updates and his responses, "so what, " i dont care" etc. He has this in the bag. The toss up is for second and third. Enjoy the season peeps.

Max pitted as there was a cut on his rear tyre. If that had gone he would have limped to the pits and not been on the podium. 

Between the tyres, the different cars, tracks and drivers this season is thrilling. I don't think I have ever consumed this much F1 content as its such a close battle. 

Chainbear has pointed out that this is the closest the top 2 and 5 have been in past 25 years in the first 9 rounds of the championship. 

Funny, Vetel was ahead by 40 points in 2017 I think and then Ferrari did a Ferrari thing.

So yeah, an amazing season with teams trying to keep an eye on next year while trying to stay ahead this year. 

One cannot just look at the gap at the end of the race or during it.

Friendly reminder…new schedule this weekend:

Fp1 and ’normal’ quali on friday

Fp2 and sprint race on saturday.

Friday quali sets grid for sprint race.(this doesnt count towards quali record books)

sprint race result sets grid for sunday grid( this counts towards quali record books)

sunday as usual.

4D5867DD-1108-4C1F-BEDF-FD68F3167B4E.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

Friday quali sets grid for sprint race.(this doesnt count towards quali record books)

sprint race result sets grid for sunday grid( this counts towards quali record books)

sunday as usual.

I’ll be there. Friday through Sunday. 

will post some pics from track. 

rumor mill is saying that Russel will be announced as the New merc driver this weekend , I think it has about 15% chance of being true 

Might be the reason Lewis signed such a short contract , he can't keep George away until he retires and maybe wants to see what his chances are in the new era before committing long term.

HOWEVER how likey do you think Mclaren are to drop Danny Ric before the halfway mark of this season if he doesn't get serious move-on ? He's reported to be on A much higher salary package than Lando , he was favoured by the overwhelming majority of people before the season started and he claimed to be up to date by the end of this triple header. Which he clearly isn't.

IMO McLaren should sign Russel with a deal that he moves to merc eventually , they get A great driver and might get some discount on engines AND Merc maybe quiet George down for the next two years.

I think the Latter is MUCH more likely than the former in terms of George's future 

On 7/12/2021 at 7:20 AM, MORNE said:

sunday as usual.

Thanks for the reminder. I just got internet at the new place this morning. Hence I am back on the hub and keen for a little F1. Have not watched a single stage of le tour this year.

2 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

No, his penalty points fall away this weekend luckily. Then some more fall away at the next race. 

Also, there were rumours that like track limits, penaly points may not always end up in a race ban.