'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

WELL THAT ....sucked.????

Very much! Doesn't look like there'll be any real racing today, as reports are that visibility is extremely poor. 

And there we have it, race ended by Masi. No surprise of course, given that conditions were getting worse. 

1 VER

2 RUS

3 HAM

Half points awarded and MAZ with the fastest lap, but no point of course, being outside the top 10.

Edited by aiyaaz

3 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

And there we have it, race ended by Masi. No surprise of course, given that conditions were getting worse. 

1 VER

2 RUS

3 HAM

Half points awarded and MAZ with the fastest lap, but no point of course, being outside the top 10.

If nascar can race Monday I see no reason why f1 can’t. 

50 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

If nascar can race Monday I see no reason why f1 can’t. 

For sure. It feels wrong to dish out racing points without a race actually taking place. 

At one stage while Martin and Simon were looking for stuff to talk about, Simon asks Martin if he had ever raced in these conditions. Martin said he will rather not say anything about what he thinks because he has raced in worse and they never even had rear lights in his days...........

Are they all getting softer or are they all just more worried about safety these days in cars that are a lot safer? 

I heard it was wetter in hamiltons helmet from all the crying about the weather than it was on the track.

They could have just driven slower?????? Alan managed a good few laps without crashing..................

9 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

For sure. It feels wrong to dish out racing points without a race actually taking place. 

They will race, just the next day being Monday. Or am I misunderstanding your reply?

11 hours ago, aiyaaz said:

RACE laps behind the safety car counts as A RACE and thats why they did 2 laps , 2 laps is the minimum to award half points in a race (75% race distance is the minimum for full points)

The BELGIUM GP happened yesterday and its over whether we like it or not.

3 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Are they all getting softer or are they all just more worried about safety these days in cars that are a lot safer? 

They could have just driven slower?????? Alan managed a good few laps without crashing..................

Look, I didn't bother to stay tuned it for the not-race, but safety should always take priority. Risking a fatality for the sake of entertainment is not on. The problem with racers is that they will not go slower, they will go to, and over the limit, that's their job. The other issue is visibility - the wet tyres kick up so much spray that there is just no hope in hell. Remember Mugello's start-line pileup last year? Imagine that in the wet where you don't even see it coming. It sucks that there wasn't any racing, but racing for the sake of racing is also silly in conditions like those. Spa also needs to seriously look at what they're going to do with Eau Rouge. They need to try and push the barrier back and get a sand trap in there in my opinion, but who am I.

41 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

RACE laps behind the safety car counts as A RACE and thats why they did 2 laps , 2 laps is the minimum to award half points in a race (75% race distance is the minimum for full points)

The BELGIUM GP happened yesterday and its over whether we like it or not.

The cynic in me says this was a deliberate move so that they do not have to reimburse the fans or honour their tickets in 2022. 

Having worked in F1 and knowing the money involved , i suspect this played a part. 

2 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

They will race, just the next day being Monday. Or am I misunderstanding your reply?

Just meant that, technically a race has been completed, as explained by BaGearA, but that being only behind a safety car completing the minimum laps required for a classification. So no real "race" between cars happened, but points were awarded, according to the rules. Apart from Russell, none of the drivers seemed to agree with the points being handed out, but it is what it is...

Just now, IceCreamMan said:

The cynic in me says this was a deliberate move so that they do not have to reimburse the fans or honour their tickets in 2022. 

Having worked in F1 and knowing the money involved , i suspect this played a part. 

Gravel trap to built before next year's race , announced before the race weekend 

10 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Gravel trap to built before next year's race , announced before the race weekend 

Sorry don't know why this quoted you