Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some behind the scenes shots. F1 use a mobile data centre. They have 2 of them. Used for races which are on consecutive weekends. The first guys get to a track bout 14 days before the race. They start building the data centre and guys start painting the track etc. F1 bring their own fibre and lay it around the track. Again there are 2 sets of everything for concurrent weekends. I used to work with connectivity for tv and data signals. We would arrive around 8 days in advance an commence testing. We would sit inside the data centre from 0700 to around 1900 every day just monitoring. 

Before the race is over guys are beginning to take it all down. The team entertainment areas are also duplicated. So those big structures that cost fortunes there are 2 of them. Transported by truck and built at each track. Takes about 4 days to build an 2 to take down. Cranes are used to build em. 

big business f1. 

29E47EC5-694C-4272-AA51-7AEE05A22C80.jpeg

8B3C9EF4-E707-43BB-ABBB-9623A9E7C377.jpeg

0AF3A4EE-9840-4544-9D87-F9A78A235E6B.jpeg

13CB94E4-8977-4672-A43C-1A9B3B548C29.jpeg

7F43A5D2-5CBC-469F-8E75-43E369A8DFA3.jpeg

There was a video on their YouTube channel a while ago explaining some of the logistics involved and its mind-blowing 

How tf d0es the Ferrari drive away from the mercs at the start but at the end WITH FRESHER tyres somehow they cannot even stay with the merc for 200m 

Great race. English love 44. 

seems a lil unfair really. But that’s racing and were the roles reversed the same sanction would have been applied. 

we saw verstapen getting loaded into helicopter. Happened right next to us basically. Did not think he was injured but track doc must have referred him. 

the red arrows are amazing wow. 

5B22EF55-929D-49B2-929E-019E7CB786EC.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan

My blood is still boiling after yesterday so I will sit on my fingers but I must say I have never sworn at that person so much in my life. 

@IceCreamMan WOW man that must have been so cool. Thanks for all the pics. Glad you had decent weather.

Edited by Long Wheel Base
spelling

@IceCreamMan thanks for the amazing pics!!

I think this is what the season needed, the contenders to tangle. Racing is just going to get closer, As they are 20/30 seconds faster than any other driver on the grid, penalties mean nothing to them. Will not be surprised to see LATE breaking by Max in Hungary, worst you both crash out, best you carry on and other driver crashed out, middle ground, you take the place.

3 hours ago, Pure Savage said:

@IceCreamMan thanks for the amazing pics!!

I think this is what the season needed, the contenders to tangle. Racing is just going to get closer, As they are 20/30 seconds faster than any other driver on the grid, penalties mean nothing to them. Will not be surprised to see LATE breaking by Max in Hungary, worst you both crash out, best you carry on and other driver crashed out, middle ground, you take the place.

If the 2022 cars do bring closer racing as planned I think we might see a lot more incidents. The dynamics of the cars will be different and I don't think drivers are used to driving close to each other in this generation of cars.