Formula 1...

'Dale

4 hours ago, ScottC-M said:

MB with their many unnecessary engine changes, while still within the FIA rules is the same as mechanical doping, and this is the real cheating that happened during the season. No other team did this to the EXTREME that MB did. If Lulu was as good as he and his fanbase thinks he is, it wouldn't have been necessary and he would have won long before the finale as they had the superior car. Likewise it wouldn't have been necessary for MB to get the FIA to change the pitstop criteria & change the rear wing specifications during the season just because their opposition was better than them at doing their job! 

I was a Lulu fan all through his McLaren and then early MB days. His off track media attention seeking started to get to me after awhile but then when he came out with his BLM and poor me I've been hard done by BS was the final straw. Plus the guy is a total hypocrite, he complained about Vettle (way before MV was around) but then does the same, with him and Toto its always a Pot & Kettle situation.  I liked MV when he came onto the scene as well as Lando and Charles. Yes MV is aggressive and that reminds me of Schumie and Senna. I don't care about the Vegan , LBTQ , or whatever other media whoring BS that goes on, I watch F1 for the racing and Max is a racer! 

Adrian Newey said in an interview after the race that on the balance of the season RBR probably had the better car. To me it also looks like the Merc was more superior in more races than the RBR was, and more points were lost by Merc due to errors (driver and team), but that would just be my opinion.

What I like about Newey saying what he did, is that it gives the deserved credit to the RBR team (track and factory) for the amazing job they've done. I don't like how TP's and drivers keep trying to make like they're the underdog with a weaker car. That is why Max is such a favourite in the eyes of many. He is always first to say the car was amazing and if it was the best, he says so. That must be so lekker for a team to hear.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Theoretically yes, but practically, I don't see Sainz going past Max on that Lap, Max was a man possessed...

Maybe Sainz could go past Lewis if Sainz was also on Fresh SOFTS like Max, I couldn't see if Sainz pitted under safety car from the highlights, looked like he was still on the White HARDS at the restart.

There still remained the possibility that the leading two could’ve taken each other out... 

5 minutes ago, RoddieJ said:

There still remained the possibility that the leading two could’ve taken each other out... 

Sure, then he wins, regardless of whether there are lapped car/s in front of him or not. He is the next car on the lead lap.

On 12/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, gemmerbal said:

lastly for me the disappointment of the season must be Schummi Jnr, sadly.

Shame it couldn't have been easy for him. That car is an old car that was not developed for this year. They were about to pull out until mazespin Snr bought his way in and basically funded them to race for the year. They said back then they will just make up the numbers this year and start developing for 2022. They joined up with Ferrari at their factory to save costs, they also using some of the Ferrari staff. So in theory they should be a lot more competitive next year, Mick, Nakita and the car. Let's hope they can challenge the alfa, Aston, Williams properly next year. 

25 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Shame it couldn't have been easy for him. That car is an old car that was not developed for this year. They were about to pull out until mazespin Snr bought his way in and basically funded them to race for the year. They said back then they will just make up the numbers this year and start developing for 2022. They joined up with Ferrari at their factory to save costs, they also using some of the Ferrari staff. So in theory they should be a lot more competitive next year, Mick, Nakita and the car. Let's hope they can challenge the alfa, Aston, Williams properly next year. 

Lots of people are wrongly writing mazepin off , he did good in f2 and never drove a Prema 

... don't give me that its " A spec series " everyone knows its not reqlly 

10 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Toto and Lewis not attending the FIA year end gala this evening. 

yeah way to go Merc definitely being the bigger man in an issue that s not even between you and team you're fighting 👍

“I can’t cope with cold, I cannot put sun for two years on it, so I need sun cream and gloves and so on, it’s painful 23 hours of the day, I need to do rehab exercise with it every 10 mins to not lose mobility… I have two hands, I can drive, I can curl my kids, I can play with them. That’s what matters… “ - RG, reflecting on his daily living with his burnt hands 

On 12/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, aiyaaz said:

Adrian Newey said in an interview after the race that on the balance of the season RBR probably had the better car. To me it also looks like the Merc was more superior in more races than the RBR was, and more points were lost by Merc due to errors (driver and team), but that would just be my opinion.

What I like about Newey saying what he did, is that it gives the deserved credit to the RBR team (track and factory) for the amazing job they've done. I don't like how TP's and drivers keep trying to make like they're the underdog with a weaker car. That is why Max is such a favourite in the eyes of many. He is always first to say the car was amazing and if it was the best, he says so. That must be so lekker for a team to hear.

So much admiration for Adrian Newey. RBR was a bit vulnerable this year while he was recuperating from his bike accident - things improved quickly for the team when he got back.

As for Toto and Lewis not showing up on Thursday night, what can one say that hasn't already been said?

F1 has been rotating in Lewis' orbit for too long and Masie stepped up to end that. I hope it doesn't cost him too dearly.