Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Even if MAX wasn't ahead he was along side so it was Lewis' corner but he should've left a cars width for Max which he didn't as they came to the second apex

Agreed. I was actually surprised that Brundle pointed this out during the race considering his affinity for Lewis.

I see Hamilton's new sponsorship deal with Lil-Lets is already starting to bear fruit seeing as how he managed to tantrum his way to Max getting that 3-place grid penalty. That and his whining about getting decapitated by Max's wheel and having a stiff neck because of it, which is strange since I never actually say him lose his head at any stage, neither did I see the offending wheel actually even touch him. I'm also surprised that none of the commentators noticed that Lewis lost his head whilst commenting on how much value the HALO device has in crashes like this in keeping the driver safe...

i think 44 wouldĀ have eventually gotten past ...maybe 44 should have backed off a little.

Ā 

MAx to leave monza 2 points to the good is a win for him i reckon... the 3 place penalty notwithstanding...but i believe RBR will contest that.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

Yeah, much more of a punishment than an in-race 10 second penalty.....

Where would he serve this ? In the race he didnt finish or at the next race where it didn't happen ?

58 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Where would he serve this ? In the race he didnt finish or at the next race where it didn't happen ?

The grid penalty is transferred to the next race, so surely there is an argument that a 5s or 10s penalty can be served atĀ the next event too?Ā 

10s stationary at one of your pitstops is a whole different kettle of fish than Qualifying on the front row and then being shunted to behind Whoever qualifies 4th/5th, (Norris, Russel, Ricardo)

Talking theoretically here. Some of the sanctions seem disproportionally harsh on a tight championship race.

48 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

The grid penalty is transferred to the next race, so surely there is an argument that a 5s or 10s penalty can be served atĀ the next event too?Ā 

10s stationary at one of your pitstops is a whole different kettle of fish than Qualifying on the front row and then being shunted to behind Whoever qualifies 4th/5th, (Norris, Russel, Ricardo)

Talking theoretically here. Some of the sanctions seem disproportionally harsh on a tight championship race.

If either Max's pit stop did not take 11sec or Lewis did not sit for 4 sec this would not have been an issue, but both, or either, of these pit stops contributed to them meeting each other in the chicane. Maybe a grid position is 'safer' than a pit stop penalty. I would prefer the grid position over a time penalty, as then I can plan my strategy accordingly.Ā 

Also, I am sure that Lewis has got more to worry about than just Max. He is now also racing Bottas if this past weekend is anything to go by.

2 hours ago, BaGearA said:

Sorry hasty typing, I am referring to Lewis's 10 second penalty at Silverton for a "similar" offence.
Yes the Monza one looks so much worse and more dramatic, but look at the damage to Max's car after the Silverstone shunt. Smacks of "rules for thee, but not for me".

Same thing happens in MotoGP with Marquez, some of his moves for sure deserve penalties but rarely get given.

Rumour on the interwebs, and a rumour it has to be stressed is that Saudi Arabia is looking at buying F1 from the Liberty group.Ā 

28 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Rumour on the interwebs, and a rumour it has to be stressed is that Saudi Arabia is looking at buying F1 from the Liberty group.Ā 

That can't be good for the sport , but that is some serious money talkingĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

And it aint like the saudi's are short ofĀ cashĀ 

8 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

That can't be good for the sport , but that is some serious money talkingĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

And it aint like the saudi's are short ofĀ cashĀ 

I agree. I dont think its a good thing but money talks. Also would make a mockery of some of the F1 ideals. Discussing that would get the thread iced i spose.Ā 

Ā 

IIRC their was was oil money behind the A1 GP series.Ā