Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bertusras said:

Look, I didn't bother to stay tuned it for the not-race, but safety should always take priority. Risking a fatality for the sake of entertainment is not on. The problem with racers is that they will not go slower, they will go to, and over the limit, that's their job. The other issue is visibility - the wet tyres kick up so much spray that there is just no hope in hell. Remember Mugello's start-line pileup last year? Imagine that in the wet where you don't even see it coming. It sucks that there wasn't any racing, but racing for the sake of racing is also silly in conditions like those. Spa also needs to seriously look at what they're going to do with Eau Rouge. They need to try and push the barrier back and get a sand trap in there in my opinion, but who am I.

A race the next day would be the obvious solution, or they could send each driver out for 5 laps on their own and then take the fastest times from these laps to determine race final position, starting in reverse order with the fastest qualifier going last, and they must finish all 5 laps.
That negates the visibility issue, after that it’s up to the drivers to make sure they finish safely I.e go as slow as they need to…..

11 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

A race the next day would be the obvious solution, or they could send each driver out for 5 laps on their own and then take the fastest times from these laps to determine race final position, starting in reverse order with the fastest qualifier going last, and they must finish all 5 laps.
That negates the visibility issue, after that it’s up to the drivers to make sure they finish safely I.e go as slow as they need to…..

They did a next day race in Moto GP at Qatar once. I wonder what the contracts ITO television broadcast times say about running a next day race. The forfeiture numbers involved are probably a lot higher than the worth of a few Formula 1 drivers lives.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

10 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Fake news from these garbage people

NOTHING has been announced 

Probably the worst kept secret, can't see it NOT happening.
Merc will lose Russell otherwise.

59 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Probably the worst kept secret, can't see it NOT happening.
Merc will lose Russell otherwise.

To who ? 

McLaren maybe with a small chance but then he's still under merc power and its not like he'll say no if they offer it to him in 2023

The merc's pace worries me , they posted the onboard lap of Max and he's pushing that car to hell and still leclerc's fp2 lap dwarfs Max's lap 

Guess the talking point must be the fastest lap saga 

And of course where is russel going to race in 2022? 

I do not like the Dutch track and was expecting a few serious accidents but fortunately not to be. I dont think its at F1 standard. But i understand why F1 had to have a race there. The partisan crowd were amazing. 

Definitely not a spectacle of a race, but the crowd was fantastic. Even though not much action up front, Max was again flawless and could fend off anything Merc threw at him. He calmly brought home the win yesterday. It is also nice that he doesn't talk much BS, like when he knows RBR have the best package, even just marginally, he'll say so. I've noticed from recent interviews that he isn't shy to say things like that and even at times agreeing with assumptions that they would be favourites for a particular weekend. This oke seems to deliver better under pressure.

3 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

...someone get Hamilton a box of tampons, I suspect he may need them soon.

He really did fulfill his quota and then some yesterday. I eventually just pressed mute when i saw he was about to yap some more. 

5 minutes ago, ScottC-M said:

He really did fulfill his quota and then some yesterday. I eventually just pressed mute when i saw he was about to yap some more. 

he epitomes stress-princess.